Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Jedit posted:

Yep, because then you get to see that the actress who played Annie Spellman was also in the pilot!

Haha, oh. I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Joan adopted a kid! Marcus is the captain! The Moriarty threat was just a ruse from McNally! Everything turned out great for everyone!

The chat Sherlock had with Gregson on the bench was really good. Really the rest of the episode from that point was great.

I like how the show basically nailed 2 finales. Some shows can't even get one right.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I liked it. Gave me the same vibe as an "All Good Things" finale. Things are wrapped up but the adventure continues.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I really enjoyed it. I felt it wrapped up pretty good and left it open ended that they continue on doing what they do.

I'm sad that there is no more Sherlock now on TV. Guess I should watch the old Jeremy Brent Sherlock series. (Though RDJ is finally doing a 3rd movie!)

Only complaint is I don't recall seeing Clyde at all!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I would have preferred a little less outright teasing about Moriarty but that was still a pretty drat good finale. Was kind of expecting the painting to be one of the portraits of Joan though. :v:

Honestly I think my favorite thing (in a manner of speaking) was that Sherlock relapsed again. It made sense why it happened and drove home the point that even though Joan has made Sherlock an infinitely better person, he's still an addict and he's still not perfect. It's nice that they managed to make the series feel "complete" but didn't just tie everything up in a neat little bow.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
The fake-out fridging of Watson was seriously distracting, but other than that, it was a good ending. The time-jump from the previous episode actually worked because they dove right back into the procedural aspect of the show, which was always it's strength. It felt like a deserved reunion.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Excellent final episode. It was more about the characters than any sort of case, which is what it deserved.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
That was a fantastic episode, and probably one of the best period from across every season. Really went out on a very high note. Gave enough closure for important matters and plot threads to not be unsatisfying and open ended enough to not just be tying everything up arbitrarily, purely because it's the final episode.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I'm not ecstatic about how Reichenbach was wrapped up but that was a very solid final episode. It was a good ride Elementary.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Good endings are good for rewatch value so this is just the best.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Jedit posted:

Yep, because then you get to see that the actress who played Annie Spellman was also in the pilot!

drat that's probably why I was trying to figure out who she reminded me of. I only started watching this when season 5 was airing

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I wanted to see an after-credits easter egg with Clyde and Natalie Dormer on a yacht. :smith:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I would have preferred a little less outright teasing about Moriarty but that was still a pretty drat good finale. Was kind of expecting the painting to be one of the portraits of Joan though. :v:

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it the view from his apartment in Florence?

E: almost forgot - Sherlock says that he was in Norway working under the alias Sigerson. If anyone didn't know, this was a shout out to the movie The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes's Smarter Brother, where Gene Wilder played the titular character Sigerson Holmes.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Aug 18, 2019

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In some ways I liked last season's version of "and the adventures continue..." better, but this was still great. And the season was good too so all in all a great way for the show to go out.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Slamhound posted:

The fake-out fridging of Watson was seriously distracting
It was the one disappointing bit of the episode. Just such an obvious fake-out that it wasn't worth putting in at all. They should have just had it obviously be Moriarty's funeral because there was no way anyone was going to buy even for a moment that it was Joan's.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I did like it, but think the overall end was better left at the end of last season.

Also Odin, and this is no fault of the writers or the actor, I cannot imagine as anything other than the profound fuckboy he was in Orphan Black, which was unfortunate.

I really really enjoyed this show, and I'm sure I'll be re watching it over the years.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Aug 31, 2019

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

To me he’s the guy who can type motherfucker really fast in True Blood.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
He’s currently Spock’s dad.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'm sorry but James Frain is and shall always be Chess, the mastermind villain of The Cape

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

ShakeZula posted:

I'm sorry but James Frain is and shall always be Chess, the mastermind villain of The Cape

I remember Frain as Sean Renard's evil(er) brother in Grimm before that show turned into an unwatchable trash fire mid-season 4.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Watched the final three Elementary season 7 episodes, none of my guess-predictions about the ending came true (rip Sherlock's Irregulars) and came away satisfied with the ending.

This was my favorite visual gag in season 7, https://imgur.com/xVU0QkD made me want Jonny Lee Miller as the next Judge Dredd actor or maybe as a Brit-Cit Judge

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Saw the last episode last night and it left me happy and sad, as it should. Not many series can end well, let alone end well twice!

My favourite thing about it was probably the fact that Is that the first time he has initiated a hug with Joan? Or indeed anyone? I have memories of him always being hugged but never doing it first.

Just a fantastic show and I am sorely going to miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

VideoGames posted:

Saw the last episode last night and it left me happy and sad, as it should. Not many series can end well, let alone end well twice!

My favourite thing about it was probably the fact that Is that the first time he has initiated a hug with Joan? Or indeed anyone? I have memories of him always being hugged but never doing it first.

Just a fantastic show and I am sorely going to miss it.

As far as ways to show character change and development that was a subtle but very effective way to do it.