Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

I bet it was bloody JBB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Just waiting for Captain Te/Spiteski to weigh in before anything continues.

Also Foolster brought up water. In my experience it varies from group to group if they want to simulate and track water use. Some groups find the extra work really boring but other players live for that kind of simulation. I don't even think the game has rules for it, but the example given for dysentery shows the character Monk refilling his canteen from a bad water source. But canteens aren't even in the equipment list lol. The only extra work it would really require though is boiling some water every morning, and even that could be hand waved as something you do each morning sort of "off screen" as it were.

As for the IV fluids the doctors kits all have 10 each I would assume, since it says it has everything needed for surgery and 10 of each "drug" so that seems fair.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Just got back from a mix of writing work and vacation. Will catch up to things in the next day or two.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Mors Rattus posted:

Just got back from a mix of writing work and vacation. Will catch up to things in the next day or two.

Cool to have you back! You've only missed about six hours of in-game time, and you've come back just in time to help some people who could really use it.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Sorry I'm laid up with strep throat and a lead brick sitting on my head. Can't really focus for long sorry. Got docs this avo, and should be able to post after that. Otherwise just NPC Te for a couple posts to keep it moving and I'll come back in

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Spiteski posted:

Sorry I'm laid up with strep throat and a lead brick sitting on my head. Can't really focus for long sorry. Got docs this avo, and should be able to post after that. Otherwise just NPC Te for a couple posts to keep it moving and I'll come back in

Oh no worries, sorry to hear that. We've all been there, last time I got a resp. infection I took so much cough medicine I passed out trying to get the mail, I definitely wouldn't have been up for roleplaying lol.

I'll NPC the Captain and get things rolling in a few hours

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I just wanted to say sorry for taking so long with that one, and...

I'm still loving this. When I saw it was updated with Team 1 and Team 2 I was overjoyed

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Is the Peacekeeper's gun HW or CRM?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hypnobeard posted:

Is the Peacekeeper's gun HW or CRM?

That would be CRM. Rockets/Missiles are HW, grenade launchers use whichever is higher.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Spiteski is clear to post again in case that wasn't understood, if you need a little help with what to do next I have some suggestions too.

Once Spit posts the ball will start rolling again

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Well I guess I'll just keep going as the captain for a bit tonight, lol. New post tonight.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Sorry I have been here, I was just waiting for the outcome of Smith opening the door as there wasn't anything after that lockpick check so didn't have anything to add currently.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

:negative: Im an idiot, new post up. Sorry about that :suicide:

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
Time for me to make 9 lockpick checks? :D

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Foolster41 posted:

Time for me to make 9 lockpick checks? :D

16 lockers and the 1 cabinet in The Boss's room actually come to 17 checks lol.

The 16 lockers are locked with standard combination padlocks, the kind you'd see on highschool lockers. Smith can crack these easily, but will still be rolled for on the off chance of critical failures.

The lock on the cabinet in The Boss's room is a more difficult lock.

If Smith hurries he can do all of them in an hour

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Will be at LARP event over weekend, assume Jackson is competently supporting Riley's endeavours.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Sorry about the gap, was without unexpectedly without internet for a few days but it's all good now, will continue the game tonight.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Finally got a platinum forums account, so now you can PM me if you have any questions or whatever

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

If JcDent is still busy by tomorrow morning I'll just NPC him a bit through the combat and we'll get things moving again

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

So there's the question of what to do with all the netdead PCs who are being NPC'd.

I was thinking we could make East Palatka our base of operations. It's not ideally situated but then we could "adventure" with the active players and assume the inactive players are back at base doing useful things like teaching the civvies how to farm, defend themselves, accept the legitimacy of milgov lol. It would also be a good place to store a lot of our poo poo, so we aren't carrying around an entire village worth of poo poo everywhere. Maybe/probably leave one of our trucks behind.

(Assuming events unfold such that all this is possible.)

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Seems reasonable to me, though hopefully we can figure out some long distance comms.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

We could amble across Florida slowly, making a string of communities in our wake, and then scramble back to the rendezvous at the end of the month high-fiving all our new allies as we go past as they cover our exit.

Our greatest asset could literally be the friends we made along the way.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Since Spiteski is busy I was thinking he would stay behind with Cohen and Rockopolis to guard the new village/possible fueling point. You can leave them a couple of motorcycles plus some fuel/ammunition to conduct missions if those players ever want to come back and play again.

And if that happened then Captain Te would have to appoint someone else "Acting Captain" while he stays behind, and if no one else wants it I was thinking of giving it to Hypnobeards character, Lt Cheek.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I think I forgot to mention I'm moving this weekend, so if I'm away too long just NPC me. Smith aims and shoots if he thinks he has a fair chance of hitting an enemy (doesn't waste time trying to fire through narrow slots and/or longer than effective range of weapon distances )

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Sorry if you did mention it and I missed it, that would be very typical of me. I'll move the combat along when I get home tonight

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Hey all, got sick and can barely function so I'm gonna wait a day or two for it to clear up before continuing. Sorry for the delay!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Should have rolled to avoid dysentery :colbert:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I'm on antibiotics and my brain is coming back to me, I've spent the last few days watching King of the Hill and consuming cough syrup but I'll probably be able to post by tomorrow if not tonight.

If anyone's lost interest let me know, I know I'm not great at running online games so I promise I won't take it personally lol

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

PinheadSlim posted:

I'm on antibiotics and my brain is coming back to me, I've spent the last few days watching King of the Hill and consuming cough syrup but I'll probably be able to post by tomorrow if not tonight.

If anyone's lost interest let me know, I know I'm not great at running online games so I promise I won't take it personally lol

Welcome back. Seems like cough syrup and cartoons are perfect for embodying Florida, so it's all good.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Hypnobeard posted:

Welcome back. Seems like cough syrup and cartoons are perfect for embodying Florida, so it's all good.

He still hasn't fought a cop naked tho

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

JcDent posted:

He still hasn't fought a cop naked tho

I did accidentally take too much cough syrup and passed out while attempting to do the dishes, so that was hilarious. Working on the next post right now.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I got my internet up and running at my new place (actually a few days ago, but I've been lurking because it didn't seem like there was anything in particular for Smith to do really, and I've been busier than usual with work this week.). I'm going to a convention this weekend, but I'll check back Monday.

Since Smith isn't much of a greese monkey it seems his main agenda would be to check out the computer systems (though it looks like he gave the computer to Kakson, I mean Jackson. :P) , and generally assist in the logistics of setting things up for civies in the fort.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Foolster41 posted:

I got my internet up and running at my new place (actually a few days ago, but I've been lurking because it didn't seem like there was anything in particular for Smith to do really, and I've been busier than usual with work this week.). I'm going to a convention this weekend, but I'll check back Monday.

Since Smith isn't much of a greese monkey it seems his main agenda would be to check out the computer systems (though it looks like he gave the computer to Kakson, I mean Jackson. :P) , and generally assist in the logistics of setting things up for civies in the fort.

I only handed off the computer to Jackson to keep it in the hands of an active player, I don't want to NPC the fun parts if I can help it! Still sorry though, but perhaps once it's turned on they'll still need a computer expert :cheeky:

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Feel free to have Smith come over and take the lead on cracking the thing, I'm just wanting to get the intel off it before the big interrogation. :)

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Sorry for being slow, I'm just having trouble not balking at walls of text!

Also, I forgot/never learned how the rolls in this game happen. Roll under target number/skill?

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

JcDent posted:

Sorry for being slow, I'm just having trouble not balking at walls of text!

Also, I forgot/never learned how the rolls in this game happen. Roll under target number/skill?

You can just stick to the text under where I quoted you, I try to keep everything that happens to each player there. If you don't read the rest of it you should still be fine! But I will try to keep it a bit more trim in the future, and highlight important parts that all players need to know.

And it's roll under. Easy tasks are double your skill, and hard tasks are half your skill. The rules also let me as the GM modify these depending on the circumstances.

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Aug 21, 2019

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

I didn't want to just grab the computer back from Jackson after I just gave it to him without a good reason (came up with some new idea). It sounds like we don't have power, so I'm fine with waiting on that I guess for now. I'm not sure what there is for Smith to do in the meantime. If someone has ideas of how he can help out, just tell him to do it. :P

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Sorry about the sad update, but my family situation is kind of imploding right now and I don't think I'll be able to continue the game any more. It's oddly relevant to the games theme though, I just found out that most of my mothers side of the family including herself are anti-semites. This is extra rough because I've been with the same Jewish person for over ten years. I don't know what else to say except this really sucks and I'm sorry. I don't think I'll be doing anything online for a while but if I do I hope to see you all around Something Awful again.

Thanks for all your effort and interesting characters, I'm sorry that I can't keep up anymore.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Sorry to hear that that's been going on with your family, but thanks for all your effort GMing and for introducing us to a weirdly mostly-forgotten system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

No worries. Love your partner and consider who's going to still be in your life and who isn't and take care of yourself.