Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Count me in! Been exploring Clip Studio Paint's tools and this seems like a great opportunity to try things out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
The Queen of Mars calls to me ...

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Sedgr posted:

https://youtu.be/vdkP9rM4olM

End result:

Is it worthwhile to do? I would do more if people like them. Takes a bit of time to get it together but I don't mind it.

Very nifty. Only thing that stands out to me as not being polished is the fonts; the bottom one has a weird, "cheap" look to hit that I cannot quite put my finger on but I feel the hazy effect behind it doesn't do enough of a job to make it look like a good fit for the image. Also, the smaller text font looks really pixely, which doesn't help.

The modeling and background are really nice though, you definitely nailed a sweet scifi book look.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Well then I hope you don't mind if I can't submit until like ... uh ... in 2 weeks? :v: I'm super into this theme but I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and of course ten more things piled up that I need to get done beforehand so those sadly have to come first.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Oh yea I was just responding to what Sedgr said about wanting to give out a few lines of crit regardless. I'm definitely not looking to enter "officially" when I'd be so late. I just like the theme, really, and am miffed that I got busier than I wanted.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Keetron posted:

With English being my second language I cannot participate in the coming challenge, unless someone can point me to a list or something?

I'd say look up a list of English idioms, turns of phrases or metaphors and look up what they mean, while also looking at what the words mean literally. For instance, phrases like "having a few screws loose" both means you're not quite right in the head but since it uses the object of screws, it can be read as literally meaning you got loose screws that need some tightening.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Ah heck, sign me up, chief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Loving all the entries! I'm really miffed I didn't end up submitting anything - Was going to, but then health poo poo happened. Barf. Hopefully next time!