Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Good Evening.

I haven't seen it yet (oh but I will), but I wanted to make a thread because it is apparently very hype. Hope everyone enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
That poo poo was dope!

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's not often there's a movie where the violence is surprising enough that you hear a few OH poo poo!s ripple through the audience.

Thinking of you, jumbo Russian dude and eye man.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

not caring here posted:

Thinking of you, jumbo Russian dude

I'm guessing you mean Ernest at the very start? Boban Marjanovic just kind of rules in general.

He can also dunk without leaving the ground.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's him.

I don't follow basketball though so had absolutely no idea who he is.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Saw it last night. poo poo ruled.

Now that both Laurence Fishburne and Keanu are alive and pissed, it's time for Neo and Morpheus to team up again.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Carrie Anne Moss to be on the High Table please.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Just saw it and was really good.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The end being a video game scenario owned, complete with Charon giving John a genuine power up :haw:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
John wick 4 confirmed for may 2021

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Holy gently caress just saw it and that was amazing. Favorite part was Halle Berry's dick biting war dogs.

Also John is now permanently throwing the shocker. :haw:

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

I was kind of bugged that Halle Berry did her piece and was never mentioned again, but that's probably because she's been my celebrity crush forever. It makes narrative sense, since she resented his presence and everything that meant from the get go.

"He shot my dog!"
"Trust me, I get it."

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Suntan Boy posted:

I was kind of bugged that Halle Berry did her piece and was never mentioned again, but that's probably because she's been my celebrity crush forever. It makes narrative sense, since she resented his presence and everything that meant from the get go.

"He shot my dog!"
"Trust me, I get it."

I love it. The high Table dude in Casablanca being the worst dick. Magnificent creepy vibes of him petting the dog... sinisterly giving off creep vibes. Every High Table representative is an entitled dick who can't hang. poo poo, all they do is roll up to assassin's and tell them to kill their brother.

gently caress them. Now that the hotels are at war with the high tables, Halle should have shot that dude... More I mean.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Carrie Anne Moss to be on the High Table please.

There is absolutely no way she will not be in this franchise.

Also it's a goddamned shame that Halle Berry apparently forgot how to act.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Saw this last night. What a kick rear end movie.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I saw it and... that was Halle Berry? Wow, did not make the connection. Was probably just distracted by all the cute crotch murderin' dogs.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I want to bulletproof all my pets now

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Finally got around to seeing it. I love how the entire world essentially works on GTA rules for NPCs. Sometimes they run, but mostly they ignore bodies and gunfire.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Counterpoint: New York.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Avoided this thread until now. Glad I did. Some thoughts:

I liked this one better than 2

Heckin good doggos: they protecc, they attacc, they bite bad guys on the sacc, 19/10 for both

Clearly the screenwriters had been playing The Division with their bullet sponge mooks at the end

Laurence Fishburne and Keanu Reeves, armed to the teeth and up against a shadowy cabal of well dressed gun fighters. Seems like a novel concept!

All in all, a really fun movie and I’ll be back to see the 4th in theaters!

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bron finally got his castle, apparently. I loving loved this movie.

I could not stop laughing at the dogs constantly crotch-biting.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Professor Bling posted:

Bron finally got his castle, apparently. I loving loved this movie.

I could not stop laughing at the dogs constantly crotch-biting.

The pups just tug, tug, tug, tug.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

GD_American posted:

There is absolutely no way she will not be in this franchise.

Also it's a goddamned shame that Halle Berry apparently forgot how to act.

Finally saw this and this is completely accurate. Holy hell.

Also good lord, eyeball guy :barf:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
John Wick must be deaf as hell by now.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Finally watched it!!!! That was a whoooooole lotta killin.

"Armor upgrades huh?"

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
From the “make movies less violent” thread

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The problem with keeping the series going is wick gets more and more ridiculously strong and it really just defies belief that theon and co could get the drop on him to begin with

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

He was only a lvl 1 ex assassin then

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Milo and POTUS posted:

The problem with keeping the series going is wick gets more and more ridiculously strong and it really just defies belief that theon and co could get the drop on him to begin with

John Wick is a reincarnated japanese depressed 30 year old office worker that got run over by a truck.

John Wick is an Isekai

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Milo and POTUS posted:

Sir, have you ever played a table top RPG? Or a video game?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

I really liked the first one because Wick shot mother fuckers in the head. It was his thing. He didn't have to really grapple or go hand to hand until the very end, and a little bit with Perkins. I really thought that was great because so many action movies now have the heroes great at everything, and John Wick just shot people.

Now John Wick shoots people, punches people, throws axes through people's heads, kicks people with horses... It's exactly like you said, he just gets more and more ridiculously strong.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

From what I understand, they literally gave him powerups in the third one to defeat some super bad guys. Am I so out of touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Milo and POTUS posted:

From what I understand, they literally gave him powerups in the third one to defeat some super bad guys. Am I so out of touch

Yeah they did. But God drat that shopping scene was S E X Y