Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Destiny Pool: 6 Light, 1 Dark

With the group consensus being to press on, the Gatekeeper nods and gestures towards the nearby path. "Follow this path through the forest, and you will find the bridge across the waterfall to the temple. Romund, and Malefax, await." With that, the Gatekeeper once again vanishes, and there is little left to do but press on.

Before too long, the five break through the forest to a large clearing, where above the bridge rests the temple, high up on the summit of a steep cliff on the far side of the bridge. A glimmering waterfall crashes from the temple grounds and into a deep chasm that splits the valley in two. Spanning that chasm is a tall, arched bridge of wooden beams, a sturdy-looking but primitive structure met at each end by the trail.

At the near side of the bridge stand a pair of one-horned, tan-skinned mercenaries with black eyes, wearing much more modern armor and chatting with their weapons resting against the pillars behind them. On the far side are another pair of the mercenaries, in a similar level of alertness.

The tutorial recommends we introduce destiny at this point so I just went and rolled and hey it came out moreso in your favor! Now you have to figure a way past the guards and over the bridge.

Destiny Pool: 5eF 6 Light Side, 1 Dark Side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Ozyn Killik | Wounds: 3/13 Strain: 4/13

Ozyn rubs his chin thoughtfully. Like he'd said a few minutes earlier, he wasn't in a hurry to get shot at again today. These guys were well-armed but they clearly weren't paying much attention. And if the reputation of the Sith was correct... He smirks and turns to the others.

"Alright, I've got a plan. Odds are this Malefax guy hired thugs from all over to do things for him, right? That means one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. So: me, Shade, and Rex, we're the scary looking ones. We put guns to the back of Reylon and Itahn's heads. We tell them Malefax hired us to watch the entrance to the valley in case Romund got a distress call off to any force sensitives, and what do you know, these two showed up. They'll be suspicious, but I'm guessing this guy isn't the nicest employer, so we pressure 'em to let us past immediately. Y'know, 'he ordered us to bring any intruders to him without delay, are you really going to waste his valuable time double-checking? He'll be furious." I can talk the talk, meanwhile Shade and Rex just have to look scary. I think we can bluff right past them. Worst case scenario, I think we can at least get in close before a fight starts."

Proposing some deception and/or coercion to get through here without a fight.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Shade | Wounds 12/12 Strain 12/12

Shade contemplates the bridge, then looks back at the Devaronian. She says, "Seems reasonable. Could climb down, but that's risky."

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Itahn Vakir
W: 0/11
S: 1/14
Post Sheet

It's clear that if Itahn had eyes, he would be glaring. "Must I have a gun to my head?

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

The barest trace of humor comes across in Shade's voice as she says, "Could have Rex drag you instead, if you want."

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Reylon, Wandering Sathari
Wounds: 0/10, Strain: 3/12

Force Die Committed to Seek

"It's not like they can hold a training saber to your head, Itahn. I guess we could have Rex carry you by the throat if you'd prefer? I like Ozyn's plan, all we're here for is rescuing Romund, so we should avoid fighting whenever we can." It also was nice that Reylon would be the center of attention as a hostage.

Removing the blaster from his holster, Reylon hands it over to Rex. "Here you go, big guy! Keep it set to stun, just in case, and remember to throw it back to me if things go wrong. I don't have any other weapons, and not all of us are made of muscle and scales, you know."

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Itahn Vakir
Post Sheet

"No, I can walk," Itahn says, taking a step away from Rex. "What if they all know each other? What if all the mercenaries are from the same place, the same species? Or if they've been ordered to attack anyone without question? What do we do when - not if - they figure us out in there and we have no exit? There has to be a better approach." As he says that, he realizes that any other plans are just as risky. Climbing would be a disaster if the mercenaries spot them and the bridge would leave them at a steep disadvantage if they attacked head on. "Alright. I'll agree to it if Reylon does. Just try not to point that thing right at my head."

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Rex Tol
Wounds: 0/16, Strain: 2/12
Melee Defense:0, Ranged Defense: 2

Rex takes the blaster from Reylon and takes his advice to set it to Stun. He's seen plenty of Trandoshans bring in a bounty before, so he has a general idea of what to do. "I'll try my best, if things seem to get wonky I may get a little rough to try and sell it, so I apologize in advance. I'll try to be gentle." He says with a grin that would be disarming if it wasn't so toothy.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Ozyn sets his blaster to stun and puts on his sleaziest smile, which is really saying something considering the usual expression on his face. "Alright, let's go. Keep your hands where I can see them, Jedi." He might be enjoying this a little too much.

When the group gets close enough for the mercenaries to spot them, Ozyn raises his free hand and shifts to one side of Itahn, enough for them to see the blaster he's got pressed to his ribs. "Same side, don't shoot! I wasn't expecting to see you here, so I'm guessing you're not expecting us either. Seems like a, uh, breakdown in communications. Now look, the bossman was very clear with us: he knew his guest got a call for help off, so he wanted us waiting in ambush near the entrance. If any of these Force-sensitive freaks actually showed up, he said to bring them to him alive, immediately. We caught two, as you can see. I'm not in a hurry to piss off the man in charge and I'm sure you ain't either. There's no reason for us to shoot each other just because he didn't bother filling everyone in on the big picture, right? Just let us cross the bridge and everybody walks away happy."

Ozyn lowers his head and pretends to wipe sweat off his forehead with his sleeve to conceal his mouth. He whispers to Itahn, "We haven't got much cover. If they open fire, duck right and backwards and I'll step forward the same way. I don't need getting anybody else shot on my conscience."

I figure this is a situation where RP comes before dice so I'm just going to get the ball rolling and figure that Dyne will set a difficulty once everybody gets their RP in.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Itahn Vakir
Post Sheet

It could be worse. It's still undignified and Ozyn seems to be having too much fun, but at least Itahn didn't get an unreliable slugthrower pointed at his head or dragged around by a giant lizard. He doesn't react to the guards or to Ozyn's instructions, partly due to his usual restrained demeanor and partly out of fear of ruining the act.

Remembering the last time he found himself in an awkward situation, he reaches out again with the Force. His vision dims, except for the mercenaries who glow brighter, and his companions, who shine brighter still. He studies the mercenary Ozyn addressed, hoping to gain insight. The bright glow on closer inspection becomes a swirl of shifting, flowing colors. But none of it means anything to him, like trying to read a language he didn't know existed. He stares for a few more moments, then relaxes his grip on the Force and his vision returns to normal.

Using Sense to try and read the mercenry.

Sense: 1eF 1 Dark Side

And a lot of words to describe nothing happening :v:

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Take a Boost die for being convincing, as well as a boost for each person assisting, against their Discipline.

Of one.

One difficulty die.

They have one rank in discipline.

*rolls 20 advantage and 0 successes anyways*

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

For her part, the Gank huntress simply looks as if she's done this whole song and dance thousands of times before. Shade holds her slugthrower at the ready, remaining completely silent, though she jostles Reylon and Itahn with the butt of the gun when it looks like they're not 100% committed to lamenting their life choices.

Assisting.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Ozyn Killik | Wounds: 3/13 Strain: 3/13

They were buying it. They were buying it so hard they were buying the hundred-thousand parsec guarantee and the anti-rust coating too. A weight lifts off Ozyn's shoulders and his grin becomes genuine.

"Hey, I owe you one. Thanks for keeping your heads. If I see you guys around sometime, the first round's on me. Now move it, 'blind' man!" He gives Itahn a brisk shove down the bridge.

I'm just going to assume I have 3 assist boosts from Shade, Rex, and the combined efforts of our "hostages," if it's less we can just drop the last blue dice. Spending 1 DP to upgrade my pool and using Flow for a chance to get Strain back.

Deception vs Mercenaries (+Destiny and Flow): 2eP+2eA+4eB+1eD+1eF 6 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Light Side

Crushed it. The cheat sheet suggests that Successes should extend the length of the deception so presumably these guys will go to their grave believing me. The Triumph suggestion is that they consider me a generally trustworthy person and won't even roll opposed tests against my lies in the future, but of course, these guys aren't likely to show up again. I'd settle for the Triumph effect being something like "they're so taken in that they mention something valuable to know about what's up ahead." Spending that Light Side point to recover 1 strain.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

When the group approaches, the left most mercenary smacks the right most in the chest with the back of his hand, nodding towards the group. They both look a little agitated to be distracted from their conversation, but after realizing no one in the group is wearing stinking furs and hooting, irritation turns to curiosity. "What's a Trandoshan, a Gank, and Devaronian doing on this podunk little planet?"

The pair whistle low as they hear Ozyn out, looking Reylon and Itahn over. For what it's worth, the two definitely look more the part of 'force sensitives' than any of their 'captors,' and the two Advosze nod. "That lunatic doesn't tell us anything that would help us do our drat job, you know that?" The first one shakes his head, hands on his hips. "Why tell your men you hired bounty hunters to watch for magic reinforcements for the magic professor? Surely THAT would never come up as an issue and couldn't lead to people shooting each other, right?" He chuckles at this, while his friend merely shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

"Name's Solvu, by the way. This is Bim." Bim raises a hand in greeting and grunts. "Back there are Gin and Dorm. I hope Malefax is paying you guys better than us. This place is pretty and all, but it is so dull just standing here and shooting at the idiot locals." He leans back against one of the pillars, cocking a thumb over his shoulder. "Gin and Dorm won't bug you if we let you through, but let 'em know you got Jedi. They might wanna take a picture, cause those things are supposed to be dead."

At this, he looks Reylon and Itahn over again, giving a half-grin. "I always thought Jedi were just human, and not scrawny birds and blind men. All in all, not that impressive, and I can see how they got all wiped out for trying to destroy the republic." He waves Ozyn past, clapping the Devaronian on the shoulder. "Good luck to you, buddy. Watch out for the wolves up ahead, they're going nuts over whatever it is our 'DARK LORD OF THE SITH MALEFAX' is doing." The merc gets a mocking tone in his voice when he says dark lord, his black eyes crossing as he makes a goofy face while talking. When he pulls his hand free and sees a bit of blood, he looks concerned for a moment, before digging into his belt and tossing Ozyn a med stim. "Bet one of those hunters got you, huh? That should fix you right up."

On the far end of the bridge, Gin and Dorm just give the group a curious look, and the one identifying himself as Dorm asks to get his picture taken with Reylon. "So since you're a bird Jedi, can I call you a bir-di? Ha!" Beyond that, the two are jovial and wave the group on, going back to their conversation once the excitement passes.

Ozyn has been warned about the wolves ahead, and has also gotten a free healing item!

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Itahn Vakir
Post Sheet

Itahn remains expressionless and wordless throughout the encounter. Once the group is a safe distance away from the bridge, he pushes the blaster away, but without any irritation in the movement. "I admit it, I was wrong. That worked perfectly. No, better than perfect." He's about to turn back to the road, but before he does, he turns to Ozyn and gives him a friendly shove. "But that's for all the shoving."

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Rex Tol
Wounds: 0/16, Strain: 2/12

Rex hands the blaster back to Reylon, happy to be rid of the device. "Malefax is going to rue the day he underestimated Hethan Romund. If a Sith is going to miss something, having faithful allies you can rely on would be it. Also, did that guy say wolves?"

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Ozyn Killik | Wounds: 0/13 Strain: 3/13

Ozyn laughs good-naturedly at Ithan. "Hey, I'll take all the shoves you can dish out. Nobody had to die and I--" He winces and relaxes as he jabs the stimpack into his shoulder. "Feel fine. We can take a few wolves, and then we're gonna show Malefax the error of his ways. Forcefully, I'm guessing."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Pressing onwards and upwards, the temple seems even larger as you approach Its stone arches and pillars are all crowned with snow, but a broad stone plaza before the entrance is lit by the warm spring sun. Dozing in the sunlight is a small pack of four native predators, large four-legged mammals with powerful jaws and fangs: the snow wolves.

One stirs in its slumber, jostling a second, and suddenly there's snarling, spitting, roaring, and a crunch of bone and a spray of blood. Now there are only three; clearly, these animals are driven mad by the dark side of the Force. Now Ozyn and the others understand the warning about the wolves, and the Devaronian instinctively scans the area; there was bound to be more than just the three up ahead.

Rex, meanwhile, is excited to see the wolves, and bellows out in his excitement as he rushes to pet them. Immediately the wolves shrink back, obviously unused to giant lizardmen charging them. The wolves scatter, barking and nipping at each other as they go, leaving a disappointing Trandoshan in their wake. Meanwhile, Ozyn spots another trio of wolves skulking through the snow, and takes a moment to borrow Reylon's blaster and fire a shot in their direction; the wolves also flee, startled by their attempt at stealth failing.

Reylon takes a moment to survey the surroundings, reaching out with the Force to feel for any other threats; with the wolves run off, it doesn't look like there's anything stopping them from heading up.

After several more minutes, the group finally crests the staircase carved into the side of the mountain and arrives at their destination. Approaching the main entrance of the temple, the five hear a strangled scream from within the temple, and recognize the voice: Romund, and she's still alive. Peering in, there is a small antechamber that opens to side chambers to the left and right, and widens into a large assembly hall deeper in, lit by brilliant shafts of sunlight from above.

Romund lies against a pillar with the assembly hall, a horned Advozse mercenary standing over her with a blaster. Further in, a voice shouts and screams from the chamber to the right. "Nothing!", the voice cries. "The archive is empty! Just a bunch of useless scrolls and tablets! Where is the holocron?!"

Striding into view is a red-skinned figure with two sharpened horns on his forehead, pointing a wicked looking serrated sword at Romund. The Devaronian before them must be Malefax. "Tell me where the holocron is, or I'll skin you alive!"

Waves of anger, fear, and hatred boil off of Malefax, permeating the temple; he gives a frustrated groan and suddenly turns, stalking back into the archive where a moment later there comes a sudden crash and more frustrated screaming.

No one seems to have noticed the five rag-tag padawans peering into the temple.

Rolling against three Challenge die is bad. Astus used their two despair to tell the groups to just gently caress off, and now you're at the temple and can see Malefax and Romund.

Icewolves Stealth vs Reylon Vigilance: 3eA+3eC+2eS 2 failures, 1 advantage, 2 Despair

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Ozyn Killik | Wounds: 0/13 Strain: 3/13

Ozyn inhales sharply through the corner of his mouth. "Well, they're right there. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. Look, we can't see the whole room, so for all we know there's twenty more mercenaries in there. Anybody feel up to creeping in there and trying to get eyes on the place?"

Something suddenly dawns on him and he almost snaps his fingers, looks into the cavernous echo chamber that is the Jedi Temple in front of him, and resists. "Wait, maybe the Gatekeeper knows a back way in or something. Hey, Gatekeeper, if you're listening, you've had plenty of advice for us so far. Any thoughts? You live here, or at least you used to, right?"

He glances around, hoping the spirit (?) hasn't gone off somewhere and left him talking to empty space.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Quietly, Shade says, "We should get closer before we attack. He seems... unreasonable. Likes to talk. Seen his type. Could try to sneak around while he's distracted."

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Itahn Vakir
Post Sheet

"I've never been great at sneaking," Itahn says, pulling his head back from the doorway and leaning against the wall. "Perhaps a few of us could talk to him and draw their attention while the rest deal with the guards."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

After a moment, the Gatekeeper again materializes, giving a glance towards Malefax's screaming before speaking softly.

"A very wise move, young one. As Gatekeeper and overseer of this valley, there is little that can escape my sight. As you are aware, Malefax is in the library within, and your teacher currently is in the antechamber, under watch by a single guard. A second guard is currently moving through the facility on patrol. And then there would be you five.." He smiles, before glancing back towards the sound of insolent rage, poking his head through the wall as he does so to survey the situation.

"Malefax seeks a holocron, an ancient repository of knowledge of the Force created by the Jedi. It is my holocron, and it is my responsibility to keep its knowledge from the unworthy. Malefax is clearly unworthy, and so I have hidden myself from him. You may yet be worthy, and once the temple is purged of the dark side of the Force, I may yet reveal it to you. Whatever you may plan here, know I will offer my support however I can."

The Gatekeeper vanishes as he speaks, until his voice is merely an echo in your head.

For asking for the Gatekeeper's help, you all get a boost die on either a Stealth check or an Initiative check.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Ozyn Killik | Wounds: 0/13 Strain: 4/13

"I'm gonna see if I can't get the drop on one of those guards. Probably be easier to find the one on patrol, but I'll see. I'll signal when I'm ready."

Ozyn slips into the darkness of the temple, moving carefully and quickly to avoid making echoes or spending too long in the open. Before long he's within range of the guard; he glances back and gives the others an "OK" sign.

Alright, gonna try to sneak in there and get the drop on one of the guards. I'll take +2 Strain to use another Sulfur Inhaler to get +1 Boost on Agility and Brawn checks for the rest of the encounter, then spend a Destiny point to upgrade my Stealth Check.

Stealth (+Destiny and Flow): 2eP+2eB+1eC+1eF 3 successes, 1 advantage, 1 Light Side

Flow heals 1 Strain and I'm in position for ambush. I'll spend that advantage to give whoever wants to try sneaking next a Boost.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 5, 2019

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Shade likewise slips into the shadow, though she follows the Gatekeeper's wisdom towards the guard watching over Romund instead. When the time is right, she'll take him down with overwhelming, albeit nonlethal, force.

Sneaking up on the other guard (+destiny): 1eP+3eA+1eB+1eC 2 successes, 1 advantage

I didn't use the boost above, so that's two on the table for whoever needs them.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Destiny Points: 5 Light, 2 Dark

Shade and Ozyn move quickly across the completely open antechamber, trying to keep against the side wall to keep the guard from noticing them. The Gatekeeper's voice speaks suddenly in their heads, warning them of the patrol coming their way, directly from the hallway to their left; the guard would undoubtedly see them out in the open like this, and Ozyn thinks quickly, picking up a pebble. He takes a moment to aim and chucks the rock as hard as he can around the corner the guard is coming from, hoping to distract him just long enough to make a break for better cover.

The rock bounces off of the old stone floor and careens into a side room, and a moment later the patrolman stalks into the room, his blaster raised. As he steps into the room, Ozyn and Shade hear a cheerful robotic voice come to life within the room. "Greetings, Padawan UNKNOWN ENTITY! It has been ERROR ERROR days since your last training! Oh no! Laxity in training is terrible! We will start with the basics; raise that training saber, UNKNOWN ENTITY! It's time to begin!" Before the stone door slides shut, the two can see several training remotes buzz out from the wals, and the Advosze mercenary, completely flabbergasted, gets struck in the side with a blue stun bolt. "Oh no! You've been hit! Keep that guard up, UNKNOWN ENTITY! We have ELEVEN HOURS left before you're caught back up on your FIRST lesson!"

Mercifully, the ruckus is far enough away and contained well enough that the other guard, and Malefax, fail to hear it happen. The rest of the distance is covered quickly, and the two glance to each other and nod before simply simultaneously striking the guard and sending him to the floor in a crumpled heap.

Romund shakes her head furiously as the two approach, but it's too late; they feel a physical wave of hatred and anger wash over them, staggering them momentarily and clamping down across their throats with extreme prejudice. Both the gank and the devaronian reach for their throats in surprise, gasping for air as they watch Malefax slowly emerge from the nearby library, his hand outstretched.

"Idiots! You and my guards both, IDIOTS! The Force flows through you, and you thought you could sneak up on Malefax?!" He clenches his fist tighter as he strolls forward, his teeth bared. "Tell me where the holocron is, old woman, or watch as I crush the life out of these two!"

For what it's worth, it doesn't seem like Malefax is aware of the other three yet, but the distance from the temple door to him is vast.

Shade and Ozyn rolled stealth on the second guard, and Ozyn used his triumph to just ditch the guard.

Malefax, however, sensed their approach and has ambushed them; he used Force Bind to deal damage and prevent them from acting for a turn.

Malefax uses the Dark force point to activate bind, and takes two strain to use two of the Light points to activate Control rank 1, which lets him affect one other person. Ozyn and Shade take three wounds, ignoring soak, and will miss their next turn. Speaking of which, roll initiative! Everyone but Ozyn and Shade are at Long range to Malefax currently.

Stealth again: 4eA+2eB+1eC 2 successes, 6 advantage

Stealth #2 (+Destiny +Flow): 2eP+8eB+1eC+1eF 2 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Dark Side

Malefax Bind Ozyn: 3eF 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side

Vigilance for Initiative: 2eP+1eA 1 success, 2 advantage

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Accounting post here for initiative.

Malefax Vigilance for Initiative: 2eP+1eA 1 success, 2 advantage

Reylon Vigilance: 3eP 4 successes, 1 advantage

Ozyn Vigilance Initiative: 3eA 1 success, 3 advantage

Shade Vigilance: 1eP+1eA 3 successes

Rex Vigilance check: 3eA 1 success, 2 advantage

Itahn Cool: initiative: 1eP+3eA 3 successes

INITIATIVE
1. PC
2. PC
3. PC
4. PC
5. PC
6. Malefax

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Ozyn was feeling pretty smug about how well this was going, right up until his windpipe slammed shut. Gagging and fighting the dark tunnel forming around his vision, he fumbles for his blaster, but can't figure out the safety strap through the haze of oxygen deprivation.

Getting my non-turn out of the way.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Shade | Wounds 3/12 Strain 0/12

Wordlessly, Shade grasps at her throat as well. It's not clear whether she actually needs to breathe, but it is certainly clear that she's not having the best day of her life.

Bind turn over and done with.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jun 7, 2019

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Itahn Vakir
Post Sheet

Itahn ignites his lightsaber and charges towards the struggle. As he moves closer, the air begins to feel like a furnace and he realizes he's feeling Malefax's rage through the Force. Thoughts of whether this is the best approach or if this is even a battle they could win briefly enter his head but are quickly brushed aside by a detached focus.

Using two maneuvers to move into medium range.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jun 7, 2019

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Rex Tol
Wounds: 0/16, Strain: 4/12

After seeing his friends choked, Rex panics and bolts towards Malefax as fast as he can, vaulting over the unconscious guard and dodging the rubble lying around the temple.

Suffer two strain to buy second maneuver, using both to move to within Short of Malefax

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Wounds: 0/10, Strain: 3/12

As Rex sprinted forward, Reylon awkwardly jogged alongside him for a bit before deciding to just start blasting the "dreaded" Malefax. He really was in no rush to being choked across the room, and as the only one without a melee weapon (Rex's body was his melee weapon), it'd be a pretty bad idea to get too close.

"Hey Mail Faxer, how good are you at delfecting blaster fire without a lightsaber?"

Blasting Malefax: 3eA+1eC+1eD 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Despair

Using the advantage to give Rex a boost die for covering fire, going to be very interested in how that Despair gets used!
Still, hit with my light blaster for 6 damage before soak.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Destiny Points: 5 Light, 2 Dark

It isn't until Reylon shouts out his insult to Malefax and strikes him square in the chest that the dark sided force user notices the other three coming into the combat. Malefax winces as the blaster bolt sears his skin, and he turns towards Reylon with a snarl. His response is a guttural utterance in Devaronese, and while Ozyn isn't completely up to speed on the language, he does recognize just how crass and offensive the utterance is meant to be. With his concentration broken on Ozyn and Shade, he instead thrusts his hand out towards Reylon, sending the birdman sprawling to the ground with the force.

Turning back to the two who had attempted to save Romund, Malefax points his blade towards Ozyn. "I taste the sulfur on you, and I can feel the hammering of your heart. That two of our kind would meet here, diametrically opposed as we are, is nothing short of destiny. I will defeat you, Jedi, and make you watch as I kill each and every one of these little pissants you brought with you before I finish you and claim all that is rightfully mine." He barks a maniacal laugh before lunging forward, bringing the blade around in a wide arc to slash across the still recovering Devaronian's chest.

Malefax takes 1 wound after soak. Using the despair to knock Reylon prone.

Malefax deals 8 damage before soak, and reduces soak by 2 thanks to pierce. His weapon has Crit 1, but I'm going to give him a boost rather than be nasty just yet. Back to the top of the round! He is also using his maneuver to enter a Guarded stance to add one Melee defense until his next turn.

Malefax Melee vs Ozyn: 3eP+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 1 advantage

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 7, 2019

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

Shade | Wounds 3/12 Strain 0/12

As Malefax revels in his general evil and maniacal laughter, Shade keeps cool. Calm. Controlled. Quietly padding across the temple's stone floor, she rams the unignited hilt of her training saber into the small of the devaronian's back and thumbs the trigger. The resulting taser-like shock to his spinal column isn't enough to knock him out, not by a longshot, but it is enough to send his sword skittering away across the floor. She calls out, "Now! Get the sword!"

Aimed Lightsaber (+Destiny): 2eP+2eA+1eB+1eC+1eD 1 success, 4 advantage

Dealing 7 strain before soak. Spending 3 advantage to disarm Malefax and passing a boost die forward.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 7, 2019

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Ozyn Killik | Wounds: 5/13 Strain: 6/13

Ozyn cries out in pain and stumbles backwards, dropping to one knee. He checks the new wound; another inch deeper and he would've been in serious trouble. Malefax was clearly insane, especially considering what he'd just yelled at Reylon. Ozyn jabs a stimpack next to the gash to slow the bleeding, then thumbs his lightsaber on. Malefax's sword skitters across the floor and lands at his feet. Looked like everything was still coming up Ozyn.

Seizing his moment, he snatches the Sith weapon up and lunges into the melee. He fakes a clumsy swipe with the Sith weapon, then suddenly whirls and swings his lightsaber at Malefax's neck.

Spending a maneuver to stimpack myself and taking 2 Strain for another maneuver to grab his sword. Then, spending Destiny for an upgrade and using Ebb instead of Flow on my Lightsaber check:

Lightsaber (+Destiny +Ebb): 2eP+2eA+1eB+1eC+1eD+1eF 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Dark Side

8 strain damage before soak, not going to take Conflict for Ebb. Passing 2 Boosts to the next person.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Itahn Vakir
S: 3/14
Post Sheet

Seeing the sword arc across Ozyn's chest followed by a trail of blood, Itahn's focus slips. He forces himself to move faster, closing the distance and swinging his lightsaber with both hands. Malefax turns and reaches out a hand and Itahn feels a sudden jolt in his arms as the blade stops in midair without reaching its target. He tries to pull his weapon back to strike again but his arms are locked in place.

Lightsaber: attacking Malefax: 2eP+2eA+2eB+1eC+1eD 0 successes, 6 advantage, 1 Despair

Spending 2 strain to add a maneuver to move from medium to engaged, using a destiny point to upgrade a die. Using 2 advantages to give 2 boost to the next ally, 4 advantages to give 2 setbacks to Malefax.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Rex Tol
Wounds: 0/16, Strain: 4/12

Rex continues his mad dash towards Malefax, but the prolonged sprint is starting to take a visible toll on the Trandoshan. With no time to catch his breath, Rex unleashes a series of quick strikes against his opponent. The first few appear to do little damage, but the last gets past Malefax's guard and a loud pop can be heard as Rex's gauntlet connects with the Devaronians ribcage. There is a sharp pain every time he inhales, making it difficult for the "Sith Lord" to concentrate. "Not so fun when you're the one that can't breathe, is it?

Suffer two strain to buy second maneuver, using both to move to within Engaged of Malefax. Destiny points were flipped to upgrade the check difficulty and ability.

Brawl Check vs Malefax: 3eP+1eA+2eB+2eC 1 success, 4 advantage, 1 Despair

4 Brawn + 1 Claws + 1 Shield Gauntlet + 1 Success = 7 Stun Damage before soak. Spending 2 advantages to inflict a crit and 2 to recover Strain.

Critical Injury on Malefax: 1d100 54 Fearsome Wound: +d to Presence / Willpower checks until end of encounter.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Wounds: 0/10, Strain: 5/12

That was so rude! Picking himself off the ground, a puffed-up Reylon dashes closer before firing off a stun shot at the self-proclaimed sith. The shot goes wide, and no one notices. For a moment, the Sathari wonders if his presence in this fight even matters...

Spending a maneuver to stand up, then taking 2 strain to move to short range so I can stun blaster Malefax. Going to flip a destiny point to upgrade my check once.
Shoot to Stun Malefax: 1eP+2eA+1eC+1eD 0 successes

Literally nothing happens.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Destiny Points: 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side

Malefax's face contorts into a mask of rage as his sword is taken from him, and he is battered back and forth by the training sabers, but it's when Rex strikes him and mocks him that the sith finally loses his cool. He screams out long and hard before throwing his arms outwards; for a fleeting moment, the room darkens, all before arcs of lightning lance out from the Devaronian's body, striking all five of the padawans square in the chest.

The bolt that strikes Rex hits the hardest, and the trandoshan sails back a considerable distance before landing square on his back and skidding to a halt. Malefax stands, his breathing hoarse and bubbly and blood trickling from his mouth as he raises his fists. "Do you feel it now? The true power of the Dark Side of the Force? Ha.." He staggers, a look of surprise on his face before he simply groans and collapses to the ground.

All is still and quiet for a moment as all eyes are on the prone form of Malefax, but even after a ten count, he does not move. Romund heaves a massive sigh of relief, reminding everyone she still exists in the room. It seems that the sith has been finally defeated.

So after soak, Malefax took 10 strain. With the stun damage from Reylon earlier, the single threat he rolled was enough to push him to his threshold. The two despair were used to knock Rex prone and also knock him back a movement band.

However, before passing out, he used the dark power, Unleash, which dealt 5 damage ignoring soak to everyone within Short range of him. Unleash required a 2D Discipline roll (upgraded to 3 due to critical hit) and required at least 2 force to use. He rolled 3, and used the third pip to increase damage by one.

Combat is over!

Malefax Unleash Check: 3eP+1eA+3eF+3eD 2 successes, 1 threat, 3 Dark Side

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 9, 2019

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Ozyn Killik | Wounds: 10/13 Strain: 3/13

Ozyn groans and gets up unsteadily, replacing his lightsaber with a set of binders and unceremoniously dropping the Sith sword. He starts limping toward Malefax, shaking his head and grunting every time he discovers a new place on his body that hurts.

"This has NOT been a great day. Shot, choked, electrified... Romund, Gatekeeper if you're around: what should we do with this guy? Is he gonna just slip out of these cuffs in 2 seconds?"

e: Strain Recovery: 3eA+1eF 3 successes, 1 Dark Side

Recovered 3 Strain.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jun 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Itahn Vakir
W: 5/11
S: 0/14
Post Sheet

Itahn brushes himself off with a hand shaky enough that it looks like he's just swiping at himself. He walks over to the collapsed enemy and nudges him with his foot. "So that's the Dark Side. That's a bit disappointing. I don't see what's so impressive about knocking himself out."

Cool: recovering strain: 1eP+3eA 3 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph