Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Pleiadian Light posted:

Part of my art, off this board, is people's reaction to art and the psychology behind it.

i hope you immortalize a bellows lugosi post in your art reaction art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
Now back on the subject of fences

Too much haze? That's my critique

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

this isn't even a fence it's a gate, foh

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

RangerScum posted:

this isn't even a fence it's a gate, foh

Oh snap, wrong thread. Sorry everybody, please shift+delete all the above.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

don't post bad pictures, even if it's a bit

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Pleiadian Light posted:

Part of my art, off this board, is people's reaction to art and the psychology behind it. So it's interesting to me to see fellow artists telling someone to not do art a certain way, to stop making art, or just generally calling them terrible. It doesn't lend to growing a community of like-minded individuals. Creative criticism and being kind to others is different, as seen in the approach of bellows, and my hat is off to you, goon.

Welcome to the something awful dot com forums! I think this is the fastest we've seen someone move from rolling with the punches to the puppetmaster stage. :tipshat: Can I ask in which Facebook group you found these images?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Part of my art is to get owned over and over again for making bad photos. Sorry that my process offends you.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

MrBlandAverage posted:

Welcome to the something awful dot com forums! I think this is the fastest we've seen someone move from rolling with the punches to the puppetmaster stage. :tipshat: Can I ask in which Facebook group you found these images?

Oh thank you, they were captured by me. Alas, I have to admit the only group of books I've faced lately are these.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

dumping mediocre images as a response isn't the sort of incredible own you think it is

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Are you allergic to photos with natural looking colours?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Pleiadian Light posted:

Now back on the subject of fences

Too much haze? That's my critique

For some constructed critique, why did you put the subject of the photo behind a large foreground element? The framing of new life with barbed wire is also an odd choice imo and I don't think blowing out all of the detail of her top and running it together with the background was a good choice either. There is a lot technically wrong with this photo, what do you like about it and why?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

childbirth is a prison

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Megabound posted:

For some constructed critique, why did you put the subject of the photo behind a large foreground element? The framing of new life with barbed wire is also an odd choice imo and I don't think blowing out all of the detail of her top and running it together with the background was a good choice either. There is a lot technically wrong with this photo, what do you like about it and why?

she's trapped in an abusive relationship with a pregnancy she doesn't want... learn to read a photo :rolleyes:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

Nice nice.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
This one is for all the hardcore fence freaks out there. Here is a shot of almost every fence that I passed on my walk today.

I did really phone it in for a couple dozen of these. A few nice ones though.

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

11:

12:

13:

14:

15:

16:

17:

18:

19:

20:

21:

22:

23:

24:

25:

26:

27:

28:

29:

30:

31:

32:

33:

34:

35:

36:

37:

38:

39:

40:

41:

42:

43:

44:

45:

46:

47:

48:

49:

50:

51:

52:

53:

54:

55:

56:

57:

58:

59:

60:

61:

62:

63:

64:

65:

66:

67:

68:

69:

70:

71:

72:

73:

74:

75:

76:

77:

78:

79:

80:

81:

82:

83:

84:

85:

86:

87:

88:

89:

90:

91:

92:

93:

94:

95:

96:

97:

98:

99:

100:

101:

102:

103:

tk fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 24, 2021

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

One new post? I guess I'll pop my head in for a few seconds. *scrolls for an hour*

I like fences with moss/lichen because it reminds me of coral atolls, so the last one is my favorite.

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi

Lots of good stuff in there but this was an early stand out for me

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Western Fence by B. B., on Flickr

Low Contrast Fence by B. B., on Flickr

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

If found this fence that has clearly seen better days, but the features reminded me of butterfly wings and I dig it.

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

theHUNGERian posted:

If found this fence that has clearly seen better days, but the features reminded me of butterfly wings and I dig it.

Those do look like some of those angel wings people take pictures of I think there’s potential.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That reflected light is delicious.

Picture's good too. :v:

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

larper
Apr 9, 2019

KaBob posted:

Full disclosure on a few things here, folks. I do actually know my way around a camera and editing. The gate pic was an experiment of sorts showing the extremes in Luminar AI if you throw every option and slider at a photo. Yes, it was intentionally overcooked. The sky isn't even real, that can now be faked in, the flare is fake, haze was added, etc. It was a throwaway photo from a year ago that wasn't in focus and as a case study in being able to turn a crap shot into a salvageable shot I started messing with it. Once I learned that you can literally paint a new scene in Luminar I went nuts trying to make a photo that actually looked painted. I wanted to see what I could pull out of a photo that I normally would delete. So yes, overcooked but for a purpose.

The Kodak 120 was shot on a $15 plastic holga in a series where I was learning not only to shoot film for the first time, but on a janky throwaway camera that falls apart when you try to load film.

You all didn't know that background, but I'm saddened that as artists we are tearing others down instead of building them up.

Dude stooop. If something looks like crap youre going to get made fun of.

larper
Apr 9, 2019
I went to Pittsburgh. two Fencepix I am particularly happy with:

larper
Apr 9, 2019

tk posted:

This one is for all the hardcore fence freaks out there. Here is a shot of almost every fence that I passed on my walk today.

I did really phone it in for a couple dozen of these. A few nice ones though.

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

1000 more pix

For the love of god please make these timg so the other ones dont get crowded out

larper
Apr 9, 2019

My favorites from the past two pages. Great stuff!!

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...
Ooh, this is lovely...

P7085799_bw by Dan Packer, on Flickr

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...
P7145912_bw by Dan Packer, on Flickr

I definitely don't think I've nailed the 'desiccated' look as well as Eggs, but I think I can start to see why you'd use it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twenties Superstar
Oct 24, 2005

sugoi