Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Is it weird to buy a party plate of shrimp from the market? Should I feel bad about eating prepared shrimp and marinade while alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
What food items should I feel bad about eating if I'm alone? Tell me, gbs.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
To hide this embarrassment from the stuck up cashier. Just buy some party hats and Margarita mix along with it and keep boasting about having a party.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
At least you are not buying beers to drink by yourself like some kinda degenerate

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Is drinking margarita mix while eating a whole plate of shrimp by your lonesome worse or better than the shrimp on it's own?

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret

drilldo squirt posted:

Is drinking margarita mix while eating a whole plate of shrimp by your lonesome worse or better than the shrimp on it's own?

Eh, just use the self-checkout.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Edgar posted:

To hide this embarrassment from the stuck up cashier. Just buy some party hats and Margarita mix along with it and keep boasting about having a party.

I used to do this with huge handles of vodka

Gotta buy the pack of solo cups so the cashier doesn't think you're a drunk. Just a normal cool dude throwing a party on a Tuesday morning.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Colonel Cancer posted:

At least you are not buying beers to drink by yourself like some kinda degenerate

Why is it that buying beer if cool, but as soon as I start buying hard liquor it's a "problem"?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Edgar posted:

Eh, just use the self-checkout.

Self checkout only encourages the market to push the labor costs of checking out onto the customer never use self checkout.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Guy buying a six-pack = wow look at this sad drunk, what a loser, bet he's gonna drink it all in one night and pass out sobbing
Guy buying a 1liter bottle of rum = cool guy, refined tastes, probably a mixologist and his friends love the cocktails!

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I live in Utah, I have to buy my 1750 ML of cheap whiskey/vodka in special state run stores. Where bystanders watch you knowing that you have a problem.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hi deadlypie

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Buddy here in Ontario our government curates and sells booze and it's pretty fucken sweet.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Hey Sid.

Korthal
May 26, 2011

You're terrible for buying precooked shrimp. Just cook it in a pan you wuss.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Why would I make shrimp when I can get pounds of them for cheap precooked and with marinade?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Eat whatever you want dude, the person checking you out at the counter doesn't give the slightest gently caress what you're buying and probably isn't even noticing. Personally I think if you really want a party platter of shrimp all to yourself, but you don't do it because you worry about what others think of you, then you are essentially a victim who's allowing himself to be victimized. You're stronger than that. Enjoy your shrimps.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No different than a bucket of fried chicken, the trick is to not to be disgustingly fat.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Buy the shrimp and eat them

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Eat whatever you want dude, the person checking you out at the counter doesn't give the slightest gently caress what you're buying and probably isn't even noticing. Personally I think if you really want a party platter of shrimp all to yourself, but you don't do it because you worry about what others think of you, then you are essentially a victim who's allowing himself to be victimized. You're stronger than that. Enjoy your shrimps.

What issues are their in eating platter of shrimp and marinade designed for a party by yourself? Are their moral or ethical considerations I should take into account? What about issues of self health? The question isn't if I am physically capable it is if I am making a mistake in doing so.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Tony Snark posted:

No different than a bucket of fried chicken, the trick is to not to be disgustingly fat.

They don't make shrimp buckets, unfortunately.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Those come in different sizes, we'll need a weight in ounces and diameter (assuming circular plastic platter with cocktail sauce tub in the center) in cm

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
If I was given a bucket, of prepared shrimp with maybe a nice layering of marinade on them with the shells removed so I can just shovel them wholesale into my gaping mouth between gulps of air, of course I would be capable of doing so. But should I?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

What issues are their in eating platter of shrimp and marinade designed for a party by yourself? Are their moral or ethical considerations I should take into account? What about issues of self health? The question isn't if I am physically capable it is if I am making a mistake in doing so.

Wiccans may all be fat hippie ladies but "an it harm none, do what thou wilt" is a great way to live one's life. Don't sweat the morals or the ethical questions, there aren't any. The health question is trickier, I dunno what kind of shape you're in, if you normally live a reasonably healthy lifestyle, if you're obese or you have health problems that aren't shrimp related, etc. But in general, I would say as long as you don't make a habit of regularly eating an entire party platter of shrimp, you're probably not going to do any real damage to your health.

Have fun dude. I personally don't care for shrimp but I know a lot of people really love them and I respect that.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

drilldo squirt posted:

If I was given a bucket, of prepared shrimp with maybe a nice layering of marinade on them with the shells removed so I can just shovel them wholesale into my gaping mouth between gulps of air, of course I would be capable of doing so. But should I?

Do suffer from or have a high risk of contracting gout?

If your answer is no proceed to consume those delicious ocean crickets en masse you goddamn beautiful disaster.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
huh that didnt come out right.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Buckets of lukewarm precooked shrimp and marinade, morally wrong or proof of a loving creator?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Nobody gives a gently caress what you’re buying, especially the cashier making minimum wage.

The one exception is if you are buying beer/liquor/shrimp every day at the same place, then they’ll start recognizing you and know you have a problem. Just buy from seven different places on the same day every week and you’ll look a regular schmoe buying booze once a week like a regular person instead of an emotionally crippled alcoholic eating party packed shrimp and rotisserie chickens over the sink.

Master J Plus
Apr 20, 2010

by Hand Knit

Colonel Cancer posted:

Buddy here in Ontario our government curates and sells booze and it's pretty fucken sweet.

So sweet to pay 100% more for booze because the govt has a monopoly

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Op I recommend you get a half gallon of the potato salad of your choice. The deviled egg kind with the red lid is pretty good for packaged potato salad. Eat on that for a weekend out of the original container with a spoon. Put a layer of hot sauce on top and eat until you finish all the stuff that has hot sauce on it. Repeat or put the lid on it and put it back in the fridge.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

You should seek out shrips with the poo canals still in there and eat their poo poo

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just ordered delivery from a sit-down restaurant just for me OP

Shame is for the weak

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Just ask the Shrimpstress at your local Bubba Gump Shrimp Company!

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Nobody gives a gently caress what you’re buying, especially the cashier making minimum wage.

The one exception is if you are buying beer/liquor/shrimp every day at the same place, then they’ll start recognizing you and know you have a problem. Just buy from seven different places on the same day every week and you’ll look a regular schmoe buying booze once a week like a regular person instead of an emotionally crippled alcoholic eating party packed shrimp and rotisserie chickens over the sink.

Just go to the same place every day if it's easier. Who gives a poo poo if the cashiers know or think you have a problem? They see depressed alcoholic and/or fat sad sacks all day every day. What business is it of theirs if you are trying to eat or drink yourself to death.

naem
May 29, 2011

Tony Snark posted:

ocean crickets

land shrimp

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

$50 spot prawn ring

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
OP when you say marinade do you mean cocktail sauce?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Hi :)

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I say shrimp it up, OP. Don't live in fear of that 17 year old cashier's judgment. Shrimp out don't wimp out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Just go to the same place every day if it's easier. Who gives a poo poo if the cashiers know or think you have a problem? They see depressed alcoholic and/or fat sad sacks all day every day. What business is it of theirs if you are trying to eat or drink yourself to death.

Also they're cashiers at a liquor store so