Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

I would like to draw a dinosaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

I really wanted to get this done before the weekend.

This chompy boi is a rubber linocut print with water based ink on mixed fiber printmaking paper.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

readingatwork posted:

That is a very good dinosaur.

Thank you!

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

Thanks! I really enjoy working on rubber more than normal lino when I can afford it.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

thrashingteeth posted:

Feels a bit pointless adding this in after that amazing t rex lino. SAVAGE IT.
The colours got a bit weird in the photo, need to invest in a scanner.

What medium is this, it's really beautiful.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

That's awesome, hand colored prints are really cool.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

Thanks so much for the kind words everyone - I have been dealing with a lot of inactivity and inability to get going with my work this past year (!!) I've been in quarantine. Oh, also for the dimensions, this plate is 6.5"x9".

I apologize for the delay (dealing with family stuff today) but here is my thought for the next prompt:

The Rainforest
Anything that comes to mind - the plants, the animals, the atmosphere... what have you. All are fair game for this challenge.

Date to announce participation: March 15th
Date to submit your piece: March 31st

hallo spacedog fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 11, 2021

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

Since it is past the deadline to throw your hat into the ring - just wanted to post a quick reminder to everyone that we have the following participants who have thrown their hat into the rings for The Rainforest:

Doll House Ghost
bobthenameless
Spectral Elvis
thrashingteeth
void_serfer
Tree Bucket
Sitting Here
Krispy Wafer

Let me know if I missed anyone! Looking forward for the entries due 11:59pm on 3/31/21.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

It's both neat and extremely adorable.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

Just a reminder that it's the 31st!

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

Thanks to everyone who was able to participate this month!

Tree Bucket posted:

Okay, this is super gimmicky, but I wanted to give it a shot: a stereoscopic/magic eye thingy! If you don't get it at first, let your eyes unfocus so that you can see four rainforest froggies, then slowly bring them back into focus until two of the frogs overlap.

I absolutely love this, the image is really cute and I dig the neat textures and variety of colors. The gimmick is fun too and it's cool you were able to include it. Funny enough it's really easy for me to see on the phone but not as much on desktop.

Doll House Ghost posted:

The Long Rain.

Affinity Designer (recommended, if you want to gently caress around with vector and pixel at the same time).

This is absolutely gorgeous, from the meandering patterns which remind me a bit of rivers and water to the ghostly figures in the background. It's a really incredibly atmospheric piece. The colors are just lovely.

Krispy Wafer posted:

I had a tougher time than I expected with this one.

Is this all digital? I feel like you have a real knack for capturing the feel of something hand drawn in a digital media which I envy. Love the expression and the little details like the ant on the branch etc.

void_serfer posted:

Went with color this time!

This is really dynamic and fun to look at. It gives a feel for the rushing of the water and the various plants in the underbrush, for things lurking there. I also like how you captured the light coming through the canopy as well.

To those who weren't able to make it this month, no worries! There is always next month.

With that said - choosing a winner is really hard but I think I am going to choose Doll House Ghost as I really love the feeling and atmosphere they captured in their piece this time. Seeing it on desktop added a lot for me as well.
Once again, thanks so much for everyone who participated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me

Hell yes, I am so in for gods etc! Have been on a shin megami tensei kick so this should be really fun.