Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Challenge I: M.O.A.T. Group Burp A Shot. Video for demonstration.

https://youtu.be/Szww-7wiEzQ

Challenge II: Also from M.O.A.T Group, Carbine Standards. With yet another video demonstration.

https://youtu.be/0ofL6yiryBI

If you shoot the burpee bit with rifle and handgun, you get to pound out 10-50 burpees! If you shoot the carbine option, you will also sprint 105 yards! Shoot the burpees with both short and long gun, do the carbine standards, and wind up burning a whopping four pistol rounds and sixteen rifle.

The concealed carry thread is talking about the difficulties that come with small guns and whining about physical challenges. We have a new fitness thread. Postals are a recurring part of the sub-forum. Let's mash it all together. Feel free to use rimfire, airguns, centerfire carry gun, badside long gun, gamer gin, comedy option. Wear a chainmail vest through it all if so inclined. Just have some fun as the holiday weekend rolls in.

https://youtu.be/7dSUdzgmCik

Butch Cassidy fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Life Before Death
Strength Before Weakness
Journey Before Destination

Looks interesting. And like a trip out to the desert is in my future.

Can you re-host those targets? Im getting a bunch of poo poo trying to open them. First video explanation is the big fat gently caress video link too.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Will these work? On a phone so unable to check for sure.

Burp A Shot target

Carbine Standards target

If not, lemme know and I'll just scan hardcopies from my target drawer then host on Imgur. Oh, fixed the Youtube link even though Ween kicks rear end.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Life Before Death
Strength Before Weakness
Journey Before Destination

Yeah, those will work.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I'll have to go to an outdoor range to do this. Haven't done burpees for awhile, and the last time I did them, there was a little hop when you come back up. Maybe that was special for that exercise, though.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Ugh I want to do a postal match some day but restrictive bay area ranges basically don't even allow rapid fire for the most part let alone any of the other nonsense that always comes up in these lol - that said i despire burpees more than anything so I guess i should count my lucky stars!!!

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Loaded a bunch of gear in the trunk, unloaded it at the lot, dragged it a half-mile uphill, unloaded it, walked up and down a 75 yard course of fire to set it all up, dropped down to do five burpees, drew the .40 USPc with heavy LEM and:

Did 15 more burpees.

My Hi-Point and phone were staged at the target so I just reloaded and holstered the HK, walked to the target, slung up, hit the start button, and ran 105 yards. Then threw a 50lb kettlebell 50 yards. And packed it all up to drag another half-mile just to unload again.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Butch Cassidy posted:

Then threw a 50lb kettlebell 50 yards.

Do not gently caress with Butch Cassidy.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Enter the woods, find a friend!

Butch Cassidy posted:

Then threw a 50lb kettlebell 50 yards

Did you spin 2 win that thing or what cause holy poo poo dude

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

No. I stood at the 85 yard line with a slung carbine, ran to the weight at 75, threw it, fired at an 8" plate until one hit from where it landed, and repeated until the kettlebell crossed the 25 yard marker for the final shot.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

This is a cool drill. Pat McNamara would be proud.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

The indoor range at work is shut down for repairs so I ran it dry fire with critical self-assessment on my "hits".

I ran the pistol version in full duty gear. Burpees really suck with a twenty-pound belt and a twenty-pound vest.

I feel like I was able to get four good trigger presses on target with no penalty burpees, but my final time was 1:13.9.

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

poo poo! It looks like I might be running a range this month, so I might actually get a chance to do this one during the lunch break, I am pumped.

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

Even understanding now what he actually did, still,

boxen posted:

Do not gently caress with Butch Cassidy.

Also

flightless greeb posted:

Ugh I want to do a postal match some day but restrictive bay area ranges basically don't even allow rapid fire for the most part let alone any of the other nonsense that always comes up in these lol

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

infrared35 posted:

...I ran the pistol version in full duty gear. Burpees really suck with a twenty-pound belt and a twenty-pound vest...

Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Tyro posted:

...It looks like I might be running a range this month...

Make your people run the Burp A Shot!

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

Butch Cassidy posted:

Make your people run the Burp A Shot!

I'm going to propose it at the instructor's meeting next week, just to have the instructors do it at least. But those bastards only want to do the bare minimum and go home.

infrared35
Jan 12, 2005

border patrol qt

Plaster Town Cop

It turns out that burpees are way easier in street clothes!

Did a live run at the outdoor range. 44.10 seconds, no misses, with the Gen5 Glock 17/TLR-1 and Ameriglo CAP sights.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tyro
Nov 10, 2009

Ran this with two other guys, we all did it at the same time so it was like a race. We didn't time it but we each got 2 misses and it was when we were trying to speed up to be first to finish. Good drill!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tyro fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 12, 2019

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Still need to shoot this with a rifle come the weekend. After which, the month ends.

Anyone have an idea for July? If not, I've got an idea for an untimed handgun thing with a timed variant. Saw a neat rifle target with untimed course of fire, as well.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

I really wish I could have done this one this month, but man, the indoor range just isn't the place. And the outdoor ranges... well, I don't know if you've heard, but we've had a wee bit of rain this past few months here in the Midwest.

"You mean it's been raining all month, Tarlibone?"

Yes. It has. Literally. This week, we might get 4 days in a row with no rain. It'll be the first time that's happened in a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

July match up. Timed and untimed options to get y'all lazy farts to do it up.