Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HeartArt
Oct 25, 2020

New to the forums, but I’d love to join this prompt!

Edit: I read the rules, but I may need a little help with this first challenge. Do people submit on a rolling basis or does everyone post on the due date? Had a bit of a time trying to figure that from past posts. Any other advice is welcome!

HeartArt fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeartArt
Oct 25, 2020

there wolf posted:

You can post your submission any time between end of signup and the due-date. If you post early but end up doing some more edits, we're pretty chill about you resubmitting the new version as long as you tell us which one you want judged so there's no confusion. It's not a cut-throat competition at all, so as long as you aren't chronically blowing off deadlines you're probably not going to run afoul of anything. Also little image/photo editing to shine up your piece is always a good idea, particularly if it's not already digital and you're relying on a photo of it.

And thanks for taking the jump and signing up, both here and in the forums in general. It's great to have new people.

Thanks a lot!

HeartArt
Oct 25, 2020

Here is my 11/15 submission, “Death in the Garden”. Drawn in Procreate.

HeartArt
Oct 25, 2020

Ha! That would make him so much cooler

HeartArt
Oct 25, 2020

there wolf posted:

Disqualified for using Procreate in a death themed contest. Just kidding

It’s the circle of life, maaaaan

HeartArt
Oct 25, 2020

Doll House Ghost posted:

Congratulations void_serfer and thanks there wolf for a really nice challenge and critique!

I second this. Had a lot of fun!

HeartArt
Oct 25, 2020

I’m in for the next one! Drawing my SA name in a more detailed fashion will be fun.

Edit: do any of you participate in the Discord group Art goons’ art dome challenges as well? Or is that an entirely separate affair? I may pop back and forth in both.

HeartArt fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 15, 2020

HeartArt
Oct 25, 2020

Ran outta time on this one, but wanted to do something artsy fartsy and I did, so success!
Medium: procreate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HeartArt
Oct 25, 2020

Tree Bucket posted:

Welcome once again to-

After spending an embarrassingly long time agonising over this, and fretting over how to resolve a kind of multi-way tie, we can announce that the winner of the first ArtDome for 2021 is Truman Peyote. They have given us a true "front cover" image: something striking, amusing and sincere, that prompts us to ask: I wonder what's next?

Thanks very much for the thoughtful critique! Congrats to the winner too