Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
its acceptable for writing tiny little lovely scripts. its bad for anything bigger than a single file. use a statically typed language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Stereotype posted:

python is deterministically typed so if you don't know what type something is it is because you hosed up, which isn't python's fault.

yes, that's correct. I gently caress up all the time, because I'm an idiot. in a statically typed language the compiler helps me to gently caress up less. me loving up is not python's fault, nevertheless I fault python for not providing that safety net.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Shaggar posted:

python, like all p-langs, is bad and should be avoided in favor of better languages like c# or java.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
once i thought that python was good, but now i have seen the truth and i know that shaggar was right

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

echinopsis posted:

this doesn’t make sense

c# is so hard and i’ve never even heard of java sounds like bullshit

if blowing rear end is an english term for eating rear end, much like a blowjob doesn’t involve blowing, well then yes python blows delicious spread open rear end 👅🍑

this sounds like a made up problem

picturing this dude with a keyboard with everything twice the size including the keys so he doesn’t get the mashed keypad effect

the gimbal lock of programming. irrelevant in 99% of cases

oic. youre the tiny bug child of python.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Skim Milk posted:

it's me, the colossal idiot adding type hints to my code as though my coworkers even know what mypy is

yeah idk what the point of adding that poo poo to python is. if you find yourself wanting that, it is a sign that you need to switch to a statically typed language yesterday.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

Origin posted:

i'm using python 3 right now for a data analysis project and it works very well for me. it is at least better than the excel disasterscapes i've seen in the past.

this mcdonalds burger is considerably tastier than the bucket full of pig poo poo i ate last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
latest opinion re: Python: It is still Bad