Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"
Anyone know what "Response" does in the options menu?

I passed the Playpen area and the first mission. Neat game. It feels like a homebrew game, tough as hell but charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

It was less a double jump and more a long jump across a two block gap...or at the very least that's what I thought it wanted me to do

This was posted awhile ago but I just passed this mission (2-1). You have to position Max as close to the edge as possible, without falling off, of the square you're jumping off. It's really easy once you figure it out.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Thanks for for the explanation! I'm going to try low next time because I keep accidentally pressing the diagonals.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Back of the box is here:

http://www.jonritman.f2s.com/games/max/bcover.jpg

Btw, missions 3-2 and 3-3 are tough...

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

I liked Cave Noire. It's a roguelike made by Konami. It was only released in Japan but it's very english friendly. There is a translation patch available if you are using a flashcart or emulation though.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Donkey Kong is really fun. I wonder how many people passed up on it thinking it was a standard arcade port.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

This month was very busy for me, so I couldn't put much time into DK as I would have liked. However, what little I did play was fantastic.

The game felt like a proper sequel to the original arcade game. I love the moveset, so many options and it controlled great. Contrasted with Monster Max, which had a very (intentionally) restrictive moveset, DK was a huge improvement over it's controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

I really love the more intimate, less epic, feeling of Link's Awakening.

For anyone playing the DX version, make sure to explore around the beach when Marin follows you. There's a couple of neat pictures you unlock that most people miss out on.