Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'll play, going with dragon 🐉

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I was on vacation last weekend and was worried I would have to put in a subpar effort on day 1, thanks for postponing the game Asiina now I can give it my 100%.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote George Kansas lets get him while he's flying home

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Are we still in jokephase?

Also can someone provide me with a list of what everyone is so that I can more efficiently joke during the jokephase, provided one is still occurring?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yes and our PR is blatant scum slips Asiina is a real piece of work

##unvote ##vote Hal Incandenza

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I could see a tnl vote with the vote on hal. Hals confusion is easily verifiable, and before they even mentioned it, I thought that is what happened.

I'll do this.

##vote tnl

fufufu...

Can you explain this vote? I voted for Hal because he scum claimed.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sure. Did I really need a better one at that point in the game?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

Umm he’s saying you jumped on a bS low hanging fruit nonsense case. Are you saying you really think I scum claimed?

You did scum claim. That's what it means to say yes to someone asking if you're scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My vote was as serious as his scum claim is.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm not being dense, Hal was scum claiming. He was "joking" I assume but he still did it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I didn't get an answer for why voting someone for scum claiming during joke phase is scummy.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

This whole game has been joke phase. And I didn't know deadline was in three hours.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

I was hoping that in the time I was gone this game would have been more... productive

hey lets backtrack a second here:

you're leaning real hard on Hey Is This Jokephase? Are We Playing Mafia Yet? No Okay I Will Come Back Later posts

out of all the posters so far I think you're one of the least engaged and one of the most defensive and I declare jokephase to be OVER with the following statement:

##vote TNL

Jokephase is over, guys! From here on out we play Mafia, for keeps, and you know I'm serious because this sentence has punctuation and poo poo in it. Game on, dweeblords!

This is your first serious post and it barely qualifies as one. So I'm not even wrong about the game having been jokephase all of day one.

Instead of engaging with the case being made on me you're just piling on me for uhh defending myself I guess. This vote has nothing to do with alignment.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Thinking day 1 was mostly joke phase is not an alignment tell.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

day 1 in the gross majority of games is jokephase, outside of something like N0 actions or a D1 vig giving the town some info. this is nothing new to most people. why is this such a sticking point?.

Ask the people voting me, including yourself.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

No, I've been straightforward with my thought process. Hal scum claimed, I voted him for it. That's about the extent of my thought process.

Joke phase discussion is relevant when people are accusing me of misrepresenting Hal's claim as if I didn't know he was joking. Of course I knew he was joking, he still scum claimed though which in my book is always vote worthy.

If you're going to give Hal credit for joking then maybe give my same vote the same treatment. If you want to accuse me of joking too late in the day or whatever instead then do that. Calling me obsessed over jokephase while simultaneously ignoring the content of the case I'm responding to just sucks.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I know.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What?

I basically want people to stop casing me over nothing, or else bring a reason to me that is actually an alignment tell.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't know. Nobody today has talked about anyone but me or you. I think you are earnest in your reason for voting me or at least you're not playing it like I've seen you play scum in the past. Epsillon Plus seems scummy to me for the way he's poling on to me when there's already a lot of focus my way, but I'm admittedly biased in this matter. Then there's a few players like kaschei and IP who seem to be testing me possibly to set up a vote. There's honestly not much else to talk about, except that maybe some of the voters on yesterday's wagon were scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

George Kansas posted:

on a reread, I don't like going from "I voted Hal because he scumclaimed" to "oh it was just a joke, it wasn't serious folks" when there was zero indication it was a joke until after the fact

i'll ##vote tnl

I like how we've gone from "wow Ninth sure missed that obvious joke" to "there's no way in hell Ninth could have known Hal was joking" in the same game day.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote GK

Of everyone that came at me his vote was the worst. I explained my Hal vote on the last page and my explanation was completely consistent with the two posts he quoted. He ignores this explanation to say that "on a reread" the two posts contradict each other and that I was backtracking. This isn't the case at all and he's essentially throwing out two pages of discussion to justify jumping on me now.

Also I'm not sure how close he is reading to begin with:

Epsilon Plus posted:

and it just so happens to be on you

George Kansas posted:

because it was on you? lol

Great posting here beek.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

BTW less than 3 hours til deadline.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It was a joke vote, in the sense that I did not believe Hal was earnestly scum claiming, as well as a serious vote, in the sense that I was voting for someone who scum claimed which is bad. It was serious in proportion to how serious Hal meant his claim (not very).

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

90 minutes to deadline.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The entire extent of my thought process was "oh Hal scum claimed, well ok that's a ##vote"

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

My power rankings look something like:

EP > IP > Hal > AA

from scummy to not scummy

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The second kill suggests we could unfortunately be in a 2 scum 1 sk 2 town situation which would make it very hard for town to win and would put the game in the hands of the SK basically.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm vanilla but yeah that's what I think, EP/IP scum and maybe Hal SK.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

If scum get two night kills again then the game is over isn't it?

Anyway who do you guys think is the scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

You can probably come up with a better reason for me being scum than "I was the focus of discussion."

The post you quoted came literally one post after AA was herself speculating about a serial killer. Literally the post above mine. So what are you even talking about?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What are you talking about? I don't think I've mentioned an SK until today.

Feeling a lot better about my read on you now.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah no I didn't bring up a serial killer on day 2 either. Your post doesn't make any sense.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Again I didn't mention anythinh about a serial killer on day 2. What is the "it" I kept bringing up.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It's not a dumb gotcha. At best it's you doing a really poor job of communicating.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hal has been really quiet this game and he's basically a wild card for me.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

is anyone else confused about what I meant with this statement (with the D1/D2 mistake fixed, sorry, sorry):

like I think my thesis here is pretty clearly "TNL kept bringing up jokephase and the results of it, leading to a majority of discussion being about TNL, meaning nothing else was discussed as in-depth" and I can't decide if TNL is being obtuse in an effort to paint me as some wackjob or if I'm actually communicating poorly

Yeah I'm obtuse for not reading a sentence into a two letter word :rolleyes:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

And as far as your revision goes, you're basically accusing me of defending myself instead of shutting up and letting bad votes sit on me.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

is there anything else to discuss today, or are TNL and I just going to slapfight until someone impulse-votes and scum jump on it?

We could always compromise and vote IP!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

All this sk discussion feels like an attempt to create confusion. The OP is pretty clear about two scum kills and I think it's pretty unlikely an sk would double tap both nights.

IcePhoenix's only post today so far. If you squint at it you can almost see an opinion expressed here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

quote:

I think it's a valid tactic to stop discussion you think is unproductive by no longer replying to it instead of constantly drawing it out, so that other discussions can be had instead, yes. No defense can be a valid defense - either the discussion moves on, or you get lunched and the remaining players have data from that based on the voting pattern that emerged. Especially if you're just a vanilla townie - you win regardless of if you're dead or alive, right?

By the way I completely disagree with this, it's never good tactics to let the town vote someone you know 100% for a fact is town (yourself). But anyway you're not even talking about alignment anymore, you just don't like that I defended myself for so long.

Maybe concede that you don't really have a case here, and I'll concede that while I think you are scummy for going after me for reasons unrelated to alignment at least you're putting in work to go after -somebody.-