Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Money in the Bank was...
This poll is closed.
A great show! 5 3.38%
Pretty good 12 8.11%
Eh. 33 22.30%
It was bad. 39 26.35%
Let's hear it for the crowd, they ruled. 59 39.86%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Vince on the Becky doco agreeing with her that she's The Man now was pretty great. It was a good show.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Considering why it was considered a killer finisher in Japan, I'm ok with it not having the same mystique in WWE

It was an example of taking something unfortunate and making it work as a dramatic thing: the move is safe as any other when the guy taking it does what they are supposed to do, but they'd established to the audience it was deadly and they played that up.

This is something WWE used to do quite well, along with that other basic thing of focusing on a wrestler's strengths and hiding their weaknesses, and it's weird that they don't really do it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Considering why it was considered a killer finisher in Japan, I'm ok with it not having the same mystique in WWE

using someones legitimate injury to establish a wrestler as a super threat has been done in wrestling for decades.

when Stan Hansen broke Sammartino's neck with a botched slam Vince Sr. didn't have him come out and apologize like they had KENTA do when he broke that dudes nose, he booked him as a dude who could end anyone at anytime with one lariat and made himself, Stan, and other promoters a lot of money.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This loving lovely WWE Network app...

Long story short. Watched the first part of the PPV, stopped to watch Game of Thrones, go back to WWE Network app and did “Continue Playing”. It didn’t resume where I paused, but started at the end copyright of the show with the men’s MITB winner holding the briefcase.

Well... thanks for spoiling the PPV for something that I actually didn’t see coming you lovely loving a Roku app

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Astro7x posted:

This loving lovely WWE Network app...

Long story short. Watched the first part of the PPV, stopped to watch Game of Thrones, go back to WWE Network app and did “Continue Playing”. It didn’t resume where I paused, but started at the end copyright of the show with the men’s MITB winner holding the briefcase.

Well... thanks for spoiling the PPV for something that I actually didn’t see coming you lovely loving a Roku app

It did you a favor don’t be mad

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I actually think Brock is going to cash in (pre-announced) for the KSA show. For those saying he already had a shot, no he didn't. Not only have they done away with auto rematches some time ago and stuck to that almost completely, when Seth beat Brock they made it a point to establish that management was in kayfabe telling him to gently caress off for a while.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm loving done with WWE. Bring on AEW.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Brock, still the coolest and smartest man in wrestling.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Kirios posted:

I'm done with AEW too, waiting on the next one.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
imagine killing yourself in a ladder match for nothing

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

I'm also hype for this but loving yikes at paying $50 for a wrestling show in 2019 with (as far as I can tell) no archive access.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Brock should come out Monday with the briefcase open it and somehow the universal title is in it and now he’s the champ

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I actually think Brock is going to cash in (pre-announced) for the KSA show. For those saying he already had a shot, no he didn't. Not only have they done away with auto rematches some time ago and stuck to that almost completely, when Seth beat Brock they made it a point to establish that management was in kayfabe telling him to gently caress off for a while.

It'd be nice if we actually get a full Brock vs. Seth match this time.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

KungFu Grip posted:

It's not nothing if you're the newest member of the roster you also get to carry the coolers and set up a common area for the other wrestlers it's a lil thing called respect for the business

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Brock's 3 minute run-in made him more money than anyone else on the roster will make all year, as they spend 300 days on the road destroying their bodies and brains. And gives him the opportunity to make that same payday whenever he wants all the way to Mania, again.

Just horrendous.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Hey guys I'm on vacation in Creston BC and it's amazing and gorgeous and I wish you all could come here and relax

Edit:

Lmao wwe

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
And just to put the cherry on top of this poo poo sundae

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1130302359882440705?s=19

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1130304864251129857?s=19

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If it makes you feel any better, if Ali is injured and has to take time off, they'll add that time off onto his contract at some unspecified later time!

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Lmao loving alcoholic dad bod Jericho just loving owning life

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I don't want him to be champion again, but I do endorse his,"Get the most money possible from Vince for the least amount of work I can get away with" policy.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Do it ironically posted:

Lmao loving alcoholic dad bod Jericho just loving owning life

We can all be so lucky

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Brokenogre posted:

You know thinking about it you remember moments like the beer bath or Austin throwing the ic strap into the river. And you remember teams like DX or the horsemen but watching some old wrestling recently it's never been consistently good try watching an old raw and its 90% garbage anything before nitro came around was like 3 squash matches and a promo, you will occasionally get like a wrestlemania X where it's a good show all around but most nights you get a king of the ring 95 where you just wanna bash your face into the wall. At least that's how it is for WWE for every Austin vs Bret or sting vs flair you get 5 David Arquette's winning the title or mable winning king of the ring.

This is something that really hit me a while back when someone mentioned the Austin "Jesus pop" when he came back during Rock/Mankind, and I looked up that Raw to watch the whole thing.

Don't do that unless you want to ruin your good memories. You know why the crowd exploded for Austin? It certainly wasn't because it was a surprise. Shawn Michaels opens the show as Commissioner by announcing that he has a STONE COLD SURPRISE for the Rock during his title defense. Thanks to this, Lawler is at his most obnoxious the entire episode, repeating "Shawn Michaels said he had a Stone Cold Surprise for the Rock! What do you think he meant by Stone Cold Surprise? What could the Stone Cold Surprise be?" literally every ten minutes over the top of every match.

Not that any important commentary was affected. The whole reason the crowd blew up for Austin was because they'd been sitting through two hours of "Corporation" promos and garbage matches. The card featured such five-star spectacles as Godfather/Test, Mark Henry/Goldust, Ken Shamrock/Steve Blackman, and a special handicap match between Kane and Brisco and Patterson, which was brought on because Brisco and Patterson had been sticking signs on Kane's back and making funny faces at him when he wasn't looking. Shane McMahon was guest ref for this, because why not.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
At least Mauro will always own in every sport

https://twitter.com/RealLifeKaz/status/1130080004342263810

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

And just to put the cherry on top of this poo poo sundae

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1130302359882440705?s=19
Ali is OJ in Naked Gun.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

God drat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There was no knockout, everything is fine :ussr:
_____________________________\

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The crowd cheered for this line.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
It just struck me, was this the first time Elias got to finish one of his songs without being interrupted? It's certainly the first time I've seen, at least.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blaise330 posted:

tbf he won when the men got 2 MitB matches so they could afford to give one away.

Honestly they need to bring back there being separate MitB matches for Raw and Smackdown

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
So what do we think the new title is going to be? Women's IC title? Hardcore title? Elite title (because you KNOW the that petty)? Jamaal Khashoggi memorial title?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
trios

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
If you aren't watching the WWE Watch Alongs during the PPV's, you're missing out. Liv Morgan was fantastic all PPV.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the spinning brahma skull belt

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Chris Benoit...big ups!!! Figure four your oppponsents in haven and never let up!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly they need to bring back there being separate MitB matches for Raw and Smackdown

Don't stop there. Additional matches for each Women's division, one for the cruiserweights (on the pre-show, naturally), and why not throw in some more for the tag teams? Make the MITB PPV consist entirely of MITB matches, like when Survivor Series was all Survivor Series matches.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

DM Punk posted:

If you aren't watching the WWE Watch Alongs during the PPV's, you're missing out. Liv Morgan was fantastic all PPV.

Double the pleasure, Double the fun. 16 simultaneous hours of Content, all available on one screen.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Foley is the inaugural champion as Mankind/Cactus Jack/Dude Love

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Man it'd be amazing to see a trio title booked worse than the Never 6 man titles

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

sportsgenius86 posted:

It did you a favor don’t be mad

And here I was starting to think he was going to take the 8th spot...

It just makes me so angry seeing Balor taking that sunset powerbomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Nipponophile posted:

This is something that really hit me a while back when someone mentioned the Austin "Jesus pop" when he came back during Rock/Mankind, and I looked up that Raw to watch the whole thing.

Don't do that unless you want to ruin your good memories. You know why the crowd exploded for Austin? It certainly wasn't because it was a surprise. Shawn Michaels opens the show as Commissioner by announcing that he has a STONE COLD SURPRISE for the Rock during his title defense. Thanks to this, Lawler is at his most obnoxious the entire episode, repeating "Shawn Michaels said he had a Stone Cold Surprise for the Rock! What do you think he meant by Stone Cold Surprise? What could the Stone Cold Surprise be?" literally every ten minutes over the top of every match.

Not that any important commentary was affected. The whole reason the crowd blew up for Austin was because they'd been sitting through two hours of "Corporation" promos and garbage matches. The card featured such five-star spectacles as Godfather/Test, Mark Henry/Goldust, Ken Shamrock/Steve Blackman, and a special handicap match between Kane and Brisco and Patterson, which was brought on because Brisco and Patterson had been sticking signs on Kane's back and making funny faces at him when he wasn't looking. Shane McMahon was guest ref for this, because why not.

It hit me hard with this Brock thing but it kinda was sewn for me last night I was watching raw is owen since the 20 year anniversary is in 4 days and the owen memorial segments are still (mostly) good but the matches were God awful, I followed that show up with kotr 95 (hence why I brought up mable becoming kotr) and the entire show was trash. Wrestling Is bad but I'll keep watching cuz well tradition at this point I'll eat poo poo now cuz at least the poo poo tastes better than it did in the 80s