Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Money in the Bank was...
This poll is closed.
A great show! 5 3.38%
Pretty good 12 8.11%
Eh. 33 22.30%
It was bad. 39 26.35%
Let's hear it for the crowd, they ruled. 59 39.86%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I know that it is panic button hitting but I will fully admit that my initial reaction to Brock was surprise so they won on that. However, the initial shock quickly became “awe dammit” when my next thought immediately became “he is going to win”.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Rampage? I was expecting Brock to come out and start destroying everyone. He gingerly pushes a ladder than fell in the area of the camera man. Then Ali took what seemed to be a routine jump off the ladder and land draping over the ropes.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Has anyone speculated whether the new title is going to be something like “We Can’t Say Saudi Arabia, but The Saudi Arabian Title” to be defended exclusively on the blood money shows?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Has anyone speculated whether the new title is going to be something like “We Can’t Say Saudi Arabia, but The Saudi Arabian Title” to be defended exclusively on the blood money shows?

BRAUN already has that

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Said this in the ppv thread but I'm predicting a wildcard title, only can compete for it on the opposite show that you are on give it to Roman gives him reason to swap shows each week

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Man...so Miz loses to Shane again. Braun just bullies his way around backstage..and then Brock shows up.

Why are you so frustrating, WWE?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

D.N. Nation posted:

US title was an upper-card thing during Y2J/Rey's time in WCW. Then it, like the company, went off the cliff and they gave it to Bill DeMott a bunch of times.
Technically Rey was in WCW until the very end, winning the aforementioned Cruiserweight Tag Belts at the final Nitro.

Jericho was more of a case of them never really taking him as a star, though in his time in WCW the following people held the US title, and people in bold defended it against Jericho in televised title matches:

Ric Flair
Eddie Guerrero
Dean Malenko
Jeff Jarrett
Steve McMichael
Curt Hennig
Diamond Dallas Page
Raven
Goldberg
Bret Hart
Lex Luger
Roddy Piper
Scott Hall
Scott Steiner* Jericho was in the tournament that led to Steiner winning it
David Flair
Chris Benoit

And Jericho did have either the Cruiserweight or TV title for a significant portion of the ~3 years he was in the company as well (it was a combined 371 days with one or the other)

Rey literally never even got a shot at the US title until he got into WWE out of a house show loop in late May/early June 1997 against Dean Malenko. But even in the dying days of WCW post-Jericho only General Rection (and David Flair) stick out as truly horrible upper-midcard choices for the US title: Lance Storm, Terry Funk, Shane Douglas, Rick Steiner, and Booker T were the only 1999-2001 title holders.

This isn't to saying the booking wasn't terrible, the belt got vacated three times in the first half of 2000. But compared to the tag titles, the TV title, or the cruiserweight title, the US title survived the end days of WCW with a remarkable amount of dignity intact. And then Booker T casually handed it over to Kanyon right after the Invasion PPV.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Watching MitB now. The rule is that competitors must be on their feet before the ref rings the bell for cash-ins, therefore Bayley's title win is null and void :colbert:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

TV Zombie posted:

Why are you so frustrating, WWE?

Vince McMahon.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
I like Bayley. I'm glad she won and I hope she wins some more.

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Rarity posted:

Watching MitB now. The rule is that competitors must be on their feet before the ref rings the bell for cash-ins, therefore Bayley's title win is null and void :colbert:

Unless they happen to feel like ignoring said rule. :c00lbutt:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm just really loving amused that WWE has a new company that is basically breathing down their necks and THIS is what they decide on. To piss pretty much every fan off as much as possible.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the recap sounds not half bad up until the very end tbh

e: i mean theres bad. theres the white supremacist doing his thing and the roman elias thing sounds eh and the whole braun business i still dont fully understand from just reading about but some good matches on there

hiromu takahashi called, he wants his deathwish back.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 07:13 on May 20, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Recap of the night

https://twitter.com/BulletClubIta/status/1130299306068578307
https://streamja.com/J9rJ

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

So Brock the Broken won a game he wasn't even part of on the same night as the GoT ending? Makes sense.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Imagine being asked to do this and then finding out what the end of the match was gonna be.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm just really loving amused that WWE has a new company that is basically breathing down their necks and THIS is what they decide on. To piss pretty much every fan off as much as possible.

Stop being amused by that and start being amused by that new company actually doing something that was getting them some flack and hurting their image a little bit and then WWE just made sure everybody was pissed at them instead as per usual.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I hope Finn will still be able to do ab crunches when he's in a wheelchair

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what was the crowd reaction like? looks like some people freaked out but the majority are sitting on their hands as usual

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

When I read that Brock won Money in the Bank I was actually floored at the thought that he actually did that match and was super hype to find out what happened.

loving. LOL.

In a less lovely WWE the notion of Brock as Mr. Money In The Bank would actually be very interesting. Having Seth live with that particular Sword of Damocles over his head could make for some very compelling drama and some highly thematic and relevant character work for him. The idea that Money In The Bank made his career and now Money In The Bank might END his career given Brock's sadism and personal hatred for him. The fact that this particular situation is an unthinkable Full Circle moment for him given that the one he cashed in on to be World Champion the first time was Brock himself. The fact that he defeated Brock at Wrestlemania by hoisting the man by his own petard, exploiting his arrogance and his attempts to cheat by bushwhacking Seth before the bell, and now Brock is positioned to turn the tables on him as the perfect revenge.

Hell, just simply the fact that this Mr. Money In The Bank will never be jobbed out and we really, actually can never be sure when he's going to appear because of his frequent long absences is kind of a game-changer for the gimmick.

But I'm sure the reality will be much like the reality of Brock in MITB - incredibly stupid, spiteful to fans and talent alike, and yet another self-inflicted wound to the company.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Amazing.

Seams posted:

what was the crowd reaction like? looks like some people freaked out but the majority are sitting on their hands as usual

Crowd was hot all night and turned the good parts of the show great and the bad parts tolerable. They were the MVPs of the evening... outside of the Cruiserweight match, unfortunately, which they were apparently bored by.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

In addition to being busted open, Ali also gets to come off as a huge dumbass for having both hands on the case but not getting it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

thread title please J-Ru

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

So what do we think the new title is going to be? Women's IC title? Hardcore title? Elite title (because you KNOW the that petty)? Jamaal Khashoggi memorial title?

A hardcore title with its inaugural champion, Steve Blackman

he’s backman

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the game of thrones ending was great and was one of the better series finales for a tv show.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Why does Brock need the money in the bank when he can apparently just turn up and decide he's the part of a match?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
On the one hand, hey it's cool that Bayley finally got to do something good on the main roster!

On the other hand, she's totally a transitory champ and is definitely dropping the belt to Charlotte to get her to a nice, even 10 reigns.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
What the Summer looks like major WWE show wise

Excited for wrestlers saying "I'll see you at Stomping Grounds" and stuff.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

rovert posted:

What the Summer looks like major WWE show wise

Excited for wrestlers saying "I'll see you at Stomping Grounds" and stuff.
i will never forget the undertaker having to say “Wrestlemania The Ultimate Thrill Ride” in a promo

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

jesus WEP posted:

i will never forget the undertaker having to say “Wrestlemania The Ultimate Thrill Ride” in a promo

He should threaten people with the Ultimate Last Thrill Ride

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I fully believe that Herr Lars was slated to win MitB right up until the internet told everyone what a fuckin Nazi he was and Brock got panic booked into the exact same spot.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Abroham Lincoln posted:

A hardcore title with its inaugural champion, Steve Blackman

he’s backman

I'd mark ngl

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Seams posted:

You can literally see them deflate like human farts as Brock comes out to a pop then does nothing to justify him winning so they're just getting up to leave with his stupid face in the frame.

It's so perfect WWE, take great performers killing it in a match that is hard to gently caress up and then take a big dump on the whole premise with zero coherence.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Crowd was good for a bad PPV and even they couldn't get than enthused about KO. The last year or so of his booking, combined with him coming back halfheartedly as a fat boy face before instantly turning, have pretty much relegated him back to mid-card. I don't think anyone takes him seriously as a title contender, even against Kofi Kingston, who is beating upper echelon guys left and right now.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wait Mick Foley is announcing the new title?

Oh god it's gonna be the 24 hour hardcore title isn't it? We're going to see people winning the belt in social media vids on random weekdays.

Actually I might be okay with that.

I hope it doesn't start a new lineage, Godfather's Ho deserves her place in history.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Foley took that post from a couple weeks back to heart and now the fight is for the lineal AND recognized custody of Rey's possibly-large son Dominic.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
If they bring back the hardcore title then Nikki Cross better be a 39-time champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

WWE is going to start doing death matches to spite Dean Ambrose.