Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Limp Bizkit Good or Bad?
This poll is closed.
Limp Bizkit is cool and I have good taste! 40 26.49%
Limp Bizkit sucks and my tastes are garbage! 43 28.48%
Great another Goku Thread! 68 45.03%
Total: 151 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Necros posted:

i saw them and machine gun kelly in DC years ago. machine gun kelly leaped into the crowd, crowdsurfed away from security trying to pull him out, climbed up to the second floor balcony, caught a mic up there and picked up his verse without missing a beat and it fuckin owned. then a while later he came out on stage in a chicken costume and started humping fred durst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bWgExBLrN8

The guy who had to cancel a show because he got punched in the chest 65 times?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Its amazing how bad popular music got in the late 90s/early 2000s. It wasn't a steady decline; it just fell off of a cliff.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

That one song they did with Scott Weiland was ok

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Kak posted:

Its amazing how bad popular music got in the late 90s/early 2000s. It wasn't a steady decline; it just fell off of a cliff.

Clear channel and the big labels still had a chokehold over what was played on the radio, and the lesson they learned from the 70s-80s was that if you bet big on real artists and give them money and creative control theyll just make a bunch of edgy music that will turn Christian moms against you and then die embarrassingly with the new album unfinished. They thought they could use their monopoly power to just turn all music into inoffensive, uninspired noise that pays just as well if theres nothing else on the market. Thank God for napster

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Kak posted:

Angry/edgy music from that era really does have the double misfortune of having been both crappy at the time and utterly embarrassing in retrospect.

Now that we're all living in Hellworld, we can remember all the white dudes with frosted tips and lovely tats yelling about something or other and think, "holy christ, what did we even have back then to be so angry about?"

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Lol at posting "what did we have to be angry about in the 90s" at a Marxist forum

90s were poo poo, 00s were poo poo, 10s were poo poo, see the theme?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Anyhow I was a Manson fan :smuggo:

chinese hair cave
Aug 23, 2017

by Cyrano4747
Used to tear up the dirt roads listening to Rollin and Nookie back in the day. poo poo ruled

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I was a huge Limp Bizkit fan in middle school. I wore the backwards red Yankee's hat everywhere and would always be listening to their songs. Its actually where my username came from. A friend of mine told me since I'm from Wisconsin and love Limp Bizkit my new nickname is Limp Cheese.

That was 15 years ago and Ive been using it online ever since. Its unique enough that throughout all these years I've only found a few instances when that name was taken on websites.

Thank you Kendrick, you were an amzing bro. I will always fondly remember your rants about how snow is racist because its not black.

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

waka owns live too. dude is always jumping into the first few rows and starting poo poo.

Chief McHeath posted:

The guy who had to cancel a show because he got punched in the chest 65 times?

i see youre familiar with his work

Necros fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 25, 2019

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Skypie posted:

they might be bad but "Behind Blue Eyes" is a masterpiece and they don't get enough credit for it. Underrated song of the early 2000s, imo

It's not how good they made the song, it's how much worse it is than the original.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I did it all to provide for my family

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Nah.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

limp_cheese posted:

I was a huge Limp Bizkit fan in middle school. I wore the backwards red Yankee's hat everywhere and would always be listening to their songs. Its actually where my username came from. A friend of mine told me since I'm from Wisconsin and love Limp Bizkit my new nickname is Limp Cheese.

That was 15 years ago and Ive been using it online ever since. Its unique enough that throughout all these years I've only found a few instances when that name was taken on websites.

Thank you Kendrick, you were an amzing bro. I will always fondly remember your rants about how snow is racist because its not black.

That's the worst origin story I've ever heard.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

YeahTubaMike posted:

"boiler" is an underrated song

:agreed:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Loden Taylor posted:

Now that we're all living in Hellworld, we can remember all the white dudes with frosted tips and lovely tats yelling about something or other and think, "holy christ, what did we even have back then to be so angry about?"
Someone here once described Nu-Metal as a bunch of guys who couldn't invoke the 70s-80s metal of their dads who beat on them, so they had to come up with their own sound.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

limp_cheese posted:

Awesome.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Gold Cobra is a good album.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Skypie posted:

they might be bad but "Behind Blue Eyes" is a masterpiece and they don't get enough credit for it. Underrated song of the early 2000s, imo

i was one of those kids who hated modern rock and only listened to classic rock, and when that came out it was the focus of many rants about how much 90s and 00s rock sucked.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Rubellavator posted:

i was one of those kids who hated modern rock and only listened to classic rock, and when that came out it was the focus of many rants about how much 90s and 00s rock sucked.

Same.

When all my friends were listening to grunge I was really into Jethro Tull.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Limp Bizkit are completely terrible, and no one outside of Millennials with middle school nostalgia even care about them in the first place.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Rad-daddio posted:

Same.

When all my friends were listening to grunge I was really into Jethro Tull.

Get a load of this guy

Oooo wa ah ah ah

foonykins
Jun 15, 2010

stop with the small talk

Keith Atherton posted:

Break Stuff video has:

Jonathan Davis from Korn
Dr. Dre
Snoop Dogg
Eminem
Pauly Shore

https://youtu.be/ZpUYjpKg9KY

I might be going nuts but I couldve sworn I saw Chino from Deftones in one of those shots

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Gold Cobra is a good album.

Agreed. It’s the album that should have followed chocolate starfish.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

foonykins posted:

I might be going nuts but I couldve sworn I saw Chino from Deftones in one of those shots

If you can already identify Deftones people by name, let alone face, you have already gone nuts.

RunawayPantleg
Jul 2, 2007

hhhehehe

Grape posted:

If you can already identify Deftones people by name, let alone face, you have already gone nuts.

I mean, Deftones are objectively the best band to come out of that era

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

RunawayPantleg posted:

I mean, Deftones are objectively the best band to come out of that era

*opens big book of Low Expectations jokes*

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

limp_cheese posted:

:yikes:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I remember that era. If you didn't have a limp bizkit or Linkin park album :getout:
Seriously, everybody had those albums when I was in school

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Yep. It is simultaneously true that Nu-Metal is terrible, and that it was everywhere at the time and not strange to have been into it.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Everyone eventually found at least one Nu-Metal track they liked as a guilty pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FEDrU85FLE

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

The best thing about the Nu Metal era was that anyone could buy a $200 guitar, tune it to drop D and then play basically every song on the radio with like 2 weeks of practice.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

mind the walrus posted:

Everyone eventually found at least one Nu-Metal track they liked as a guilty pleasure.

This was mine. :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLQs0OrHiPY

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I was more of a Papa Roach kinda guy

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Woah I had a hankering to listen to the Urban Assault Vehicle remix of Rollin' (featuring Redman, Method Man, and DMX) earlier this week!

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

what about tenacious d

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

what about tenacious d?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

RobattoJesus posted:

The best thing about the Nu Metal era was that anyone could buy a $200 guitar, tune it to drop D and then play basically every song on the radio with like 2 weeks of practice.

Most nu metal bands tuned their guitars lower than drop d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Chief McHeath posted:

I was more of a Papa Roach kinda guy

One of my high school friends was a roadie for them. The lead singer liked to take my friend’s phone and take pictures of his dick. There were at least 100. That was bizarre.