Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Wait... did Acuña just hit two back-to-back leadoff homeruns twice in his career? Has that ever happened before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao riley

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Man it sure would have been cool if the Cubs had been able to cash in more than one of their roughly billion runners tonight.

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

Welp, should have known that good Darvish wouldn't last.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Correa :staredog:

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

comeon lets go The mn twins

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sydin posted:

Man it sure would have been cool if the Cubs had been able to cash in more than one of their roughly billion runners tonight.

Cubs bad once more so it's not allowed

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Soroka should not have command like this at his age. I mean obviously it’s unsustainable but even significant regression would still leave him in pretty good shape.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

GURRIEL...HAS...TIED IT!

My favorite thing about that moment was Smoltz spending like a minute talking about how Gurriel needs to focus on putting it in play into the outfield and make sure a run scores and not worry about getting a hit

*CRACK*

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Orioles :lol:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Man, The Orioles....

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
Boy the Orioles with some aa level defense there

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

When Kemp homers, who gets the hug? Himself? The whole team? I haven't been paying attention.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Lol O's catcher let a pop up drop like 3 feet from home plate with 2 outs in bottom of 9th tied at 7, leading to Voit walking on next pitch. Sanchez proceeds to hit a 3 run homer a couple of pitches later.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Soroka loving owns. Just lovely unsatisfying grounders and pops all night.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
tfw you blow the game

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

elentar posted:

Soroka should not have command like this at his age. I mean obviously it’s unsustainable but even significant regression would still leave him in pretty good shape.

But...what if he sustains it? What if?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
God drat, I'd hate to be an O's fan right about now

They were up 6-1

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fenrir posted:

God drat, I'd hate to be an O's fan at any point in the last 20 years

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Mets get crushed by Marlins, beat the Nationals about 50/50 of the time, including tonight. This is oddly typical!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'd say :toxx: but it might take years to manifest, Soroka will be the next Brave to throw a no-hitter

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Did the Astros really permanently break Yu Darvish?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I know Cubs fans are okay with it for obvious reasons, but I will never not find it hilarious that the Yankees got Gleyber Torres for a literal half season of Aroldis Chapman and then just ended up resigning Chapman anyway.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Mariners still gonna lose but hell Yeah tim Beckham grand salami

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fenrir posted:

God drat, I'd hate to be an O's fan right about now

They were up 6-1

I doubt they care. They aren't trying to actually win games this season.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Fire Shelby Miller into the goddamn Sun

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Whoa, Shelby Miller has been reduced to long relief for the Rangers?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Opposing team fans might as well just turn the game off when Pressly comes in. Game's pretty much over at that point.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

i didnt realize we called up andrew suarez. might as well see if he belongs in the big leagues (spoiler, probably not), cause holland has been rear end

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Defense in the 9th inning comes hard in Baltimore, it seems.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Intruder posted:

Whoa, Shelby Miller has been reduced to long relief for the Rangers?

Once retired 27 consecutive batters in one game and was traded for a single season of pre-New Swing Jason Heyward.

goobernoodles
May 28, 2011

Wayne Leonard Kirby.

Orioles Magician.
This is the sloppiest game. The sloppiest slop.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I always come close to rooting for the yanks since they’re my local AL team but then I see Aroldis Chapman

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pancakes posted:

Once retired 27 consecutive batters in one game and was traded for a single season of pre-New Swing Jason Heyward.

lol the dbacks gave up inciarte and swanson for him

...well I guess they haven't been the greatest shakes either

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I have been so drat spoiled with Pressly / Osuna. It's been so ho-hum for them I haven't appreciated having a 0.00 and 0.44 ERA as your set-up man and closer.

This team is stupidly good.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Soroka is owning the poo poo out of the Giants. Perfect through 4 1/3

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cubs please hit a base hit with runners on the base paths

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DON'T SLIDE INTO FIRST