Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Money in the Bank was...
This poll is closed.
A great show! 5 3.38%
Pretty good 12 8.11%
Eh. 33 22.30%
It was bad. 39 26.35%
Let's hear it for the crowd, they ruled. 59 39.86%
Total: 118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Introducing the WWE "Please God Fire Me" Title.

Contenders earn points monthly for doing the following:
- Passive aggressive social media posts
- Liking social media posts about how you deserve better treatment
- Overtly aggressive social media posts requesting a firing
- Getting news sites to report on you requesting your release
- Looking miserable in the ring, especially when you're booked to lose a belt

The person with the most points at the end of each month wins their freedom. But be careful! The losers each month all have an additional 30 days added on to the end of their contracts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

WWE is going to start doing death matches to spite Dean Ambrose.

WWE Tournament of Dismemberment.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shane is less horribly flabby than I thought he’d be, I have to give him that

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Blaise330 posted:

Wait Mick Foley is announcing the new title?

Oh god it's gonna be the 24 hour hardcore title isn't it? We're going to see people winning the belt in social media vids on random weekdays.

Actually I might be okay with that.

I hope it doesn't start a new lineage, Godfather's Ho deserves her place in history.

John Pollock on the Post Wrestling podcast said was it a 24/7 title of some kind.

Meltzer this morning he heard a Hardcore title or a Legends title being talked about.

A Hardcore title is going to be weird without unprotected chairshots and just shots the guy or back.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
A Hardcore Title in PG WWE would be peak 2019.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A hardcore title would suck in a pg era and will probably end up on Shane by the end of the year. A legends title just sounds like nostalgia based panic booking and will also end up on Shane by the end of the year.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What if Brock cashes in MitB on the new title as soon as it's announced and he sits on that Omniverse Championship forever?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
24/7 title makes the most sense of you apply WWE thinking. Can have people making a totally spontaneous video for Twitter and they film themselves challenging for the 24/7 title. Or a "fan" just happens to catch some kind of title defence in a Denny's and uploads it to social media. It's the exact kind of monetisation of wrestlers entire lives that WWE has been going for lately

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

A Hardcore Title in PG WWE would be peak 2019.

If it's literally just the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight title and treated exactly as seriously as that belt, it'd be fine.

"During a live show, Shinobu and Miyamoto traded the championship with each other 303 times, which is the record for most title changes on the same night. The date of the event is unknown. Those title changes are not listed to reduce the size of the article"

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 20, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so the new belt is either a PG era hardcore belt or the senior citizen power hour

Lmao

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so the new belt is either a PG era hardcore belt or the senior citizen power hour

Lmao

What if the new Legends title is going to be the Undertaker/Goldberg match?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It's going to the Internet title.

Zack Ryder will not be allowed anywhere near it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If it's a Legends title then l o loving l because:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i honestly dont know if id rather see pg hardcore belt or old guy belt. either are hilarious. hell, make it dual purpose. have the first match be a rematch of booker and stone cold in the grocery store.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I like how some people seriously think that WWE isn't going to hot potato the title between Bayley and Charlotte if given the opportunity.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I cannot get over how Brock Lesnar has managed to evolve to the point he doesn't even wrestle in matches he wins

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I cannot get over how Brock Lesnar has managed to evolve to the point he doesn't even wrestle in matches he wins

Yeah he rules and he should be teaching wrestlers how to deal with wrestling companies.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The_Rob posted:

Yeah he rules and he should be teaching wrestlers how to deal with wrestling companies.

he may genuinely be the smartest man to ever wrestle

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Also just a reminder that if WWE tries to reveal a new 24/7 title tonight, it's going to crash and burn. The only good 24/7 title is the DDT Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

It's gonna be the WWE Social Media Championship if it's 24/7

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bradzilla posted:

It's gonna be the WWE Social Media Championship if it's 24/7

Whoever can cancel someone the fastest wins the title. Bonus points if it's a sponsored post.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The Vince McMahon Senility Heavyweight Championship

The title fully booked by Vince McMahon and responds to his near hourly upheavals of storylines

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

As mentioned on the post-show podcast, Ali was told he was winning the WWE Money in the Bank ladder match much of the afternoon, until he was clued in on Brock Lesnar being the actual winner. There was chatter of Lesnar being backstage, but wasn't seen until it was time for him to go out.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The Vince McMahon Senility Heavyweight Championship

The title fully booked by Vince McMahon and responds to his near hourly upheavals of storylines

So just every title in WWE then

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

bradzilla posted:

So just every title in WWE then

the hope is to distract him from the others

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's loving horrible, Jesus Christ.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

How funny would it have been for Ali to just win it because Brock wasn't quick enough? That'd be the loving least they deserve for not just being straight with the boys about what the finish was, jesus

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Oh my god that's awful. I understand keeping Brock's involvement quiet but they could have hidden the finish until late rather than trekkineg a guy he was going over just to snatch it away

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
And they wonder why morale is low.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

i'll only feel good about brock being back under 1 condition

matt riddle kicks his rear end and takes his belt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh my god that's disgusting, loving hell

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Why not just tell them Braun is coming out and winning it? Why cruelly swerve a participant?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I wonder why more people don't just Shawn Michaels the gently caress outta bad booking

Like, the Revival wants out and is getting punished for it, but they went all in on the acting when the "usey hot" thing happened. Like, why even sell it. Just give it the least effort possible.

Same with Ali, why even take a bump that whole match. When Brock throws you off lands safely and then just stare disinterested as he goes for the case.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

"I wish Ali was treated like Roman"

And the monkey paw curls.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The_Rob posted:

And they wonder why morale is low.

quick more steph pep talks! stat!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Procrastinator posted:

matt riddle kairi sane kicks his rear end and takes his belt

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

gotta work the boys in the back

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

the eric andre/hannibal pic where he shoots hannibal in the chest and eric is labeled wwe and hannibal is labeled locker room morale.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Procrastinator posted:

daniel cormier kicks his rear end and takes his belt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope it is the legends title

Keep brock and taker and shane and hhh etc in the Old Man Zone and push Sami Zayn