Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

(GBA cart is best version for Fiesta.)

it is, but i think i'm gonna, sigh, play snes at least once for project demi and see how that handles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

I'm gonna give project demi a try this year-- but geez, the translation is... I saw people waving that off, but you gotta remember, it's not just the cutscenes that are translated, it's every item in the game and it's gonna be real disorienting using the stuff they went with for it. Wish the GBA translation backport were supported.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Man with Hat posted:

But the SNES names are the ones used in the algorithm guide making them the most useful to read.

SNES translation is good, y'all are crazy

i've been doing this since 2013, everything in there i haven't memorized i have a handy calculator for

christ, has it really been that long?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

He's a pretty decent guy overall, honestly-- met him at limit break, hung out a little. Just, you know, ff5 hilarity. It honestly probably doesn't help that fiesta doesn't speedrun like the normal game, which I am given to understand is steprouted to hell and back, so there's a lot going on that needs to be basically routed from principles.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Samuel Clemens posted:

I don't think Dragondarch even runs vanilla FFV oddly enough, or most Final Fantasies for that matter. He seems to focus primarily on platformers, so I don't know how he came to be one of the Fiesta runners. Maybe puwexil asked him to join. (IIRC, it used to be only those two for a while.)

probably that's what it is, since he's on the rpglb staff(and I think is one of their admins). that he doesn't run vanilla is the huge killer there - you can't work from notes and can't adapt familiarity from vanilla, sooo