Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
every number of figgies is a fucktard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jimmy Carter posted:

the nine figgie fucktard font: B612.

been codin in the mono version of this. don't think its super legible but it looks nice

AtomD fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jul 15, 2019

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Jimmy Carter posted:

back to fonts:

very six figgie move is having enough spare time to partner with the National Parks Service to make a font

https://nationalparktypeface.com

This is not Clarendon, very misleading!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

shame on an IGA posted:

This is not Brody, very misleading!

I know it's hand lettered and not a font at all

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Sham bam bamina! posted:

you didn't click did you

I’m trapped on these forums like the lawnmower man

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Jimmy Carter posted:

back to fonts:

very six figgie move is having enough spare time to partner with the National Parks Service to make a font

https://nationalparktypeface.com

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

the most punk diy font

https://www.pissjar.com

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

going to change my pycharm font from comic sans to piss sans

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
it's not sans. every splatter is a serif.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

wow nice gatekeeping

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

they're both 3 in utf-8.

switch to MacRoman

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
that font they use at the bottom of movie posters. so u can fit as much email/code on ur screen as possible

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

every number of figgies is a fucktard

correct

there are no ethical figgies under capitalism

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Oooh look at that killer font instruction

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
STAh ThEK

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

akadajet posted:

whatever this is

is this real

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

what's the hex poo poo at the bottom

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Gentle Autist posted:

what's the hex poo poo at the bottom

pgp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I actually desperately want to use this, but it appears that that's actually the stylistic set of avant garde, which requires some open type fuckery to use.. as in it seems that there isn't a basic font file that looks like that. drat it it gently caress

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Gentle Autist posted:

is this real

as real as you or me

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

echinopsis posted:

I actually desperately want to use this, but it appears that that's actually the stylistic set of avant garde, which requires some open type fuckery to use.. as in it seems that there isn't a basic font file that looks like that. drat it it gently caress

just do it yourself, that’s a super simple look to copy, it’s just right angles, circles and exactly one angle

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
why would you want to use the avengers typeface anyway?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
passion

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

just do it yourself, that’s a super simple look to copy, it’s just right angles, circles and exactly one angle

year and years ago I used to use some
signwritinf software calle CASMate and I was like fuckin yngwie malmsteen when it came
to working those vectors

every single program I’ve used since, like illustrator? gently caress it’s been so much harder

the ease at which I could construct and edit vectors, fundamentally flexible snapping tools and CAD like ability to type in instructions

it was glorious

I struggle to do the same in blender. I should
probably watch a tutorial.. but so many tutorials have a person who talks sooonslowly

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

thats what the "play this video at 1.5x" button is for

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

echinopsis posted:

year and years ago I used to use some
signwritinf software calle CASMate and I was like fuckin yngwie malmsteen when it came
to working those vectors

every single program I’ve used since, like illustrator? gently caress it’s been so much harder

the ease at which I could construct and edit vectors, fundamentally flexible snapping tools and CAD like ability to type in instructions

it was glorious

I struggle to do the same in blender. I should
probably watch a tutorial.. but so many tutorials have a person who talks sooonslowly

Dehumanize yourself and face to AutoCAD.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

illustrator is the correct way to manipulate vectors. maybe try affinity? it’s cheap and has a free demo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
inkscape =D

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mah creative suite:

GIMP (epic... just epic)
INKSCAPE (Mega Ownage for making cool gfx & logos...)
AUDACITY (Pimp filters... ESP the NOISE REMOVAL filter.. WIN TIER!!)
KDENLIVE (sucks dog poo poo... holy gently caress!!)
LIBRE OFFICE (Pro Desktop Publishing steez...)
:dukedoge:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
wheres blender

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Smythe posted:

mah creative suite:

GIMP (epic... just epic)
INKSCAPE (Mega Ownage for making cool gfx & logos...)
AUDACITY (Pimp filters... ESP the NOISE REMOVAL filter.. WIN TIER!!)
KDENLIVE (sucks dog poo poo... holy gently caress!!)
LIBRE OFFICE (Pro Desktop Publishing steez...)
:dukedoge:

pure. pwnage.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

audacity is one of the least intuitive audio programs i have ever used, and ive used a bunch of stupid rear end skewmorphic propellerhead poo poo

once you figure out what it wants you to do, its ok, but base controls and widgets are terrrrible

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

illustrator is the correct way to manipulate vectors. maybe try affinity? it’s cheap and has a free demo

oh yep I got affinity paint or photo or whatever it’s called and I like it a lot

illustrator is mostly ok except it feels like cad style snapping and coord entry is tacked on an awkward

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just get that crack program that will bust out all the adobe cloud apps as long as you unhook your ethernet cable during install, jesus, what are you cheap rear end nerds doing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

im trying affinity because i just dont want to give adobe money for a sub and i do very little freelance work now, not enough to justify the monthly cost at least (and the work machine has cc 2018)

it's nice, can do quite a bit, but relearning the tools is aggravatingly slow and im too stubborn to watch a video on how to do layering and manage filters and alpha channels and poo poo after over 20 years of wrangling photoshop and illustrator

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

just get that crack program that will bust out all the adobe cloud apps as long as you unhook your ethernet cable during install, jesus, what are you cheap rear end nerds doing

relearning basic things to deny a corporation $20 is my self-flagellation hobby

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

wheres blender

too hard to use sorry idk how it works

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

adobert clod run on LINUX? hmmmmm ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Share Bear posted:

audacity is one of the least intuitive audio programs i have ever used, and ive used a bunch of stupid rear end skewmorphic propellerhead poo poo

once you figure out what it wants you to do, its ok, but base controls and widgets are terrrrible
audacity practically reads your mind compared to the goddamn gimp