Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Powershift posted:

I'm guessing nobody ever expected hockey to be played in St Louis in June so the arena was fully booked.

expecting some super melty ice too.

nothing's booked at Enterprise for a while, and in all likelihood Boston had also blocked out dates for the Cs playoff run which welp.

also the Blues just replaced the whole ice plant this year as part of renovations, so the ice should be good even if it gets into the hot-and-humid conditions we're used to here in the summer months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

nothing's booked at Enterprise for a while, and in all likelihood Boston had also blocked out dates for the Cs playoff run which welp.

also the Blues just replaced the whole ice plant this year as part of renovations, so the ice should be good even if it gets into the hot-and-humid conditions we're used to here in the summer months.

Yeah, but hot conditions AND people in the arena?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They set the dates based on if the WCF went to 7.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I never thought I would live long eough to see the Bruins be the lesser evil in a SCF but here we are.

Still refuse to cheer for them and instead will just hold steady with gently caress the Blues Forever.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I live right in the middle of the beating heart of St. Louis and most of the energy is:

"We're gonna lose but we made it this far."

"gently caress Adam Oates."

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Am I like the only one that's actually giving the (gently caress the) Blues a decent/good chance to win this? I feel like everyone's picking Bruins to win and :ohdear:

Patrick Maroon's only hat trick ever was against the Bruins OH GOD WE'RE DOOMED hah at least I don't live in St Louis phew

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

Am I like the only one that's actually giving the (gently caress the) Blues a decent/good chance to win this? I feel like everyone's picking Bruins to win and :ohdear:

Patrick Maroon's only hat trick ever was against the Bruins OH GOD WE'RE DOOMED hah at least I don't live in St Louis phew

They're definitely underdogs but the way they've been playing lately I wouldn't count them out by any means. Like the broons, their power play is also fantastic and if Binnington keeps his head about himself they definitely have a chance.

They're going to need a few things to bounce their way but this has already been a weird rear end playoffs so...

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

bet this guy is pretty woke

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
When did Marchand get so fat?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

You've been wrong about everything else what's one more?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

grassy gnoll posted:

When did Marchand get so fat?

That was 2011 but he's never been particularly in shape. Odds are he's gonna go full on Keith Tkachuk the moment he retires.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

They're definitely underdogs but the way they've been playing lately I wouldn't count them out by any means. Like the broons, their power play is also fantastic and if Binnington keeps his head about himself they definitely have a chance.

They're going to need a few things to bounce their way but this has already been a weird rear end playoffs so...

This is correct, but the Blues power play at best has been streaky. It got better in the Sharks series though.

I haven’t watched the Bruins, but the Blues penalty kill hasn’t been great, so if they have a great power play that worries me.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Duke Chin posted:

I feel like the Bruins are just a better version of the Blues, and Rask has looked real good the past two rounds.

But it's probably close enough that you should be sweating

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I was waiting for something like this to come out (almost everyone is rooting against Boston).

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
A) why are Toronto still an option?

B) who are those pro Boston goobers in the Midwest?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

tarbrush posted:

It's not so much pro Boston as it is anti Blues. I rooted for the Red Sox in 2013 too.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Duckman2008 posted:

I haven’t watched the Bruins, but the Blues penalty kill hasn’t been great, so if they have a great power play that worries me.

Bruins are running at 34% on the power play through the postseason. That's inflated by their series against Carolina but they were at like 28% before that series. You really do not want to put them on the powerplay.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

No lie, I don’t quite have an answer for answer A, but I suck at photo editing so I just left it.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Bruins are running at 34% on the power play through the postseason. That's inflated by their series against Carolina but they were at like 28% before that series. You really do not want to put them on the powerplay.

That’s what I thought. Right now that’s where I am worried with the Blues, special teams.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

tarbrush posted:

Because if you turn on Sportsnet or TSN they spend more time covering the Leafs offseason than actual hockey being played right now.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

tarbrush posted:

Hope dies last.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Aphrodite posted:

You've been wrong about everything else what's one more?

KEEP
ANTI-HOPE
ALIVE

:ohdear: x infinity

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Jamwad Hilder posted:

They also allowed the most short handed goal the entire session, and tried their damnedest to cough up a few more in the first round - thankfully Tuukka bailed them straight the gently caress out and hope that's sustainable :ohdear:

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26802976/whom-root-stanley-cup-final

i feel like the reasons given for the bruins are very weak

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bewbies posted:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26802976/whom-root-stanley-cup-final

i feel like the reasons given for the bruins are very weak

The only reason I need is "they're not the Blues."

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

Duckman2008 posted:

I was waiting for something like this to come out (almost everyone is rooting against Boston).

Vancouver Island incorrectly labeled as neutral here

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Dang, Chris "bird bones" Wagner is officially of the finals, huh?

Shame, he grew on me. Gave his life so that Gregory Campbell might get interviewed by someone again.
:angel:

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

goldrush posted:

Vancouver Island incorrectly labeled as neutral here

I met a Bruins fan in Victoria on my honeymoon, therefore they get the edge

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

They also allowed the most short handed goal the entire session, and tried their damnedest to cough up a few more in the first round - thankfully Tuukka bailed them straight the gently caress out and hope that's sustainable :ohdear:

It was just Jenner. You could give him the breakaway with an empty net and he's like 25% at best.

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

mono posted:

I met a Bruins fan in Victoria on my honeymoon, therefore they get the edge

Give me his name I need to take care of something

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

goldrush posted:

Give me his name I need to take care of something

He was a bartender at The Guild, which I had to look up the name of and sadly it's closed now

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Aphrodite posted:

It was just Jenner. You could give him the breakaway with an empty net and he's like 25% at best.

:ssh: there was some team of leaves in an alleged 1st round

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The only reason I need is "they're not the Blues."

:hfive:

I feel like the only teams fans that would rather see a Bruins win than a Blues win would be Chicago. Nashville is too nice and would forgive all the cheap shots and goalie running the Blues have done to them.

e: Basically Im hoping we get a new version of this
https://i.imgur.com/G9ySn9o.mp4

But a Blues fan in Boston.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 23, 2019

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

:ssh: there was some team of leaves in an alleged 1st round

Who?

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~

mono posted:

He was a bartender at The Guild, which I had to look up the name of and sadly it's closed now

edit: nm I'm thinking of a different place

goldrush fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 23, 2019

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Furnaceface posted:

I feel like the only teams fans that would rather see a Bruins win than a Blues win would be Chicago. Nashville is too nice and would forgive all the cheap shots and goalie running the Blues have done to them.

Detroit I think would be another place that would be more likely to root against the Blues.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Detroit I think would be another place that would be more likely to root against the Blues.

Really? Why?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Detroit and St Louis were big rivals when the Red Wings were in the west.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

gently caress the Red Wings.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

gently caress the Red Wings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND