Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird.

feel like crabs have a bad rap and get judged before they even let you get to know them

• people say you're 'crabby' when you're angry
• that picture of a crab smoking a cigarette
• the tiny ones that live in pubic hair, have the same name as normal crabs
• mr. crabs, the spongebob character, is kind've a greedy jerk

need to come up with a new crab brand, to help our crab friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

I tried my best

bird.

what is we called crabs "dag", like a mix between dog and dad, both very popular and warm characters

Stoner Sloth

BrownianMotion posted:

what is we called crabs "dag", like a mix between dog and dad, both very popular and warm characters

wouldn't fly in Australia mate - a "dag" can be used as a mild insult, colloquially meaning someone who is uncool sort of equivalent of "dork", though it actually means the bit of wool on the hindquarters of sheep that needed to be cut off because it gets covered and matted in dried sheep poo poo.

Stoner Sloth fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 27, 2019

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Resting Lich Face

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

BrownianMotion posted:

j'ya like dags?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

what if we call them salty sea dogs

little seamen

pinchybois

alnilam

Ocean Shieldsmen

Stoner Sloth

crobbo's

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Finger Prince

Clampos
Tonghands
Sidewalkers
Mudsifters

Farecoal

There he go
crabs are actually regular-sized friends

Lestamore
the old brand is literally cancer, so I can see why update is needed.

I think a new brand should focus on:

they’re omnivores... not picky eaters
they walk and swim sideways... very jazzy
they feel and remember pain... relatable

bird.

Lestamore posted:

lol

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Lestamore posted:

sad dancer of the deep

bird.

Lestamore posted:

actually these are all really good points -- really like the jazzy walk this is something we can use to change their image

the crab should be holding something, we should write over that image everyone has in their mind of a crab being all rebel and smoking a cigarette by having them hold something warm and friendly

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
of course disney didn't help by perpetuating the stereotype of 'the evil glam rock crab' in moana, either

Stoner Sloth

Duke Snippington(s) - plays up the jazz angle plus makes them seem well connected and societally approved

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Stoner Sloth posted:

Duke Snippington(s) - plays up the jazz angle plus makes them seem well connected and societally approved

Sounds like they smoke the devil's lettuce

Stoner Sloth

hamjobs posted:

Sounds like they smoke the devil's lettuce

:hai: litte :420: buddies of the sea

google THIS

Hugh Malone posted:

of course disney didn't help by perpetuating the stereotype of 'the evil glam rock crab' in moana, either

And Sebastian perpetuated the stereotype that crabs have no chill, even when they're Jamaican.

Lestamore
Sebastian is technically a lobster. but obviously he isn’t doing crustaceans any favors overall.

FutonForensic

"hermit crab" doesn't play well with today's recluse-hating society. what if we called them "Tiny House Crabs"

google THIS

FutonForensic posted:

"hermit crab" doesn't play well with today's recluse-hating society. what if we called them "Tiny House Crabs"

Shell-flipping crab

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FutonForensic posted:

:agreed:

bird.

what about calling them brac(s)? some positivies:

•its an anagram of crab
•reminds people of the popular late night tv show host, Brak, and his summer jams album (10/.10)
•"brace for bracs" lol or alternatively "brac braces" braces with tiny bracs on them

Manifisto

crac (crab evolved)
fabs
crads (because they are rad) - hmm perhaps cRADs to emphasize the "rad"
scuttlin' puppykittens

ty nesamdoom!

Stoner Sloth

FutonForensic posted:

Manifisto posted:

crac (crab evolved)
fabs
crads (because they are rad) - hmm perhaps cRADs to emphasize the "rad"
scuttlin' puppykittens

I like fabs

but I think scuttle puppies is the way to go

Goons Are Gifts

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

vanisher posted:

I tried my best

Click the crab for an adventure!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Let's call them

Carbs

Surely no one will ever demonize them now!!!

Stoner Sloth

cross posted from crab thread:

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

hamjobs posted:

Let's call them

Carbs

Surely no one will ever demonize them now!!!

super sweet best pal

I thought Crab Rave made them popular.

vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Thanks, Dr. Crab!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

T*ump Doctor Crab Cake

vanisher

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

alnilam

ty manifisto

Manifisto

Goons Are Gifts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I trust them with my grandma, and I've never been happier.