Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the python advocate at my job is an enormously obese slob so thats what i associate all python users with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
deploying any interpreted lang code is always gross. if it doesnt come in a binary or jvm then lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
just ship the entire interpreter with your application! :buddy:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
shagger means perl php and python which were all popular interpreted langs on linux

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Turnquiet posted:

i’m less a programmer and more an engineer/architect who dives into technologies just far enough to accomplish my overarching objective so python is cool and good for me to shittly write those things for the one-off tasks i need when my equally lovely bash skills can’t do it.

it’s good op

this is called 'system administrator' jfyi

pram
Jun 10, 2001
no its bad

pram
Jun 10, 2001
atom is garbage use vscode

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes its a first party extension too

https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/languages/python

pram
Jun 10, 2001
nice not reaching at all

pram
Jun 10, 2001
he means virtualenv has separate dependencies from site-packages or anything else reasonably controlled by the os package manager so now you have multiple copies of mystery libraries that will never get patched

pram
Jun 10, 2001
using python on windows sounds even grosser than usual

pram
Jun 10, 2001
im sorry op but your programming language is a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
guess what language doesnt have semicolons

thats right. go