Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
General Catch-All thread for all insane/hilarious conspiracy theories and people who believe them. QAnon is just the newest in the long proud tradition of insane people who think their toasters are conspiring against them.

Focus will be on flat earthers, gang stalking loons, soverign citizens, holocaust deniers and the hot new trend of QAnon dumbfucks.

First topic of discussion: Can you prove that I'm driving and not traveling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

what have qanon/qanon people been up to since the mueller report came out? I havent been looking, but they've been off my radar for a while

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Eat This Glob posted:

what has qanon been up to since the mueller report came out? I havent been looking, but they've been off my radar for a while

They've actually been pretty quiet lately. The bigger thing is that QAnon folks are trying to get their own conventions and poo poo together.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

quote:

YOU ARE A TERRORIZED MEMBER of the “MASTER RACE”, WORLD-WIDE FOUR BILLION EYE-SIGHT TELEVISION CAMERA GUINEA PIG COMMUNIST GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD “MASTER RACE.” YOUR LIVING THINKING MAD, DEADLY WORLD-WIDE COMMUNIST GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD SECRET OVER-ALL PLAN: WORLD-WIDE LIVING DEATH FRANKENSTEIN SLAVERY to EXPLORE AND CONTROL THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE. With the ENDLESS “STAIRWAY TO THE STARS.” Namely the MAN MADE INSIDE-OUT PLANETS with NUCLEONIC POWERED SPEEDS MUCH FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF LIGHT. LOOK UP AND SEE THE GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD CONCOCTED NEW FAKE STARRY SKY. THE WORLD-WIDE COMPLETELY CONTROLLED DEADLY DEGENERATIVE CLIMATE AND ATMOSPHERE. THROUGH THE NEW WORLD ROUND TRANSLUCENT EXOTIC GASEOUS ENVELOPE, WHICH the WORLD-WIDE COMMUNIST GANGSTER COMPUTER GOD MANIPULATES THROUGH COUNTLESS EXACTLY POSITIONED SATELLITES, THE NEW FAKE, PHONY STARS IN THE SYNTHETIC “SKY”.

no one even comes close to Francis E Dec’s poetry today

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
The super secret Deep State Illuminati Freemasons that everyone knows about may be in control of everything but at least they allow vocal free-thinkers like Alex Jones & 45 to exist.
That's mighty swell of them.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

:sax:

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
The Targ gang stalking comics are my favorite. Just extremely obvious mental illness on display, and nobody doing anything about it.

For the person who asked, Qanons are literally drinking bleach. Industrial bleach.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

One More Fat Nerd posted:

The Targ gang stalking comics are my favorite. Just extremely obvious mental illness on display, and nobody doing anything about it.

For the person who asked, Qanons are literally drinking bleach. Industrial bleach.

jesus christ. can you explain why in like a sentence other than "lol they're dumb as poo poo"

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Eat This Glob posted:

jesus christ. can you explain why in like a sentence other than "lol they're dumb as poo poo"

From my understanding it's literally because the fda said not to drink bleach so therefore bleach must be fine to drink

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

From my understanding it's literally because the fda said not to drink bleach so therefore bleach must be fine to drink

oh, ok. someone let them know that lots of old buildings are filled with asbestos. that poo poo comes from the earth, so it is natural and good to eat

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

i dunno the guys on the left seem like a bunch of dumb assholes to me :shrug:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

I hate that I know this, but it's crazier and dumber than that. Here goes...

It's typically known under the acronym MMS, most of the reports I've seen lately use Miracle Mineral Solution, but I've seen Master Mineral Solution, and Miracle Mineral Supplement as well. I'll just call it MMS for convenience.

At the most basic level, it's taking way too much chlorine dioxide, a chemical used quite frequently in water purification. At a very low level, it's perfectly safe and is a common ingredient in those tablets that hikers and campers will use to be able to safely drink creek water.

MMS got its start sometime prior to 2006 in the same communities that promote phone AIDS and cancer cures and who use the word "toxins" a lot, without ever clarifying what a toxin actually is.

Now, to understand why someone would drink bleach, literally poo poo their guts out, then recommend others do the same, it's important to understand their idea of what toxins do, and how they work.

See, what a toxin is is always quite vague, but it's commonly accepted that they build up in the body and must be physically expelled. Thus, any product that makes the user puke up their guts or poo poo them out is actually seen as a good thing, because that's supposed to be your body cleansing itself.

The most recent iterations of MMS that I've seen look like it's caught on as an autism "cure", so it's heavily tied up in the antivax homeopathic antiscience subculture. It's pretty much the same crowd that was pushing heavy metal chelation as an autism "cure" a while ago.

Given that shady supplements have been a right wing staple for a while now, so it shouldn't be a surprise that outright quackery is proliferating too

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Azathoth posted:

It's typically known under the acronym MMS, most of the reports I've seen lately use Miracle Mineral Solution, but I've seen Master Mineral Solution, and Miracle Mineral Supplement as well. I'll just call it MMS for convenience.

At the most basic level, it's taking way too much chlorine dioxide, a chemical used quite frequently in water purification. At a very low level, it's perfectly safe and is a common ingredient in those tablets that hikers and campers will use to be able to safely drink creek water.

MMS got its start sometime prior to 2006 in the same communities that promote phone AIDS and cancer cures and who use the word "toxins" a lot, without ever clarifying what a toxin actually is.

Now, to understand why someone would drink bleach, literally poo poo their guts out, then recommend others do the same, it's important to understand their idea of what toxins do, and how they work.

See, what a toxin is is always quite vague, but it's commonly accepted that they build up in the body and must be physically expelled. Thus, any product that makes the user puke up their guts or poo poo them out is actually seen as a good thing, because that's supposed to be your body cleansing itself.

The most recent iterations of MMS that I've seen look like it's caught on as an autism "cure", so it's heavily tied up in the antivax homeopathic antiscience subculture. It's pretty much the same crowd that was pushing heavy metal chelation as an autism "cure" a while ago.

Given that shady supplements have been a right wing staple for a while now, so it shouldn't be a surprise that outright quackery is proliferating too

God I totally forgot about the bleach "cure" for autism. I remember seeing people posting pictures of the "parasites" their children passed. :nms: it was the lining of their children's stomachs and intestines

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

you really weren't kidding with this targ poo poo

theres no way in hell he didnt slice that poor kitties throat himself :magical:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Bigfoot hosed my uncle, The Boggy Creek Monster

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

chapo covered the bleach thing in their newest episode, it turns out. i listened to it on my long-rear end commute. in addition to drinking it, conspiracy types are apparently putting their kids in bleach baths to cure autism :stare:

if not some tide pod challenge bullshit, I hope those kids are alright

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I think this will be a common thread question but here we go:

Do these guys have any reasoning for why there is a massive hundred person staffed gang stalking campaign organized against some dude who works at Applebees? Is it some weird Enemy of the State "I KNOW TOO MUCH!" poo poo?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

The standard “no reason” is that these high funded organizations need to keep sharp on harassing people so they pick targets as practice, spending hundreds-thousands of man hours and money on lonesome individuals and somehow this is cost effective.

In the pretty interesting book Chameleo, the reason was that the dude had harbored a dude who stole some equipment from the navy.

During the Bush years, there were alleged victims who were part of the anti-war movement.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
The krassensteins got banned on twitter. :tinfoil:

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I have to say, America utterly defunding all mental health care right before it invented the Internet is almost certainly the major cause behind this impending apocalyptic catastrophe

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015

Azathoth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9psFtbw4Gg

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Silver Nitrate posted:

The krassensteins got banned on twitter. :tinfoil:

so you're saying there is a pair of reply guy jobs open for the taking? i KNEW there was a reason I made my first Twitter account this year!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Former DILF posted:

I have to say, America utterly defunding all mental health care right before it invented the Internet is almost certainly the major cause behind this impending apocalyptic catastrophe

Yeah thats a real solid one-two punch to the ol' public discourse there. In general, i think the internet has been a strong net negative.

To be honest, i have no idea how to ethically handle folks like Targ, or more accurately, the guy who writes Targ. Aren't paranoia type disorders super hard to treat, because its difficult to impossible to build up a reliable bond of trust with the patient? I mean when the system was funded, its answer to Targ was, what? Permanent confinement in a mental ward?

I mean i guess thats probably better than the current life for a lot of people in this situation, which is permanent homelessness. Still feels lovely.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

I mean when the system was funded, its answer to Targ was, what? Permanent confinement in a mental ward?

A government mental ward, at that. The worst fate someone like Targ could ever imagine.

e: one could imagine an American society that strengthened its mental illness interdiction and got Targ the resources he needed early enough to prevent such a strong reactionary ideology, but I guess that's really the strategy of the right these past 60 or so years; to ruin good governance and from that create a self-fulfilling prophecy of tyranny, brutality and fear of the two aforementioned facets of the burgeoning fascist state we're witnessing

Former DILF has issued a correction as of 04:12 on May 24, 2019

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
bush did 9/11 though

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

A Big Fuckin Hornet posted:

bush did 9/11 though

lol if you think they were that competent

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Q anon was such an incredible boon to the Trump presidency. Imagine an administration not having to keep any of its most radical campaign promises (“Lock her up!”) to its angriest, dumbest supporters, thanks to an internet cult whose central doctrine is that they already had kept the promises, just in secret.

Makes you think...

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

bring back the good old non-(or at least less so)-racist conspiracies like area 51, aliens, super secret aircraft and all that good stuff

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

It turns our that a lot of conspiracy theories involve racism once you start to drill down into them, or possibly every conspiracy theorist I've known has been a white person.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

I mean there are liberal conspiracy theorists who were big on the idea that America has essentially been a fascist state since after WW2, it’s just that they don’t succeed in media as much (Dave Emory), are dead (David McGowan), or have fallen off the face of the Earth (Martin Cannon props to wherever he is).

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 06:11 on May 24, 2019

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://youtu.be/2frJ3e0hxPE

conspiracy theories are pretty common among oppressed groups, belief in government and corporate conspiracies including poo poo like chemtrails is common among the homeless/borderline people i know, and exists in poorer inner populations as well

a lack of education combined with knowing the system is deliberately stacked against you from the start makes it extremely easy for a lot of people to fall into conspiracy thinkin

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Conspiracy Theory Watch: The Republicans Are Gangstalking Me

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

LonsomeSon posted:

It turns our that a lot of conspiracy theories involve racism once you start to drill down into them, or possibly every conspiracy theorist I've known has been a white person.

There is a huge amount of racism in many conspiracy theories, especially anything involving ancient aliens, but don't worry! Minorities can engage in conspiracy theories too, even explicitly racist ones! There's a whole exciting world on the fringes of black twitter apparently! I've only just recently found out about it. Did you know that menstruation is a lie?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/649292388779864068

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Aw yeah, gonna enjoy this thread

Check out Beyond the Curve on Netflix

Its a recent documentary about the Flat Earth movement

One of the dudes sets up this elaborate experiment designed to "prove" the earth is flat and it is so well designed it actually proves the curvature of the earth. He of course says he must have done the experiment wrong.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

LonsomeSon posted:

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I don't enjoy conspiracy theories all that much anymore. Too many of them end up being just code for "and that's how the Jews control the white man."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I don't enjoy conspiracy theories all that much anymore. Too many of them end up being just code for "and that's how the Jews control the white man."

I mean, I don't find comedic pleasure in conspiracy theories as much as I find clinical curiousity

Like, what is it about a person that makes them dig in so hard and not only dig in but believe the vast majority of people not believing them is irrelevant

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's an offshoot I'd argue but my lord do I loving love sovereign citizens. It's the perfect blend of absolute smugness and completely loving idiocy. It will never ever not be hysterical to me that these loving numbskulls bring up the Articles of Confederation as this absolute defense of their rights when that poo poo hasn't been in use for literally like 200 years.

My favoite video ever was when this woman literally says "Um well OFFICER as a soverign citizen we have all the rights and privledges of a citizen but do not have to follow the laws!" and then the officer makes the obvious point that it's loving nonsense and would lead to anarchy she proudly proclaims "NOPE, BECAUSE WE ARE A PEACEFUL PEOPLE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

It's an offshoot I'd argue but my lord do I loving love sovereign citizens. It's the perfect blend of absolute smugness and completely loving idiocy. It will never ever not be hysterical to me that these loving numbskulls bring up the Articles of Confederation as this absolute defense of their rights when that poo poo hasn't been in use for literally like 200 years.

My favoite video ever was when this woman literally says "Um well OFFICER as a soverign citizen we have all the rights and privledges of a citizen but do not have to follow the laws!" and then the officer makes the obvious point that it's loving nonsense and would lead to anarchy she proudly proclaims "NOPE, BECAUSE WE ARE A PEACEFUL PEOPLE!"

Every once and awhile I deep dive into sovereign citizens getting owned compilations

My favorite is the ones of sovereign citizen evictions