Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Will Be AEW Champion?
This poll is closed.
Jericho 101 40.24%
Hang Man 91 36.25%
Omega 10 3.98%
Mox 49 19.52%
Total: 251 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Drew McIntyre posted:

drat you probate that guy and then reply to his post in a sincere and friendly manner. you're a killer

I know we're not supposed to talk about probations but the one on the "I'm not paying and I'm not watching!" guy earlier was ice cold. :lol:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The first promo he cut on Seth was legit money and the moment he became My Dude.

God I have so many mixed feelings right now. It saddens me that they really shackled him that much and yet I don't hate WWE and much as everyone wants me to, I'm not going to. There are things about it I hate but I don't want to hate it. Hate is such an ugly emotion and I wish we didn't have to see so much of it.

I went to Raw in 2016 right after he won the belt. He was the most over guy on the show, next to Cena. The dude had crowds eating out of his hand. It's insanely frustrating to think about all the times they could've really seized on what they had with him and they didn't, it's also frustrating to think that if Roman didn't get sick, you might've seen Ambrose main eventing Wrestlemania. But the idea of Omega and Moxley mixing it up is so insanely exciting to me. Ambrose is the guy I fell in love with right after I started watching wrestling and Omega is the guy I fell in love with after WWE started to get really frustrating to keep up with...mostly because of their refusal to get behind Ambrose. And now they're in the same company and there's real money and a real platform and real creative momentum and freedom behind them and I'm really really excited. I really hope Moxley in AEW is everything you want it to be, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

But for real, DoN is the first American wrestling show since Mania XXX to make me feel the way that Dragon Gate does, so I'm definitely super into whatever AEW does next.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I cant agree with the first thing because like the last NXT takeover was like one of the greatest shows of all time too.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I haven't been able to care about NXT since the endless mediocre Owens/Balor feud killed all my interest in it.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
I worked until 9:30, walked down the street to catch a Tame Impala set at a festival, then went to a birthday party and got home at 1:30. I had four beers in my fridge so I ordered a pizza and decided to eat the $60 and watch Double or Nothing. It's 4:15 in the morning and I'm not at all disappointed in the choices I've made tonight.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Look folks the AEW vs WWE war is real and we must all side with our new woke Kings. But be nice to Samurai Foochs, let him Be The Elite.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's a perfectly valid discussion. What's not is "if you don't summarily denounce WWE out of hand you love racism, pedophilia, and rape".

Exactly. There’s plenty to discuss, enjoy and also critique without having to jump to over the top nonsense aimed at people who just want to enjoy wrestling. Tonight was a great night of wrestling that has created opportunities for excitement for the viewers and employment AND job satisfaction for the wrestlers, there is no need to get aggressive and accusatory at posters because they would like things to be that way in WWE too.

Sugar Blaster posted:

I worked until 9:30, walked down the street to catch a Tame Impala set at a festival, then went to a birthday party and got home at 1:30. I had four beers in my fridge so I ordered a pizza and decided to eat the $60 and watch Double or Nothing. It's 4:15 in the morning and I'm not at all disappointed in the choices I've made tonight.

:hai:

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Aside from the 1992 Royal Rumble has there been any Battle Royal that wasn't a complete boring clusterfuck?

MJF is a heel I am very ready to hate. It's gonna be good.

edit:
oh cool little character bit I forgot about. Kylie giving a goofy wave to Brandi when everyone thought she was inserting herself into the match was awesome.

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 09:48 on May 26, 2019

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cody and Dustin had a southern blood match in 2019 and I'm still amazed I saw it

I thought that style was dead but it's back thanks to my new throne smashing overlord

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Oh also all the ex-LU guys were great.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wrestling is loving great, you guys. My pop when Moxley showed up, holy poo poo.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I like professional wrestling and I think AEW Double or Nothing was very cool and good.

Jon Moxley vs. Omega is going to be a tremendous feud.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

this one is better because you get the murmur and squealing as the crowd starts to see him

https://twitter.com/brlive/status/1132493956875526149
i love Jericho so much, preening around as if the god pop is for him

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Tonight I witnessed history firsthand and it was more incredible than my wildest hopes.

I'm just... So very happy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm more excited for MOX/Jericho than anything else because Old Man Jericho can get his crazy poo poo in and we can still have callbacks to the thumbtack spot + even more violence and the lack of lovely producers putting on a WWE match

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Look folks the AEW vs WWE war is real and we must all side with our new woke Kings. But be nice to Samurai Foochs, let him Be The Elite.

I sincerely don't know if you're coming to my defense or mocking me but I'm leaning towards the latter but I appreciate the subtlety even if that's the case. :)

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Chuckie T yelling that no one kicks out of the falcon arrow mid match was my favorite little thing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

RealFoxy posted:

I'm more excited for MOX/Jericho than anything else because Old Man Jericho can get his crazy poo poo in and we can still have callbacks to the thumbtack spot + even more violence and the lack of lovely producers putting on a WWE match

all of the aew producers are ex wwe producers.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Let me buy the song, AEW/DDT AYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

(That's also how I feel after that show. So well done, now let's see how they plan on building to the fall...)

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Was super great to be there live. The energy in the arena was through the roof.

And thanks StoneCold 64 for the Tropicana parking tip! That really saved us as our hotel was half an hour away from the strip.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

all of the aew producers are ex wwe producers.
But they're not WWE matches produced for Vince McMahon

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I sincerely don't know if you're coming to my defense or mocking me but I'm leaning towards the latter but I appreciate the subtlety even if that's the case. :)

MassRafTer is a kind soul so he's coming to your defense.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I can't believe the emotion at the end of Cody vs Dustin. Not a dry eye in the house.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

forkboy84 posted:

I can't believe the emotion at the end of Cody vs Dustin. Not a dry eye in the house.

Especially not Dustin's :gonk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

forkboy84 posted:

Cody breaking on the last line of his promo :cry:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If they learnt anything tonight I hope its to never do the national anthem again

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Byolante posted:

If they learnt anything tonight I hope its to never do the national anthem again

They should do the national anthem of the country that held John Moxley prisoner

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Byolante posted:

Have Billy Bragg sing The Internationale every show

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Taintrunner posted:

They should do the national anthem of the country that held John Moxley prisoner
They did.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

forkboy84 posted:

Have Billy Bragg sing The Internationale every show

Somehow we found a worse option than the toneless warblings of a lib

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the battle royal and that librarian crap was loving awful

all the rest was good to excelent

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Didn’t watch these minor league marks but it sounds like a good show.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I only watched some of that show but what I saw was good. It's as if they were setting up WWE-style swerves only to do actual good swerves. Like Brandi being in ring gear and then bringing out Awesome Kong was pretty cool. Wish I didn't have to work at 6am this morning or I'd have stayed up for the whole thing.

e: lmao at Cody figuratively destroying Triple H and Mox getting a Jesus pop owns

bradzilla fucked around with this message at 13:23 on May 26, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Byolante posted:

every country should just pretend the Soviet anthem is about them. no one outside of the former USSR knows the words anyway

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The national anthem is good and perfectly acceptable to be played on Memorial Day weekend.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
dude our anthem is the dirt worst. if it’s going to be a regular thing at least shoot the moon and get that terrible Egyptian military band to do it

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I think this AEW thing might be good.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Haven’t had a chance to watch the show yet but I’m glad all my friends in the AEW thread are so hyped about it. I guess PAC and various visa issues weren’t such a big deal after all.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I waffled at paying $50, but I'm glad I ponied up and read the live thread here while watching it. I haven't felt this way about wrestling for a long time.

I'm also probably one of the biggest Cody haters on SA and that match was MOTN for me easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
This was amazing...

I have watched less and less wrestling over the last couple of years because of Vince's bullshit and if this show is a glimpse of the things to come I will mark hard for AEW.

Cody/Dustin was incredible and a perfect example how to get a satisfying finish for a story arc and perfectly weave it into a new arc. Cody's voice cracking at the last sentence, with tears in his eyes, was one of the best wrestling moments of the last decade.

Plenty of young talent, not suffocated by asinine management and writing decisions. Older stars like Jericho who shine again as bright as ever. It was almost liberating and felt as if this company is giving their talent some breathing room, see Moxley deeply inhaling the atmosphere while standing on the ropes.

If some of the most misused former WWE stars, become a cornerstone for WWE's fall......what a beautiful case of karmic justice that would be.

I want more of this.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 26, 2019