Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

infrared35 posted:

I've gotten back down under 20 pounds. Barely.

Must be rough, not being able to work on windy days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Somebody Awful posted:

Must be rough, not being able to work on windy days.

Between the body armor, duty belt, and boots... I'm good.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

infrared35 posted:

Between the body armor, duty belt, and boots... I'm good.

When you shoot a shotgun, do you fly way back comically like Kevin Heart did in that movie?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Calorie tracking is loving magic.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Annual exam yesterday. The doctor said I had the same weight as a year ago, which is amazing because of what has been happening since this time last year.

This time last year, the gym had been closed for a month, going on two. I'd kept up with diet, but there wasn't much I could do for exercise. Hell, there's probably a post in here from me talking about not even being able to find a bike at Walmart. Biking is my main cardio because heaviness turned my ankles into paper sacks full of hot tomato soup and broken chicken bones; most of that has heeled, but it's easy to re-injure.

Since then, the gyms re-opened sometime last June, and I went back in a limited capacity. But, I stopped in October because there was a surge of cases that didn't end until well after the new year. I plan on going back next week, wearing a mask the whole time. I've kept up as best I can with push-ups, sit-ups, Russian twists, and squats, and except for the last couple of weeks, I've been on the stationary bike every weekday. (Remodeling the living room and following-up with final touches and clean-up has taken too much time to dedicate 45 minutes to working out.) ((Although I have gotten back on this week, and I took an actual bike ride yesterday.))

Still... I've held it off. I've probably traded a little muscle for a tiny bit of fat, but I don't know where it's at. My wife tells me that she has to hug me carefully because she doesn't like the feel of my ribs, but I'm not that skinny.

Three years ago, I was a month older than my diabetes diagnosis, and I'd just started to lose weight. Two years ago, I was working toward my 200 pound goal. By this time last year, I'd hit 170 lbs, right around my lightest weight. And I'm still there.

You can't exercise your way out of a bad diet. If the diet has a name, it probably doesn't work, but tracking sure does.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

tarlibone posted:

You can't exercise your way out of a bad diet. If the diet has a name, it probably doesn't work, but tracking sure does.

Amen to tracking. I probably could have lost all this excess weight years ago if I had done calorie tracking. As I've said before - It wasn't what I was putting in my mouth, it was how much.

Passed 630 days in a row of biking, including when I've been running a fever from my last IVIG. gently caress breaks.

My weight has also settled between 169-171. I'm drawing a hard line at 171, unless my doctor tells me otherwise. I'm a wide shouldered guy, but I'm also not particularly muscular. So I'm staying five pounds below the max weight for my height, according to BMI.

When I was 159-165, everyone thought I was sick. I've got too drat big of a head for outright slender.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Stronger and more endurance than I had a year ago by a fair margin. But Iím not tracking calories, itís very hard to track diet in periods where Iím eating government field rations and such, and willpower.

Thatís going to have to change if I want to drop about 8-10 more pounds, which would be completely reasonable.

BMI calculators are hilarious, though. Not so much for where they say you are overweight, but for how tiny you can be before they say you are underweight. Pretty sure that if I weighed 15 pounds less than I did when I was 15 years old and a solid 3 inches shorter than I am now, Iíd be pretty fuckiní underweight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

I tried My Fitness Pal for tracking intake but apparently I don't have the discipline for it. That only lasted a couple weeks.