Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

The devs will tell you the art style is based on old Soviet animations rather than the works of Eyvind Earle

Maybe, but it'd have to be some damned obscure animations, because I can't think of anything similar offhand.

The FAQ on the game's website states that one of the writers is going to release a novel based on the game / gameworld, and given the state of the Russian fantasy market, I can confidently state the prose was probably terrible in the original version as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'm pretty sure "strike him" means "hack his head off".

Stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirike!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

: You mentioned captives. What happened to them? I heard screams and saw smoke rising.

: All dead. None were spared-not children, nor the elders.
Mixed up portraits.

Kill Reet

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

Vai's been hanging around the menhir and not the pile of women corpses across the bridge. I can update the update with this if you feel it's needed, I have to go back and fix :words: anyway.
That's so freaking bizarre. I was 100% convinced that's the protagonist questioning Vai, following up on:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The options thus far:

1. The game is terrible about explaining who the gently caress all these people are and how they relate to each other. Part of it may or may not be a terrible translation / "it's all explained in my supplemental novel, which I'm going to assume people read for some reason".

2. Having played the game before, the LPer doesn't really notice when the game runs ahead of itself and throws out names and concepts at though we're supposed to know who the gently caress these people are.

3. I'm not paying attention.

Gonna go with "all of the above" here.