Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

grassy gnoll posted:

gently caress the Bruins. And the Blues, for not beating the Bruins.

Hey, the baby Canes are in the Calder Cup final! We can still root for Redneck hockey to make history and bring home their first Calder Cup!

(Also, gently caress the Chicago Wolves and their affiliate **checks notes** the Vegas Golden Knights. Who knew?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Oh hey Keegan Kolezar is playing for the Wolves therefor I am okay with them winning plus uhhh gently caress the Carolinas or something. :shrug:

Also my one big take away from the entirety of these 2019 playoffs is that Perron is a bit of a piece of poo poo.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

Also my one big take away from the entirety of these 2019 playoffs is that Perron is a bit of a piece of poo poo.

He's basically Marchand with about half the goal scoring prowess

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

zegermans posted:

He's basically Marchand with about half the goal scoring prowess

Licking people: funny (but supremely gross)
Smacking goalies in the back with your stick for no reason and dry humping players whilst ripping their helmets off: ehhhhhhhhhhh not so funny

On the plus side it gives me someone to focus all my dukerage at since I'm woefully indifferent to the Blues org. as a whole. :v:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

Licking people: funny (but supremely gross)
Smacking goalies in the back with your stick for no reason and dry humping players whilst ripping their helmets off: ehhhhhhhhhhh not so funny

On the plus side it gives me someone to focus all my dukerage at since I'm woefully indifferent to the Blues org. as a whole. :v:

I mean, it's not like he doesn't get in a cheap punch when he can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-uawpQbdaw

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was just trying to endear himself to the Columbus fans, who are big supporters of sucker punches.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

zegermans posted:

I mean, it's not like he doesn't get in a cheap punch when he can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-uawpQbdaw

love tap

:v::v::v::v::v::v::v::v:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Nocheez posted:

Hey, the baby Canes are in the Calder Cup final! We can still root for Redneck hockey to make history and bring home their first Calder Cup!

(Also, gently caress the Chicago Wolves and their affiliate **checks notes** the Vegas Golden Knights. Who knew?)

Already got tickets to game 5. Sucks that I'm gonna have to root against Scott Darling.

I also went to Game 5 in the 2002 Calder Cup Finals when the Wolves won the whole thing.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
https://twitter.com/nicolecyang/status/1133434199426437120

lol what
(just gonna casually imply you're doing drugs on a day when drugs was a pretty big ticket item on the ol' NHL news ticker)

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
blues should have their biggest fastest player skate the whole length of the ice as fast as he can and plow into krug because that's legal now

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

bewbies posted:

blues should have their biggest fastest player skate the whole length of the ice as fast as he can and plow into krug because that's legal now

lol imagine how much more you'd :qq: and cry if it actually WAS the Bruins' biggest and fastest skater going down and legally checking someone instead of 5'9" tiny Krug man going down and legally checking someone.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
interesting misuse of the word legal

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bewbies posted:

From what I saw of the Blues' speed game, he should start now if he wants to make it on time.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
refs at the time said okay
the league as of today said okay
looking at the rule book and it says okay

bewbies sees that and thinks: "no. surely it is everyone else who is wrong."

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

Duke Chin posted:

refs at the time said okay
the league as of today said okay
looking at the rule book and it says okay

bewbies sees that and thinks: "no. surely it is everyone else who is wrong."

me and the smarter half of people watching the game

but yeah appeal to the intellectual authority of the NHL, that's a winning argument

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

bewbies posted:

but yeah appeal to the intellectual authority of the NHL, that's a winning argument

Compared to the intellectual ability of people from Missouri it is

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bewbies posted:

Oh, honey...

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Lets run some goalies and it'll be just 5 more games til this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zak3eNwxqkc

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

bewbies posted:

nice meltdown lol. you know you can both look up and read the NHL rulebook right? kinda embarrassing

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
the only reason krug wasn't tossed for that poo poo is he's too tiny to actually hurt anyone after a full length rink charge. its sort of like when my 2 year old hits me...we all know its wrong, but it doesn't really hurt

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I sat down and really ruminated about this, and I’m gonna have to go against the bruins team and fans on this one.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NHLBruins/status/1133721675302866946

go blues

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bewbies posted:

the only reason krug wasn't tossed for that poo poo is he's too tiny to actually hurt anyone after a full length rink charge. its sort of like when my 2 year old hits me...we all know its wrong, but it doesn't really hurt

I don't have any children but I have read your takes so I can relate.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/kfraserthecall/status/1133731076281708547?s=20

more like newbies lol

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
gently caress the broons, but that hit was clean.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
hey look i can post twitters too

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/1133199930640740352

https://twitter.com/ByMHarrington/status/1133199951373197312

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Isn’t Barstool Sports really bad? I vaguely remember them being chuds or exploitative or something.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
why whatever do you mean

(gives bob kraft several minute long standing ovation)

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Arivia posted:

Isn’t Barstool Sports really bad? I vaguely remember them being chuds or exploitative or something.

all their content is either misogynistic fratboy bullshit or ripped off better people

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barstool is the 4chan of sports.

We're... the Athletic I guess?

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

we're the comment section of the athletic

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Lets run some goalies and it'll be just 5 more games til this happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zak3eNwxqkc

lmao at mario tremblay at 1:14

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
pierre lebrun, noted nhl referee

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

fisting by many posted:

all their content is either misogynistic fratboy bullshit or ripped off better people

Okay so double gently caress the Bruins then.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
I don’t endorse the Bruins associating with Barstool (bruh, check out the SmokeShow of the Day!!!!!), but Jacobs will never turn down a buck from anybody

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
barstool sports loving sucks

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I think I'll trust a former NHL ref over 2 journalists. That was a clean hit, my dude.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

bewbies posted:

"The smarter half and I"

It's still wrong, but at least it's correct.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

barstool is pure 100% racist, sexist trash run by a sexist, racist shithead

They had an employee threaten to SWAT someone on twitch, their founder told a woman who works for him that she'd be too ugly to be seen on camera in 4 years, a radio host called a 17 year old olympic gymnast a "hot piece of rear end", their founder filmed an employee naked in the shower without his permission, an editor lusted after a 16 year old cheerleader, they became the new fuckjerry for a while and stole comedians' videos and content. Every single thing about them, their editors/writers, and their fans, is trash and PFTCommenter is overrated trash.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 29, 2019

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

He also has bad opinions about pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The 'distance traveled' part of charging is relative to the play.

If, for an example I've just made up that couldn't possibly have actually happened in a game because surely the referees would never allow such a thing, a guy is being held down in effectively a sleeper hold with body scissors while the play moves up the ice to the other end, when that guy gets to his feet and rushes back very far into the play, this isn't going out of his way to make contact.