Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The existence of this game and theMcD's willingness to LP it makes so many things about the Super-League make more sense to me now

The Super-League still doesn't make sense to me but name him Eri Yoshida anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TheMcD posted:

I suppose if you spend enough time doing something, it will begin to seem meaningful...even if it is a poorly written computer game.

This feels like an attack against me.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I think now, for the first time, I understand Smasher's portrayal of THE MACHINE in the Super League.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I just assume the ending is going to be the Macho Men winning the world series and then the game loops back to the beginning, challenging you to beat the Macho Men this time (which is of course impossible).

If you pick "gently caress that" then the game closes.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Back when FF6 first came out, there was a rumor that you could resurrect General Leo by doing something in the dinosaur forest. It didn't pan out there, but I guess it'll work in this game.

Apropos of nothing, how many people are familiar with Elephantgun's Let's Break of FF6?

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Howard and Nester also appear in the original Dragon Warrior, so it may have just been lifted from the game and not intentional.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I learned more about baseball in this LP than I did in three seasons of the Super League. So, thanks for that.

On the other hand, I attribute all my success in the Super League to willful ignorance and not making lineup changes. So, in the words of Bobson, gently caress that.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

tomanton posted:

That could be fun. Until actual entries come in I will lead off (ha ha) with the goon field trip I was part of to ULTIMATE BASEBALL ONLINE 2007, which I realized happened every bit of ten years ago wow am I old.

Everyone had to agree not to steal bases because it would soft crash the game and leave you with nothing to do except yell at the runner until you closed your game. The infielders could also crowd home plate so that not only was it impossible to see pitches coming but any line drive was caught instantly. Good times!

Oh man I remember that game. I had a pitcher who pitched so slowly that nobody could hit the ball, and I suspect it was because of some timeout function that was to prevent late swings.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Please forgive any audio issues with this, I obviously didn't prep it very much. They'll be worked out for the actual LP.

Let's Preview MLB The Show 07

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TheMcD posted:

Oh jeez. That kinda put me on the spot, didn't it. Well, I'm down. Especially if I don't have to do any work beyond "talk about baseball". You do however know that I'll essentially have to disqualify you for the contest since it'll otherwise be seen as favoritism for me to award something that I will be directly involved in.

Didn't mean to put you on the spot, sorry. Besides, it'll be who knows how long before I get proper internet back. Months at least.