Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Roller Derby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
The Italian journo that keeps insisting that Pep to Juve is a thing is now saying that City are talking to Pochettino to be Pep's replacement. The guy is either going to be hailed as the ultimate ITK lol or ultimate clown.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

trem_two posted:

The Italian journo that keeps insisting that Pep to Juve is a thing is now saying that City are talking to Pochettino to be Pep's replacement. The guy is either going to be hailed as the ultimate ITK lol or ultimate clown.

Didnt he also say they were going after Klopp too

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
And Poch apparently

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[Juve voice] Poch my neg hole

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
not sure why Everton want to sign danny welbeck but they're trying to

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Jose posted:

not sure why Everton want to sign danny welbeck but they're trying to

No transfer fee, probably not too expensive wage wise?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Fairly sure this is BS but apparently Real will need to pay Neymar £1.2m a week to get him to sign with them....

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

CyberPingu posted:

Fairly sure this is BS but apparently Real will need to pay Neymar £1.2m a week to get him to sign with them....

Lol. Hard pass

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Lmao, that’s $80MM a year, would be the largest any sport

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Och noo they'll pay £1m a week and Neymar

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Lmao, that’s $80MM a year, would be the largest any sport

I don't know of a good clearinghouse on salaries for the European leagues, but isn't he already on like $70m a year from PSG?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

habeasdorkus posted:

I don't know of a good clearinghouse on salaries for the European leagues, but isn't he already on like $70m a year from PSG?

I’m sure a lot of his salary is offloaded to being a Dubai WC ambassador or equally obfuscated

His real PSG salary is lower to meet FFP

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Real spending insane amounts of money on Neymar instead of Mbappe is going to be funny

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Internet says Messi gets over $2mm a week these days including bonuses and whatnot.

I don't even really know if that's a reasonable amount anymore.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

i'm always confused if these numbers are net or gross. Some articles I've read say these are after tax numbers meaning Messi pockets around 50 mil a year but Barca pays out closer to 100 mil but I have no idea and it seems to differ from report to report. If it's net that's a big difference from north american sports where the pre-tax numbers are the only ones reported on.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

BWV posted:

i'm always confused if these numbers are net or gross. Some articles I've read say these are after tax numbers meaning Messi pockets around 50 mil a year but Barca pays out closer to 100 mil but I have no idea and it seems to differ from report to report. If it's net that's a big difference from north american sports where the pre-tax numbers are the only ones reported on.

Not that tax matters to Messi much anyway.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

Not that tax matters to Messi much anyway.

Only when he mishears it as "tracks"

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Marseille have apparently agreed terms with Villas-Boas for 2 years. Exciting I guess.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
How much was Ronaldo getting at Madrid?

Spending a ton of cash on Neymar would be a waste given all the other positions that need refreshing, but that has never stopped Madrid before.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

advanced statsman posted:

Marseille have apparently agreed terms with Villas-Boas for 2 years. Exciting I guess.

done now
https://mobile.twitter.com/OM_Officiel/status/1133372365801443328

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Lot of hurdles between agreeing to terms and being sold but Lukaku to Inter seems in play.

https://twitter.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1133403340652580864

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
People don't even pretend tapping up rules mean anything any more.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The chronicle spoke to his representatives who said there has been contact

https://twitter.com/ChronicleNUFC/status/1133389967265107968

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

sassassin posted:

People don't even pretend tapping up rules mean anything any more.

I read somewhere that the way it actually works is that if you go to a club to ask about a player that hasn't already agreed to join you in principle, you would be told to stop wasting their time and come back when there is something to talk about.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Myssu posted:

I read somewhere that the way it actually works is that if you go to a club to ask about a player that hasn't already agreed to join you in principle, you would be told to stop wasting their time and come back when there is something to talk about.

Yeah it's basically this. Whenever you (usually) read "have agreed terms" it means the clubs have spoken and said that, for the right price, a deal could be done.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/footballespana_/status/1133438331071664128
lol

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Cant decide which one of these id rather have in my team. (The answer is neither)

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Spurs seem willing to spunk £53m on Lo Celso from Betis to keep Poch happy. Never heard of him to be honest.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Lo Celso plays for Argentina, but so does Foyth sometimes.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Bundy posted:

Only when he mishears it as "tracks"

Lmao

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Spurs seem willing to spunk £53m on Lo Celso from Betis to keep Poch happy. Never heard of him to be honest.

Spurs fans I talk to on another site (so, almost entirely baseball fans who became football fans) really like Lo Celso. Example:

https://twitter.com/MC_of_A/status/1133370937821335552

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

habeasdorkus posted:

Spurs fans I talk to on another site (so, almost entirely baseball fans who became football fans) really like Lo Celso. Example:

https://twitter.com/MC_of_A/status/1133370937821335552

Yeah his expected shots on goal will go through the roof in Ingurland.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I remember that guy for being one of the worst blog writers I had ever seen. I think he was the original DZ SiBoT post

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Patrick Roberts from Man to Norwich City on loan is doing the rounds.

brasstassels
Oct 26, 2007

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I think there's some shenanigans with this that's loving over PSG, which is always great. Something like they loaned him to Betis last August with a €22mil option to buy, and Betis are taking that option to immediately sell him on for nearly triple that

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

brasstassels posted:

I think there's some shenanigans with this that's loving over PSG, which is always great. Something like they loaned him to Betis last August with a €22mil option to buy, and Betis are taking that option to immediately sell him on for nearly triple that

Yes that's exactly what's happening

And it's good

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

brasstassels posted:

That owns

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
*Levy looks on with grudging admiration*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Hearing something about Chilwell to Atletico for £71m which I dunno if that's even absurd anymore, numbers have lost all meaning.