Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kyrosiris posted:

Buy a GBA cartridge, buy the PSX anthology that has it, buy the port on steam or your smartphone, or :filez:.
(GBA cart is best version for Fiesta.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Supremezero posted:

Does #Everhate still exist?

Don't actually do it even as a challenge, it's not a challenge just dumb
yeah don't do deliberate quadzerk

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

derra posted:

Had anyone made a list of Sealed Weapons by sell price? I could use that tbh.

quote:

8:38 PM Mega64 :
Thanks to Twelve by Pies for the following:

Sasuke's Katana, Magus Rod, Sage's Staff, and Fire Lash all sell for 10,000 gil. The Assassin's Dagger technically does too, but pretty much every team in the game can make use of that unless you somehow get a party of all White Mages and/or Monks. The Gaia Bell also sells for 4500 gil, not as much as the others but still more than the ones I didn't mention, which only sell for 5 each.

edit: lmao beaten I'm sorry

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kyrosiris posted:

It's important to note that anywhere that has a piano is safe from the Void.
And equally important to not shorthand this, because Lix has two songs but no piano and that's not accessible in W3 at all.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bregor posted:

Yeah I think Lix has one and Istory has one. Does Istory survive the Void? Can’t remember.
yeah I somehow thought the sheep was in Lix as well as the music box I'm real dumb

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Miles McCloud posted:

Thanks for the answers everyone! Excited to get back to it. I'll be on the lookout for a Chicken Knife and a Rainbow Dress.
You're definitely going to want to look up the Knife, unless you're insane in which case you'll find it normally. The Dress is probably also worth looking up because I know I would not have gone to the place it is without being told it mattered.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Madtrixr posted:

after slogging through my first run, I got something much more enjoyable, Monk/Mystic Knight/Ninja/Dancer and have actually been having a blast. I gotta ask: Dare I dream of the Triple Crown?
eugh

you have a way to damage omega (dual wield thundaga spellblade) but no way to cheese either of them, so you'd have to grind a large number of levels, but it's not actively bad per se

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ItBreathes posted:

Whats preferable on a berserker, equip harps or !white?
White passes on more magic for Rune Axe (25 vs 11) and also lets you cast healing spells out of battle if that ever comes up. Not close, unless you specifically need Apollo's Harp for its 8x against Dragon and Undead (so Shinryu, the Grand Cross part of NED, and some random crap).

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Darwinism posted:

Omega took several wipes until I got the !Calms down pat but after that it wasn't a fight anymore, though without a Chemist I don't know how I would've damaged the bastard.
CORAL SWORD

(it would not have done very much but hey, if you're calm locking him...)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

derra posted:

Although if I'm actually there and present and with a decent party I'll do the desert in the first screen of the Rift and stop and heal occasionally
Is that superior to doing the desert outside Phoenix Tower? That's basically a bunch of mooks that die in one hit, plus the occasional Landcrawler, so it's easier to not use your brain on.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

rodbeard posted:

I'm at the end of world 2 with red/ zerk/ dragoon/ ranger. I can't seem to fit hard enough to get him down to where he'll start killing himself by bouncing spells off of my reflect ring or heal enough to stay alive for a meaningful amount of time. Do I need to grind out double cast? I got one guy half way there before I got bored of statues.
If you're going to grind out anything, grind out Staff of Light drops from Metamorphs (kill while untransformed only) in Ghido's Cave, RDM can break those to cast Holy for like 4500 each and also grind out Rapid Fire obviously

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DalaranJ posted:

That bedamned clapperclaw!

I love the GBA translation.
Did the goon who did GBA FF4 also do FF5? I know there was... actually, might have been two goon translators at SE, depends on whether the person who did Dragon Warrior Monsters stuck around long enough to also be the FF4 person.

edit: lmao, went back to check my post history, make that "might have been three", because there were two in the DWM 1/2 era, one proper translator and one QA on DW3 GBC and DQ7

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 15, 2019

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Got tired of fiesta runs and opted to break the game over my knee, so here's a tentative "not quite 100%" run trip report, albeit pre-Sealed Temple:

-I missed two chests somewhere, still absolutely zero clue where even with FAQs, so you should probably literally just play the game with a FAQ open on a screen in front of you the entire time if you're going to do this idiocy
-I actually just played mages the entire time, except for Knights for Karnak 500 because I didn't want to have to heal, basically just mash Summoner every encounter
-Turns out between L5 Death and Mystic Knight, plus Reflect and Sing access, you will hit every single boss's gimmick or weakness and it won't be rough at all, leading me to...

100% run boss fight ordering by difficulty:
1. Twintania (unique rare drop Tinklebell, so you can't Return scum, and common steal second Titan's Axe from the Gigaflare form so you have to let the whole fight cycle through once to eat up maximum time every attempt)
1.5. honorable mention Crystal Guardians (they each have rare drop Ash, there's exactly 3 in the game beyond those, so whatever number between 3 and 7 inclusive satisfies your definition of 100% is the one to - if you don't care about having more than 3, they drop off this list entirely, if you want more than 4 you'll be resetting until the end of time, I didn't even bother getting one)
2. Famed Mimic Gogo (rare steal third Gold Hairpin, and on SNES/GBA Return doesn't reset the Tower's air timer so you actually have to walk back to him every seven minutes, plus it takes him about a minute to end the fight so you have less time than you think you do)
3. Omniscient (rare steal second Kornago Gourd, plus he's at the top of Fork Tower so maximum opportunities to do something stupid and required prep time)
4. Azulmagia (bet you didn't know this idiot has a unique Titan's Gloves to rare steal)
---very large gap---
5. NED (rare steal Ragnarok but no common steal, plus you can !Sing yourself into the stratosphere first. The other three rare steals are a Fuma Shuriken and two weapons you can rare steal elsewhere)
---very large gap---
6. Gilgamesh (the difficulty here is in remembering to steal the Genji stuff, not in actually executing)
---small gap---
7. Let's be real here, the entire rest of the game's down here, the next hardest "boss" is probably stealing Dragon Whisker from Stingray or something, outside of the Sealed Temple.

Would recommend GBA for Quicksave access, although there's an argument for Matrix since Return works right in the Gogo fight on Matrix (actually resets the timer to start-of-battle time).

Beyond scumming rare items, it's really satisfying to just have the ability to kill everything on sight. Used Magic Pots to get 105 AP away from Rapid Fire on everyone without ever touching Ranger, killed Omega before I even walked into Apanda's room with Bards, all kinds of fun stuff.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Samuel Clemens posted:

You probably missed the Iron Draft and Hi-Potion hidden in a random room of the Island Shrine.

(The Iron Draft is in a similar spot to the right.)

There's absolutely no indication these treasures exist, so most people never find them.

Edit: The other items that are super easy to miss are the two cottages in Tycoon Castle and the Great Sword lying in the moat of Castle Bal, but neither one counts for your treasure rating.
holy loving poo poo are you kidding me

literally there were three people in the discord throwing suggestions at me and nobody came up with these

(I did get the cottage in the Pyramid, and all these, plus the cottage in Carwen W3, plus cleaned out Jachol cave, plus...)

edit: for everyone else, as though anyone cares, these are in the room with the two switches specifically, not the featureless room at the entrance right after the gargoyles - that's the one with the hidden pathway to the 12000 gil chest, not these two chests

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, huh, the protect ring isn’t a unique at all. Guess my next year’s donation incentive will have to fall back to three thieves gloves.
Yeah, you don't have to get Odin's because you can get any number from Phoenix Tower Soul Cannons.

(ditto getting the rare steal Aegis Shield / rare drop Elven Mantle from Halicarnassus, since both are rare steals from random Void crap, and so on)

also, I'm using Djibriel's GBA FAQ over on gamefaqs, which has, as far as I can tell, everything, even those two chests I missed and the Pyramid cottage.

e: oh, and for the donation incentive, I recommend not Thief's Gloves, because you can steal from Sekhmet and end the fight by Catching him, which causes him to stay unkilled, so he shows up again, so you can steal infinitely many. And since I'm a lazy rear end in a top hat, that means I actually only have one pair, because why would I bother stealing more when I don't want more if I could theoretically have infinite?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DalaranJ posted:

Holy Moley, you can leave the barrier tower!
Yes, but only back to the boat, no submarine trip to Moore for you.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

KataraniSword posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics.
Does he really? What's the background here, aside from shamefully bad taste?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Doom Goon posted:

There's a lot of weird ones that count. One of the cottages in Tycoon is counted apparently (I think that one's a barrel). But then there's the Karnak Flame Rod, the pots in Phoenix Tower, the Thief Knife, etc.
Yes, exactly the one barrel cottage is counted (along with everything else in Tycoon).

It's quicker to list what isn't counted - the two hidden Tycoon cottages, the Great Sword in the Bal moat, the five treasures Lone Wolf steals (so not the Blitz Whip but everything else in Jachol Cave, for instance), and "items NPCs give you" as in the Ribbon in Regole for example.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

chaoslord posted:

Rolled my final class, final party is White Mage/Beserker/Ranger/Chemist :toot: all the reading makes it seem like this wont be so bad. Onwards!
One Berserker is honestly fine, White Mage is great on its own, Ranger is pretty good on its own, Chemist is the most broken thing in the game, you've got easy mode.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
BST can't skip NED, can it? Just Chemist for Blessed Kiss? Or is there a release for that?

(he did say "Glitch all you want"...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh right, Leak kills work too. I mean, it's rough, but it's definitely faster if you math it all out beforehand...