Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

python blows rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

the python type system has the downsides of both compiled langs like rust and interpreted langs like javascript, but without the upsides of knowing your type errors a few seconds after youve written them or just ATVing over them and hoping for the best

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

wrong, rust is the bee's knees for that with thunderclap

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

supabump posted:

i tell everyone im into hiking but really i just go home and drink and play videogames

im pretty sure its a west coast thing

wow same

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

ya, error codes!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

robocod

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

pipenv works fine on windows

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

so does pycharm

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

pointsofdata posted:

i found pipenv very painful on windows but that's true of all the venv managers so maybe it's still the best idk. All of them are dramatically less pleasant to use than dotnet cli tools

what did you do wrong? like i despise python and hated all of the tools in the ecosystem until pipenv and pipenv has been basically fine. its not quite as pleasant as cargo but it works nearly the same way from a ui perspective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

power botton posted:

all languages are impossible to make clean and coherent programs in