Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whats ur fav Hamburgler Halpar?
Bacon Cheeseburger
Beef Pasta
Cheddar Cheese Melt
Cheeseburger Macaroni
Cheese Lover's Lasagna
Cheesy Beef Pasta
Cheesy Enchilada
Cheesy hashbrowns
Cheesy Italian Beef
Cheesy Ranch Burger
Cheesy Italian Shells
Chili Macaroni
Stroganoff (lmao)
Double Cheeseburger Macaroni
Four CHeese lasagna
Lasagna
Goku
Philly Cheesesteak
Potatoes Stroganoff
Spaghetti
Supreme Cheese Pizza
Three Cheese
Tomato Basil Penne
Deluxe Beef Stroganoff
View Results

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

You made no mention of being tossed down a well.
It was highlights, that's more of a lowdark.

Edit: except maybe in that one picture where the inside of the well is glowing, I guess that one is a lowlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Press the meat; boil the wheat

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Liar.

You made no mention of being tossed down a well.

Hmmm seemed to be a highlight to me for 20ish probations....

*looks disapprovingly at Ops tuna oriented username*

P_T_S
Aug 28, 2009

The plain Salisbury version is very bland. I had to add hot sauce and adobo seasoning, although I do feel sufficiently beefy.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

P_T_S posted:

The plain Salisbury version is very bland. I had to add hot sauce and adobo seasoning, although I do feel sufficiently beefy.

That has to be in the top 3 worst flavors, I agree.

E it didn’t even make the poll

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i thought the salisbury was ok :confused:

but the same with all the HH varieties i tried it didnt exactly pass very easily

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chinatown posted:

BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! BEEF!

Forumsuser Chinatown have ye got any beef?

THEN BEEF ME UP, FELLA!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

numberoneposter posted:

i thought the salisbury was ok :confused:

but the same with all the HH varieties i tried it didnt exactly pass very easily

It requires a lot of pepper

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Beeeeeeef

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.
Here's me summoning The One Who Helps..

NavanaSokarad
Jan 19, 2019
I love them all. making me hungry just thinking reading this thread. :D

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018
All I could get here in the UK was the 4-cheese lasagne - is this a suitable introduction to HH, or do I need to wait for the almighty Strog?
I don't know whether to start low and work up, or if I need to start with the big boss and then sample the inferior offspring?

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018
Mid-trip report.
It actually smells great, though needs reducing a lot further. I've had a bottle of wine and am starving, so even cat food would probably smell lovely.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yay! posted:

Mid-trip report.
It actually smells great, though needs reducing a lot further. I've had a bottle of wine and am starving, so even cat food would probably smell lovely.

I’ve given water reduction instructions multiple times itt. Jfc

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I just spit on the beef grease and it's fine #rawdog

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018
It has been reduced and a hot helping served up - I have to say, it's great stuff. The rest has been put in a loaf tin and refrigerated for tomorrow/later if I get the munchies after more wine. The GF is away for the weekend so I'll just say I ate flour and water, maybe some chickpeas or something. Though I suspect the farts will give it away.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Yay! posted:

It has been reduced and a hot helping served up - I have to say, it's great stuff. The rest has been put in a loaf tin and refrigerated for tomorrow/later if I get the munchies after more wine. The GF is away for the weekend so I'll just say I ate flour and water, maybe some chickpeas or something. Though I suspect the farts will give it away.
Yay! I would like to assure you that Hamburger Helper keeps its shape once refrigerated. When I pulled my leftover strog out of the fridge and scooped it out of the Tupperware the strog kept its shape until I smushed it down and reheated it.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

roomforthetuna posted:

* My username has no connection to tuna helper, and should not be interpreted as an endorsement.

;)

roomforthetuna posted:

* There are several discussions of putting non-tuna meat with a tuna helper, but no discussion of putting non-tuna helpers with tuna. Which of these is more heretical?

There has also been no mention of putting no meat in the helpers. No meat helper, how's that for heretical?

Given I do not support the inordinate amount of discrimination in this thread I have gone to the trouble of locating this very informative youtube video that breaks down, with the help of simple multipliers, how to adjust your liquids if you don't plan on adding hamburger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wlZd9YSuDg

This gentleman also produced a very helpful tutorial on degreasing your pizzas before placing them into storage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQbI76qFU6g

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Thanks to this thread I bought a meat chopper. Can't wait to more efficiently chop my meat next time.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Hello! I haven't read this entire thread but I found it a week or so ago, and it stirred a rumbly in my tumbly I hadn't felt for a decade or so. Unfortunately, my grocery store of choice does not stock the HH. Today, however, I found to my great joy that grocery store #2 stocked three varieties! So I got the cheeseburger and lasagna and gently caress stroganoff.

In some kind of whim, I decided that the lasagna noodles would work best with the cheeseburger sauce and it did not disappoint. It left me wondering about the al dente suggested way upthread. I don't think these noodles know what al dente even means.

I'll confess to dunking the beef in a bit of Maggi and a ton of hot sauce before adding the HH, though. I seemed to remember from college that the trick was to make the beef magically delicious first.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

yeah ill bite and comment that these noodles are very strange, can't say ive ever cooked a noodle that behaved like the HH noodle, i think it has the capacity to soak up a ton of grease

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

numberoneposter posted:

yeah ill bite and comment that these noodles are very strange, can't say ive ever cooked a noodle that behaved like the HH noodle, i think it has the capacity to soak up a ton of grease

What other secrets is this Betty Crocker keeping from us :thunk:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Op, this thread is going to the goldmine, just give me the high hand sign.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
The Comedy Goldmine is about to get a hot BEEF injection!!!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

To future generations: get beefy

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Burt Sexual posted:

Op, this thread is going to the goldmine, just give me the high hand sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo