Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I am getting a very strong Corpse Party vibe from this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I just hope my office job isn't as horrible as this one when I get a job.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Man, I hope Human Resources aren't this bad in my future job.

More like Inhuman Resources, am I right?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Well, that might be another problematic thing: I think Doshi is supposed to be Indian, and Indian IT guys are also a bit of a workplace stereotype.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'm not sure if Hugo is actually working for the Witch, or just trying to curry favor to avoid her wrath and maybe get some magic perks or whatever.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
TBH, out of all our 'suspects', Hugo is definitely at the top of the list for Witchy-ness. Kate and Doshi were definetly friendly, and Sintra is helping us, and while Chapman is kind of a jerk, he does at least seem to mean well. Sosa and Mappy seem too red herring-y. Rostov seemed nice enough, and while Malone was a little suspicious, Hugo beats her.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, this 'awful' area you mentioned that was made slightly easier if we did the Chapman sidequest is underwater? Good to know...

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
You know what? I don't even know what 'Yuppie Psycho' as a title means. The words individually seem to imply it means 'An insane yes-man'.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
When Doshi said the Lantern burns through batteries twice as fast, does that mean the percentage drains twice as quick, or that every time a new battery is automatically put in it uses two?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Man, first with the Sintra in Corvo's digital space, and then with that witch thing at the party, I'm impressed with how they can turn the cute appearance of Rei Sintra and make it creepy.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I'd like to draw comparisons to Silent Hill 4 with this party-in that game, you have the titular Room where you can save and heal without harassment, as a place to retreat before heading back into nightmare locations. Then, after you reach the halfway point, it starts getting haunted, and you feel threatened. This is similar to what just happened to the cafeteria-even your normal 'hub' had a dangerous area, but the cafeteria was one of the only places you couldn't get hurt in-then they take it away from you.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

marshmallow creep posted:

And whose idea was it to share first names?

I started this video before I went to work, and then finished it when I got back, and now I have anxiety. :derp:

It wasn't anyone's idea, Kate just accidentally called Brian by his first name, and then Rostov asked what if that was his first name. Brian said 'yeah', then Rostov gave hers. That prompted Kate, Sosa, and Melone to give them, and then Brian asked Chapman for his.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also, remind me, who is Marshall? He seems vaguely familiar I just don't remember.

We saw him in the hive. He was menacing and said to pretend Brian never saw him and that they'll meet again in the future, I think?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Marshall, your heart's in the right place, but...

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
And we STILL don't know where or who the Witch is!

AM's explanation gave us some help, sure, but Domori and Rei are both probably dead!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Man, I think this may be the first time a villain has given their tragic backstory and I went "I don't care, you're still an rear end" that I'm sure was on-purpose from the devs.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

LightningSquid posted:

Man, I feel bad. Off hand, I can remember Chapman and Rostov's names for sure, and I think I remember Malone's, but I can't for the life of me remember Sosa's or Doshi's. :(

I know Sosa's (Marta) and Doshi's (Inay), as well as Chapman's, but I forgot Rostov's and Malone's.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Spader strikes me as just... above all this mess? He's a contracted worker, so the Witch is just a temporary problem for him.

Given that the Athame is said to 'ward away the Witch' do you take less damage if it's in your inventory? Do enemies ignore you or is it harder for them to find you?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Maybe Spader will get explained in some DLC?

Someone mentioned this game having DLC coming later, I think.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
That DLC/Expansion Pack thingy we were discussing seems to be pretty naturally a "Help Rei and Domori get the last remnants of Witchyness out of the building" postgame.

Also, that URL on the card leads to a Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCoPWosoKtOXEFCP9Qmu31dA

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

LashLightning posted:

It's off-putting and sudden that Rei went immediately back to giggling child after showing some form of maturity in the robot. It would seem that she should understand the situation as she says that she has access to Sintranet's computer system.

I have a feeling that Rei was deliberately acting more childish just to annoy Hugo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I mean... we did help make everyone else's lives a little less witchy and better.

And, again, I think Rei was acting immature just to piss Hugo off. She was a bit better about that in the Sintra robot body.