Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

if you're including C code in your python you're already outside the good use case for python

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Shaggar posted:

ruby is also a plang

dont forget powershell

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

pram posted:

this is called 'system administrator' jfyi

Turnquiet posted:

since i'm a computer toucher i will admit that i am dumb and bad and a drain on society, but what i do deffo isn't system administration

I am and you described my job to a t

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

except I am even stupider and usually
use ruby since you can just shoehorn bash commands in inline with back ticks :D

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

animist posted:

life is mostly pain and that is also true of coding

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Soricidus posted:

go isn’t a plang. one of the criteria is that you can just run a line or two of code any time, no compiler no files. go doesn’t even have a repl lol

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Skim Milk posted:

alternatively,,

bump this htread everyytime python is fine but there are better options if you need to build something that matters

"second best language for everything"

truly the cyclocross bike of programming langs