Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Alright, I'll make this babbys first artdome entry.

I have a stupid scene in my head that needs to get out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Oh goddamn it, I forgot.

Still gonna try though.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Calling this one American Cybergothic

Linocut print using oil ink on mulberry paper. Sorry for the photo instead of a scan -- it's very much not dry in the least, so a scanner is a no-go.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Tree Bucket posted:

Well, you wouldn't want to run wet ink through a scanner! All that ink would be lost, like tears in rain. It needs time to dry.

There's no big enough!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Oh wow -- thank you! I really appreciate the kind words and feedback, esp. when all the other entries kicked absolute rear end. It feels great to hear when I land on something others liked.

That said... I now realize I pretty much cheated, even though I didn't mean to. Hell, void_serfer actually said that using Blade Runner was a "cheat code." It just happened that the phrase "American Cybergothic" popped into my head as I was browsing the thread and welp.

Anyway, the rules clearly say no fanart, and what I put up is definitely fanart. That's on me and my failure to read the OP fully, so I'll happily give this one up if the judge/mods wants me to and do better next time.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

I'm glad that y'all were understanding of my screwup

Tempted for the new prompt as well, I'd just need to think of something that wouldn't result in an "it's a car " outcome.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

HeartArt posted:

Edit: do any of you participate in the Discord group Art goons’ art dome challenges as well? Or is that an entirely separate affair? I may pop back and forth in both.

I almost entirely lurk in the Discord but thought about joining the artdome there. The turnaround there feels quicker though, and since I work in linocut only it's tough for me to align inspiration and time to cut and print. My entry here was kind of a rush job in itself, only accomplished because I had a weekend completely empty of other stuff.

But yeah, if I were any good in other mediums, I'd probably give the Discord 'domes a shot. The themes are fun in both places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Holy poo poo, you got that level of detail on rubber? Amazing work!