Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
This is drat fine game and everybody should get it.

Seriously, one of the best adventure games I've played in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Keldulas posted:

We did just get 1000 credits for this stage of the game, so I fully believe the game would back up its threats here. I believe we even got 5 questions there.

yup, this is exactly what happens.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whybird posted:

So... yikes, that episode. The author has some issues about women, don't they?

uh....no?

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Catching up on the vids, and I too locked myself out of that bonus content.

And lots of others evidently based on my findings on the Steam Forums.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

huh....I'd never waited long enough at the after party to not be able to talk to everybody....I guess it does make sense that the other party goers would be unavailable if you waited too long.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Hwurmp posted:

Catgirls ruining everything as usual

I'd say more of a fox spirit.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Junpei posted:

It wasn't anyone's idea, Kate just accidentally called Brian by his first name, and then Rostov asked what if that was his first name. Brian said 'yeah', then Rostov gave hers. That prompted Kate, Sosa, and Melone to give them, and then Brian asked Chapman for his.

I still love how some nobody employee tries to give his hame but Rostov then shuts him down like "you don't matter, shut up".

Poor guy :downs:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Kantesu posted:

The story A.M. told goes like this:

- Rei disappears; fox girl becomes despondent

quick note....I think it's more implied that the fox girl went INSANE and not despondent. What with the buggy eyed look of her and the fact her magic went nutso.

At least, I think that might be a better description of the situation.

edit - oh wow....I just re-watched the A.M. cutscene and just noticed something I hadn't noticed before. I'll wait to talk about it for now though.

mauman fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 15, 2019

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Bacter posted:

I think so - anybody not do the advancement and can confirm?

yes he would....didn't know about his sidequest the first time I got to the party.

Had to reload a ways back when I realized my mistake.

His dialogue is a little bit different.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Spader is definitely an oddball.

He's above the Witch/Hugo antics.

He's immune to the occult powers of the Lady in Red (and yes, even at the final location, the LiR will happily murder you if you decide to look at it).

His art gallery (real artist/paintings btw)

THE RECEPTIONISTS....ugh

And yet he's a good guy, at least for our purposes.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he was committing some sort of heinous/blasphemous/evil poo poo SOMEWHERE.

The witch's existence proves at the very least that the occult exists in this world, so maybe Spader has his own occult based thing....

Or maybe he is devil, who knows?

mauman fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jun 27, 2019

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Chronische posted:

Also that bricked up 6th floor that's mentioned in documents as being some kind of weapons development? Or something? Completely sealed off, but very mysterious! There's also that tower of cubicles in the Hive that might be related to something - didn't seem like just a throwaway gag to me, at least. There's quite a lot of odd places that feel like they could have been expanded just a bit more.

Speaking of the 4th floor and places that could be expanded on, there's that section of the hive that's blocked off by the line of jackass employees.

There's a LOT of places that could be elaborated on in this game, but the 3rd and 6th floors are definitely the most obvious picks.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Well....THAT was interesting.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Yeah, that last section was WAY harder for me too....I did beat it the first time, but I was down to 4 bites (sight only, of course), down one paper, and another snake was chasing me....

Out of desperation I ran into the elevator and guessed the last number. Thankfully with most of the papers it wasn't hard to figure out what the last number was.

edit - I appreciate a good throwback game as much as any oldie here :corsair: but my oh my, that game is really blurring the line between "Laura Bow Homage" and "Laura Bow blatant ripoff". :downs:

Not that's a bad thing per se, but it did raise my eyebrows a bit.

Also, yeah that eye color thing was the thing I noticed when I was re-watching the video....the tint does a good job of hiding it the first time.

mauman fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Jul 3, 2019

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

I...uh...missed that link too.

Kinda embarrassed I didn't see it earlier

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Prav posted:

that ending left me feeling that everything's still hosed up

The sign of a proper cyberpunk conclusion :v:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Ayndin posted:

Also, the snake...fight? I'm not even sure it can be called that, frankly - felt weirdly anticlimactic. Is there a way to fail that or something? It seemed like you just kinda hopped onto the snake, dealt with it wiggling a little, and then climbed up and did the thing and that was it.

yeah, for a final boss fight it was WAY less interesting than the party fight/library fight.

Incidentally, you can try using the plastic knife on the Domori Crystal....it goes about as well as one can expect :downs:

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

yamiaainferno posted:

I just found this thread and binged through all of it in a day, and man...it's a super riveting game. Really holds your attention, has some good spooks and great atmosphere.

The big question I have that seems to have been left totally unresolved-- what the gently caress is up with Kate? Why was there that vision of her singing headless in the Videoclub Misterio room? Why did she turn into a giant mummy with hair that attacked us during the party, instead of the normal human-sized ones that everyone else did? Something just seems...off...about her, honestly. Why did she accept all the weird craziness of the company in stride? Chapman was pretty freaked out by it, so it's not just us, and everyone else had been trapped in the building so long that they were either delusional or used to it. Kate, meanwhile, kept trying to pretend that this was still an office job.

my opinions/speculation.

1. Foreshadowing/easter egg most likely. Remember what Brian was doing right before the poo poo hit the fan?
2. Most likely the witch directly possessed the one closest to Brian when all hell went loose.
3. Everybody seems to be somewhat conditioned to accept the poo poo going in there, even Chapman to a certain degree. My guess it's magical in nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

They REALLY must have nerfed those things, cuz they were vicious little bastards when I played this game.