Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

derra posted:

Hmm. I rarely get Monk, but a Barehand Swords Dance crit has to do 9999 right?

quote:

[8:32 AM] Kyrosiris: .mcalc 30 50 fists
[8:32 AM] Carbybot: At Level 30, with 50 Strength, your fist M is 7 (with 63 attack power). To reach the next M, you need to reach level 31.

63 * 2 * 2 = 252, 7 * 2 = 14, 252 * 14 = 3,528

So no, not even remotely, assuming relatively high levels for W2Death. To crit for 9999 you'd need uh... level 52.

quote:

[8:38 AM] Kyrosiris: .mcalc 52 50 fists
[8:38 AM] BOTCarbybot: At Level 52, with 50 Strength, your fist M is 12 (with 107 attack power). To reach the next M, you need to reach level 57.

107 * 2 * 2 = 428, 12 * 2 = 24, 428 * 24 = 10,272

(level 51 is 105@11 M, for 9,240 damage)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
I did three runs last time, probably going to try a Zerker Risk this time, because I had too much good luck with jobs last year and didn't get a single 'zerker. For shame, Charlett.

Not entirely sure how to run with Berzerkers aside from like, using the thief knife to steal good scythes or something? It seems pretty difficult but I've played a bunch of FF5 so I guess I could probably do it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Charlett posted:

I did three runs last time, probably going to try a Zerker Risk this time, because I had too much good luck with jobs last year and didn't get a single 'zerker. For shame, Charlett.

Not entirely sure how to run with Berzerkers aside from like, using the thief knife to steal good scythes or something? It seems pretty difficult but I've played a bunch of FF5 so I guess I could probably do it.

You get anywhere from one to eight (depending on if you get Ninja) Death Sickles from Crescent Island, and they carry you for 90% of the game. :black101:

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

63 * 2 * 2 = 252, 7 * 2 = 14, 252 * 14 = 3,528

So no, not even remotely, assuming relatively high levels for W2Death. To crit for 9999 you'd need uh... level 52.

107 * 2 * 2 = 428, 12 * 2 = 24, 428 * 24 = 10,272

(level 51 is 105@11 M, for 9,240 damage)

Thanks for the math, but I was actually thinking of Omega. 52 seems reasonable for Omega and that party.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

derra posted:

Thanks for the math, but I was actually thinking of Omega. 52 seems reasonable for Omega and that party.

Ah, fair enough. Then yeah, you'd basically be praying to god for 8% crits on a 50% 25% chance (Monks can't equip Lamia's Tiara) for SD, which I know is doable, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to bother without Omega trapped outside time.

Worth noting that your Sword Dances would actually still punch through Omega even if non-crit, just for uh... let's call it chip damage.

(107 * 2 = 214 - 190 = 24 * 24 = 576)

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 31, 2019

wodenspoon
May 2, 2018

So excited for this year. Last year was my first year doing much with the Fiesta, and I ended up completing 8 runs!

I later found that many of the resources that helped me so much on the early runs were generated by the community here, so thanks to anyone who had a hand in those!

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Ah, fair enough. Then yeah, you'd basically be praying to god for 8% crits on a 50% 25% chance (Monks can't equip Lamia's Tiara) for SD, which I know is doable, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to bother without Omega trapped outside time.

Worth noting that your Sword Dances would actually still punch through Omega even if non-crit, just for uh... let's call it chip damage.

(107 * 2 = 214 - 190 = 24 * 24 = 576)

Oh. That's bad. That's very bad.

I'd use Barehand on the Dancer myself, but if your non-crits hurt him that's not going to work.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Kyrosiris posted:

You get anywhere from one to eight (depending on if you get Ninja) Death Sickles from Crescent Island, and they carry you for 90% of the game. :black101:

And then you forget about Reflect Knights and get Instant Death bounced back at you.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

derra posted:

Oh. That's bad. That's very bad.

I'd use Barehand on the Dancer myself, but if your non-crits hurt him that's not going to work.

If you want to ensure that a non-crit never does damage (to dodge reactions), you'd need to ensure your attack power is under 95 even after random variance, which is (0...(Level/4)). That makes the magic breakpoint level 41 (41 / 4 = 10; 85 fist power at level 41 + 10 = 95 * 2 = 190, which is Omega's defense score). You're then looking at crits equal to 85 * 2 * 2 = 380; 10 * 2 = 20, 340 * 20 = 6800 damage (skewing as high as 95 * 2 * 2, 7600 damage).

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

:siren::siren::siren: PREREG IS LIVE :siren::siren::siren:

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
And not updated for 2019 yet

Well, at least the website. I don't know if gilgabot is setup for the new reg types.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Shyfted One posted:

And not updated for 2019 yet

Well, at least the website. I don't know if gilgabot is setup for the new reg types.

My #regadvance (with risk, naturally) went through without a hitch.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

If you want to ensure that a non-crit never does damage (to dodge reactions), you'd need to ensure your attack power is under 95 even after random variance, which is (0...(Level/4)). That makes the magic breakpoint level 41 (41 / 4 = 10; 85 fist power at level 41 + 10 = 95 * 2 = 190, which is Omega's defense score). You're then looking at crits equal to 85 * 2 * 2 = 380; 10 * 2 = 20, 340 * 20 = 6800 damage (skewing as high as 95 * 2 * 2, 7600 damage).

Yeah, probably go a bit higher level, Barehand the Dancer for the strength but CK dance him down anyway.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://twitter.com/bregorsa/status/1134504606845886471?s=21

:getin:

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

the new role was discovered

#regWinner #BERSERKRRISK time imo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BisbyWorl posted:

:siren::siren::siren: PREREG IS LIVE :siren::siren::siren:

So what is a Winner Run?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

So what is a Winner Run?

Either the result of those twitter polls (it's a subset of regpopular) so Blue Mage, White Mage, Time Mage, and Summoner or it has something to do with The Run. RK hasn't specified beyond "it's a subset of popular which is why it shows up as a Popular run when you registered"

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

MagusDraco posted:

Either the result of those twitter polls (it's a subset of regpopular) so Blue Mage, White Mage, Time Mage, and Summoner or it has something to do with The Run. RK hasn't specified beyond "it's a subset of popular which is why it shows up as a Popular run when you registered"

Man that would be an astounding way to just rip the game in half like Doomguy.

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
I finally beat the game last fiesta after a few years of attempts. :) I'm definitely trying again this year - just signed up for #Chaos #BERSERKERRISK and I'm excited to be around for preregs this time!

How many berserkers did you all end up with last year?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Two, one of which got voided to make room for a Cannoneer. :toot:

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

ChaosRISK registered.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Reg'd purechaos. Ready for the magic to happen

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

The difference between #Chaos and #PureChaos is that #PureChaos can have the same job come up multiple times, right

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Other way around.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Pure Chaos can also give you mime and freelancer

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Feldegast42 posted:

The difference between #Chaos and #PureChaos is that #PureChaos can have the same job come up multiple times, right

I thought it was the opposite.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

Pure Chaos: no dupes, yes freelancer/mime
Chaos: yes dupes, no freelancer/mime

RitzBlues
May 30, 2014
#PureChaos is my default registration preference now. I'm not a fan of duplicates (barring Berserker Risk). The 20 job challenge will definitely affect my registration choices this year.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

FFV 4JF 2019: Have you talked to your doctor about Zerker Risk?

I'll never stop pitching this.

I am debating on just chaosing as usual or going #advanced.

Which is considered the cool kids hot pick!?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Sneaky Wombat posted:

Which is considered the cool kids hot pick!?

Winner Risk, duh. You get a cool name color in discord and everything.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Winner Risk, duh. You get a cool name color in discord and everything.

You mean I get a cool color?! Done and done.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Any speculation on what a Winner Run is? I'm guessing 3 berserks and a thief

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

Any speculation on what a Winner Run is? I'm guessing 3 berserks and a thief

Digi on the Discord thinks the winner of the run will decide what team everyone gets.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I can't believe I just did this. I swore I would never, ever, EVER do it. :cripes:

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Digi on the Discord thinks the winner of the run will decide what team everyone gets.

That seems a lot different than Popular though and Winner is being tagged under that

I registered for PureChaos RISK

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Shyfted One posted:

That seems a lot different than Popular though and Winner is being tagged under that

It's probably the Popular formula but based on teams with confirmed wins from last year instead of polling.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

It's probably the Popular formula but based on teams with confirmed wins from last year instead of polling.

Then you'd likely end up with the same teams year after year if Winner stuck around

At least if it was based on the twitter polling it might change

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Shyfted One posted:

Then you'd likely end up with the same teams year after year if Winner stuck around

At least if it was based on the twitter polling it might change

I don't think popular is likely to change much either.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Reg'd Chaos Risk. If yer gonna risk, why not risk a quad zerker team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

Huzzah! posted:

Reg'd Chaos Risk. If yer gonna risk, why not risk a quad zerker team.

Because we want purple name text in the discord