Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Most Recent Mission Start: Dead Last
Most Recent Update: Dead Last Turn 3

Harlech City
Outreach
1 January 3039
0000L

POP!

"Congratulations on another successful payday, everyone!" The bottle of champagne in Commander Stennis's hands bubbled as cheerfully as the rest of the room felt, a heartfelt if not particularly loud cheer echoing across the too-large hangar. "That sweet, sweet wad of cash in escrow just cleared. Your shares should be hitting your personal accounts any minute now. Don't spend it all in one place. You've also all got 48 hours of liberty starting.... right now." A larger, louder cheer. "By the time you all get back we should have the next group of contracts ready to pick from."

Harlech City
Outreach
3 January 3039
0852L

Commander Stennis waved the last stragglers from the past couple days' revelry back into the over-large hangar. "That everyone? I see all the Mech jocks, Techs... Hey Brandon! You got all your guys here?" The head of the company's single infantry squad signaled back an okay. "Alright, close enough. Anybody misses it they had their chance to weigh in." He clears his throat, and clicks a button. A crudely erected sheet of canvas dances to light with the details of the past couple days' work from the Admin staff. "Staff" meaning Stennis and the not-officially-second-in-command-but-absolutely-second-in-command Lieutenant Nosek. She insisted on being called by her first name, Aria, but the commander either didn't care or didn't remember.

"We got three of 'em on our plates. Two of 'em are raids - one's to destroy some materiel or other just the other side of the Combine border. Intel on that one is pretty sketchy, we have no idea what the expected defense could be, but it looks like the target is a private concern. Normally I'd call that a cakewalk, but if you own private property in the Combine - property someone wants raided - you've got enough weight to throw around to hire us in the first place. Contract issuer claims to be a Lyran merchant on the wrong end of a bad deal. Even a cursory background check told us that who this guy's claiming to be doesn't exist. Smart money is on a rival merchant in DC territory, dark horse candidate is somebody in ISF who finds "death to mercenaries" really inconvenient. Dead last but still on the board is insurance fraud. We'll have the betting pool up before we leave if this one gets picked. Not a bad rate, transport's taken care of even though it's just a couple jumps from here. Salvage is whatever we can carry out - that isn't what we're hired to go in and destroy. BLC's nil because apparently cooking your books is easier if you're on a budget that isn't going to change.

"Number two is another raid, but it's strictly recon. And by "recon" I mean "figure out who's defending and then get out". Not our normal cup of tea but the issuer's paying big for this one. Officially it's some Lyran merchant, unofficially I think it's some enterprising middle officer in the LCAF trying to figure out where the most attractive raid in force target is. Base pay is great, BLC is better than average. Salvage is nil, because with the timeframe this contract demands we'd be on-site for... a day and a half, tops. Not nearly enough to get any kind of decent salvage ops going. Something tells me I doubt we can drag a 'Mech off the field with what we'd be bringing anyway. Maybe some spare guns if an arm comes off? Transport likewise covered, and it's even closer than the first. There's even a bonus for any defending 'Mechs we can down after we establish contact. That's all the good news. The bad news is, we have absolutely no idea what expected forces on-planet are. Nil. Far as we can tell, there isn't one, but that can't be right, this planet is barely a jump from the border. That doesn't sit well with me, and clearly it doesn't sit very well with our potential employer. It's January 3rd now, and they want us to be able to report back on mission results by March 27th. Transit time to station is a hair under 61 days, then it's 18 and a half back to FedSuns space. That's 80 days, minimum, and the deadline is already only 83 days away. We'd have less than two days to figure out who's defending and in what strength. Tough one, but the pay... well, you'll see for yourselves.

"Last but not least, we've got a real interesting one. Missing persons contract, search and rescue. Once again, not really our thing, but this one's got a couple interesting hitches to it. Pay's alright, but it's half up-front, half once we find the persons or their remains. You've all been doing this long enough to know that half up-front is insane and I have no idea what's possessed the contract issuer to think it's a good idea here. Enemy presence is unknown, expected to be zero. BLC's not gonna be great, either, but our expected damage on this is low. What the hell's going to engage us, a stray dog? That's all a little bit weird, but the really interesting part is where we're going. Transport's fully covered by way of the contract issuer having a jumpship and dropship captain already lined up, which is a good thing because I have no idea where the gently caress this place is. It's not on my charts. Contract location says "Federated Suns" and it's six jumps from here. That's all I have to go on. Anybody else hear of "Waycross" before?"

New Contracts Generated!
Contracts generated: 3

Dead Last
Mission Type: Objective Raid
Employer: Berthold Kristoffson (Lyran Commonwealth civilian, alias)
Command Rights: Independent

Overhead: None
Transport: 100%
Salvage Rights: 100%
BLC: 0%
Pay upon contract completion: 2,250,000 c-bills

Expected Enemy Strength: Somewhere between a Lance and Company of personal guard.

Ghost Hunting
Mission Type: Recon Raid
Employer: Harrison Sharp (Lyran Commonwealth civilian, alias)

Salvage Rights: ???
BLC: 75%
Pay upon contract completion: 4,000,000 c-bills
Bonus opportunity: 250,000 c-bills per downed defending 'Mech, if any

Expected Enemy Strength: Unknown

Renegade
Mission Type: Search and Rescue
Employer: Sebastiana Cristali (Federated Suns Civilian)

Salvage Rights: ???
BLC: 0%
Up-front pay: 1,500,000 c-bills
Pay upon contract completion: 1,500,000 c-bills

Expected Enemy Strength: ???

-----------------------------------------------------------

Current MechWarrior roster:
MW Rudiger Namni (Defiance Industries) - Regular (Gunnery 4/ Piloting 5)
MW Flavius Aetass (Flavius Aetass) - Regular (Gunnery 4/ Piloting 5)
CPT Redmond Killpack (Ardlen) - Regular (Gunnery 4/ Piloting 5)
MW Karis Incheon (Horsebanger) - Regular (Gunnery 4/ Piloting 5)
MW Maya Vaideh (Pussy Cartel) - Regular (Gunnery 4/ Piloting 5)
MW Alex Donovan (SirFozzie) - Regular (Gunnery 4/ Piloting 5)
MW Philippe Le Sueur (SolusLunes) - Regular (Gunnery 4/ Piloting 5)
LT Alana Szabo (Mukiakubo) - Regular (Gunnery 4/ Piloting 5)

Hangar:
Marauder MAD-3R, piloted by CPT Redmond Killpack
Archer ARC-2R, piloted by MW Rudiger Namni
Guillotine GLT-4L, piloted by MW Flavius Aetass
Thunderbolt TDR-5SE, piloted by MW Alex Donovan
Wolverine WVR-6R, piloted by MW Karis Incheon
Centurion CN9-A, piloted by MW Philippe Le Sueur
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1, piloted by MW Maya Vaideh
Phoenix Hawk PXH-1, piloted by LT Alana Szabo

Inventory/Spare Parts/Equipment:
5 tons Machine Gun Ammo (1000)
10 tons AC/10 Ammo (100)
10 tons AC/5 Ammo (200)
10 tons LRM-20 Ammo (60)
5 tons LRM-10 Ammo (60)
5 tons SRM-6 Ammo (75)
5 tons SRM-4 Ammo (125)
50 tons Armor (Standard) (800)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the BattleTech Play-by-Post Mercenary campaign! Those of you who are playing know who you are, but are included on the roster anyway for clarity's sake. Since I'm currently in charge of all the NPCs, and I don't want to have jack poo poo to do with which flavor of doom contract you pick for yourselves, it'll be a straight up vote. In the case of a tie, the lowest voted option will be dropped and the vote will be conducted again. If you somehow managed to get a three-way tie with 8 people I'm chucking this computer out the window and giving up. At present, everyone has one vote.

I would like everyone to vote in the next week or so so I can start doing up maps and whatnot. Please feel encouraged to discuss publicly among yourselves here. While this will not be the OOC chatter thread, anything that your characters actually might have said is encouraged to be aired here.

(No bonus points for figuring out what each of the contract titles are referencing)

Player waiting list:
anakha
CourValant
jng2058
Leith Maclaine
wedgekree
AJ_Impy
Darius099

Strobe fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Well. That first one sounds like Dracs shooting Dracs, so... I'm all for it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

"I'd rather take the engagement where we know that there are forces on the ground and who they are," Rudiger said, looking up and down the board. "Knowing what you're up against beats the pants off a report that says 'who knows?' in the opfor field. And don't even get me STARTED on fights where you aren't supposed to have opposition. That's where they keep all the spare opposition!"

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Mechwarrior Alex Donovan speaks up:

"Too many unknowns on that recon raid. I'd prefer that objective raid. Sweet sweet salvage."

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Reclined almost to the point of falling over on her rear end, Alana's got a cowboy hat propped up on her face enough so it seems it might should be blocking out her eyesight. In a lazy, mostly-affected drawl, the lieutenant says, "First mission's the low-risk low-reward option. Not a ton of pay, but not a lot of scope for poo poo to go real sideways. Second mission stinks like 'so your corpses were able to transmit gun camera footage to us and that's an absolute win' theorizin' from some pindick uniform. Third one's interestin'. It's clearly not what it seems to be, so what the hell is it? Stinks of spook to me, and when you get involved with spook it's drat hard to wash the skunk off your fingers in the sink afterwards if you take my meaning. Figure let's go blow the poo poo out of something on Athenry."

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
"Let's go with the first one. Alias and sketchy motive isn't uncommon enough to raise the hairs on my neck, and at least we know about what'll be shooting at us. Besides, there's a lot of new pilots lately and we need to make sure we can work together before we bite off something too big to chew."

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Captain Redmond Killpack sits stiffly at his desk poring over the different contracts. Talking quietly under his breath, "It is off our charts. Interesting - you never know what useful intel we might run across..."

He then sits even straighter and proclaims, "I would rather get paid half even if it ends up as a wild goose chase. I say we should go to Waycross."

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Ardlen posted:

Captain Redmond Killpack sits stiffly at his desk poring over the different contracts. Talking quietly under his breath, "It is off our charts. Interesting - you never know what useful intel we might run across..."

He then sits even straighter and proclaims, "I would rather get paid half even if it ends up as a wild goose chase. I say we should go to Waycross."

You know what? Too many people agreeing with me to make me comfortable. Makes me almost certain something's up.

I'm switching my vote to Waycross.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"Point 'a order," Alana drawls, sticking one finger up in the air.

"Assume for the sake of assumin' that the Waycross mission ain't a load of donkey poo poo. Someone's gone missing, and some private citizen needs a mech force to go in after it. What I would like to draw folks' attention to is that nobody-but-nobody spends that much money for no reason, which means this, whatshername, Sebastiani lady is expecting at least a good chance that whatever person she's missing is missing because of a group with battlemechs. A group with battlemechs, that also has the cojones and tech know-how to make a thing of going into an off-the-charts system. And one who's got so much money they don't mind risking half up for us to stick our fingers up our butts on a dropship waiting to jump into nowhere." The lieutenant makes an ungodly snorting noise and then spits a glob of something into a can. "Ain't a lot of private groups that has all those ducks in a row, y'feel me?"

"Which brings me to the counter-assumption, the null hypothesis of us getting screwed in the bad way. That instead of a private citizen, this is a front for some governmental group, either Davvy or Drac. Lieutenant Szabo's First Rule Of Bastards is 'assume people are lying to you', which makes me feel like this is likelier a Drac front than not- but that don't matter. What does is, who is there in either government that would merit out a high up-front payout to a merc group to retrieve from no man's land between two big empires?" She pauses. "If it were military, military'd do it. If it were military intelligence, military intelligence would do it. If it were diplomats, the military'd do it. What we have here is a group that wants one or more of its folks rescued without the rest of their own government knowing about it, and to my pale brown butt that screams Spooks On An Unsanctioned Mission, and once you touch that kind of skunk it is like to spray you with the stink." She takes a drink of her beer- from a different can than she spit in, at least. "Still, esa es democracy, yeah? Or close enough. I'll go there. Just would rather do the smash and grab, because that's got a set of possible lies behind it I can live with nicer."

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 28, 2019

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
(Seems the forums ate my post)

Karis is not one to muddy the waters, wanting to keep her head down, and potentially any prying Steiner eyes from viewing her with distaste
"I vote to go to Ricobar. Seems a simple contract and we have a good idea of what's up. Altais has no known opfor, and Waycross takes us away from the currently hot DCMS-Steiner border. Besides, Steiner usually treats us Mercs well"

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Maya fidgets with a wrench as she listens to everyone else. "Yeah, I dunno. Waycross sounds too good to be true, and you can never really trust a Davion, can you? I'm gonna say we should stick with Ricobar."

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Harlech City
Outreach
3 January 3039
0930L

Commander Stennis quieted the lingering chatter. "Sounds like consensus is pretty clear. We'll take the Objective Raid contract on Athenry. Nosek, signal the client we've made our decision. Brandon, I want you to work with the techs getting our spares and ammo crated up for transport. Killpack, Szabo, get your Lances prepped and ready to move. We'll have the location of the dropship here in the next fifteen or so, and the schedule for lift-off ten after that. Let's move! Sooner we're off-planet sooner we get back."

Harlech Interplanetary DropPort
Eight hours later

"Liftoff in ten. I'm impressed everyone, we got everything loaded faster than I expected." Everything that was capable of moving - except the passengers, yet - was restrained on the deck of the Union-class dropship Iridium Blue. "If the rest of the contract goes off that smoothly we'll be back here right quick with heavy pockets. Time to jump point is a bit over three days, then it's a little less than two weeks by jumpship, three jumps total. Final approach planetside will be 12 days. We'll get more detailed intel on what we're after once we're heading to orbit.

"Now, I'm sure you're all very well aware of the whole Combine's feelings toward mercenaries, especially those of us on the job. Iridium Blue is registered in Combine space as a cargo hauler, and we're officially 'heavy machinery and mining equipment' on the shipping manifest. If customs asks, we're transporting equipment from Kessel for servicing and maintenance that can't be done on-planet."

An alarm klaxon blared in the dropship's open bay, prompting the techs and dropship crew to scuttle for their quarters. "That's two minutes! Make sure your poo poo's stowed and you're secure. We won't have a whole lot to do for the next two weeks, I recommend boning up on Athenry and Kessel so you don't gently caress it up for everyone else if customs drops in. Dismissed!"

Low Orbit
Athenry, Draconis Combine
1 February 3039
1804Z

"Everyone, pull up a chair. We've got a little bit over 90 minutes before we touchdown at a facility about 30 klicks west of our target. Current time on the ground is.... 1850 local, call it 2030 by the time we get fully secured and ready to offload. After that we've got options. We're on our own out here as far as our employer is concerned, which means when and how we hit the target is completely up to us.

"Here, take a look at the images we snapped on our first orbit. We're landing here," Stennis pointed to one of the pictures, a wide-open area that looked like a serviceable place to land. Not built specifically to handle dropships, but clearly used for it from time to time. "Here's our target. We're here to destroy some very specific cargo that's being staged here before it ships deeper into the Combine. Slight hitch to that one: we have no idea which cargo - and what containers it's in - at least not from this distance. We do know from our employer that the cargo in question is from the Maltex Corporation. The containers should be marked, but it's something we'll have to be on-site to identify. The client estimates we're looking for at least five full cargo containers, up to ten at the high end. They're not heavily armored, so any amount of attention should be enough to do the job. We're not getting paid extra for additional damage to the facility or any of the cargo here, but everything else except our target is fair game. If you can haul it off, we get to keep it. If you've got a particular bone to pick with the Dragon this is as good a time as any to get it in.

"We saw evidence of at least one regular patrol route around the target facility, but it was well enough worn that we couldn't identify any specifics. If I had to guess, I'd say the normal patrol is either a single 'Mech or maybe a pair, with a few more able to sortie within five or ten minutes. Anything else would have to come from the planetary garrison, which is too far to engage without at least five or six hours warning.

"Any questions on the facility and our targets? We can mobilize to hit the facility pretty much any time we want, and it's isolated enough we can pick the direction of attack."

[I will try to have maps ready for the thread tomorrow. Please discuss what time (night, dawn/dusk, day, etc.) and what direction to attack from. In every case, the facility will either be River CommCenter or Forward Base from the new Map Pack: Grasslands, depending on which direction you decide (one is more easily accessed from the 'left', one from the 'right'). The other three maps (2x2 total) will also come from the same map pack chosen randomly, with the facility being on the 'furthest' map from the player deployment zone. If there are any other questions, especially on the surrounding terrain not detailed yet please let me know either here or the other thread, or by PM.]

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"Alright, boys, girls, vegetables and minerals," the lieutenant says. "Time for showtime, yeah? Get your mechs warmed up, we're going to be on the leading edge for this one. Y'all know what y'all're doing that way." That seems to be all that Alana has the time and inclination for to her lance; come the briefing later, she grunts. "Any idea if the security goons there on foot are trained for anti-mech operation? Would hate to be tryin' to peer at the serial numbers on a shipping container when some pencil dick fires an inferno round up the tailpipe." She scratches her head, and then continues, "I'll let folks with a better eye for terrain pick the direction, but for timing, way I see it our biggest threat is actually an aerospace threat from the garrison. To that end, I recommend we land and move out early in the morning and hit the facility right at dawn, so that we can be pretty clear we'll get there and get stuck in before any flyboys come interrupt. Is the planetary garrison east or west of our facility? If we can hit them at dawn while the airbase is still nighttime, we might get lucky and someone too hungover to fly straight might gently caress up their takeoff."

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
[After two hours of loving with my scanner and getting nothing that looks good, I know when I've been slightly too ambitious. The potential maps are straight out of MegaMek, but they should still work just fine. The deployment zone for each of the following maps will be the first three hexes on the corresponding board edge, i.e. East/West/North/South.]

Approaching from the North or West:

Approaching from the East:

Approaching from the South:

Objectives:
(Primary) Destroy Maltex Corporation containers (0 of ??)
(Secondary) Destroy, avoid, or drive off any defenders
(Tertiary) Grab what you can

[The full map (with identified enemies on it) will be posted with a story update once this choice is decided.]

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think we have a little clearer lines of sight approaching from the south, personally.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Additionally, for those of us who might run a little hot, south likely affords us a bit more cooling with that water nearby.

YES I GO INTO DEPTH 1 WATER ALL THE TIME

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
This is a dawn attack. If we come from the East we might be silhouetted by the rising sun, and in the West we might have the sun in our eyes. I vote South as well.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Karis fiddles with her helmet and suit a bit, eager to get moving
"Any side is good" she eventually says. "Having the sun behind us is a good advantage though, but I'll go with what the commander decides"

OOC for the Tertiary, It's been a while since I read TacOps/StratOps, but are they covered int those rules for picking stuff up?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Horsebanger posted:

Karis fiddles with her helmet and suit a bit, eager to get moving
"Any side is good" she eventually says. "Having the sun behind us is a good advantage though, but I'll go with what the commander decides"

OOC for the Tertiary, It's been a while since I read TacOps/StratOps, but are they covered int those rules for picking stuff up?

[For the purposes of this scenario (and any further scenario unless described otherwise), 'Mechs are capable of lifting and carrying up to 5% of their total tonnage per arm with a hand actuator on it. Two hand actuators means 10%, which means that if Defiance Industries (for example) wants to take a Panther's PPC arm with him when he leaves then that'd work just fine. In the interest of simplicity I'm more concerned with "what you want to get out of it" than what the rules actually say a 35 ton 'Mech's arm is supposed to weigh.]

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
South at dawn sounds good to me.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
SOuth at dawn's good.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
[That's five votes for South and enough votes for dawn that I'm calling it. Please pick a hex to deploy in, elegible hexes are any of the bottom three hexes on each column. Post your decisions here in the thread. I need everyone to tell me where they're going. First come, first served. Also please for give my lovely GIMP-fu, I'm definitely no PTN.]

2 km South of Maltex Corporation Site
Athenry, Draconis Combine
2 February 3039
0634L

Commander Stennis's voice crackled over the company net. After the 'Mechs had disembarked and started making their way - slowly - to the Maltex Site, the command staff had spent the next few hours gleaning what information they could from weather satellites and stills from the last orbit, taken shortly before landing. "South side of the base should be coming into view in the next thirty seconds or so. Remember, we're not here to raze the whole place, just got a few targets to scratch and then we're out of here. Local radio traffic sounded like two 'Mechs went out on patrol about an hour ago. We're not sure how long their route is, but be aware you may have company while you're doing this."

The sparse hills and wooded copses finally parted to show the main road into the facility - and the relatively high walls surrounding it. "drat, we'll actually have to head inside to get good visuals. Ah well, don't dally and... hold on a second, radio chatter just picked up volume." There were already several vehicles moving, heading down the main road. A couple tanks, two 'Mechs (both Panthers)... and a quartet of cargo trucks loaded with containers. Even from almost 1000 meters the Maltex Corporation logo was visible on the sides of the containers. "poo poo! They're moving the cargo out right now. No telling if they've already gotten some of it out in another convoy. Don't let any of those trucks go, or we'll be playing catch-up for hours."

Enemy Units

[Player sheets to go here once I get them made, should be by the start of the first turn]

Objectives
(Primary) Destroy Maltex Corporation containers (0 of 4 Trucks, 0 of ??)
(Secondary) Destroy, avoid, or drive off any defenders (0 of 5)
(Tertiary) Grab what you can

[This is a good time for any feedback on the presentation, by the way! I haven't yet figured out how to do anything interesting like "color" for the sprites, so you guys will be white, too, but distinguishable by the green numbers that will go next to your sprites, like the red numbers you can see here.]

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Posting up at 2732 with forty tubes of TharHes Reachers to cover your approach.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Here to raze everything, got it. I'll pop in at 2232.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
2132 for me

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

2332 here.

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Calling 2533.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
2232. Battle Line HO!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

SirFozzie posted:

2232. Battle Line HO!

Occupied! Please pick a different hex.

Also how the gently caress did you blob of nitwits manage to deploy alphabetically by 'Mech? :psyduck:

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

2832 Please.

NO GUTS NO GALAXY

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Drop me in at 2032

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Strobe posted:

Occupied! Please pick a different hex.

Also how the gently caress did you blob of nitwits manage to deploy alphabetically by 'Mech? :psyduck:

2022, sorry, brainfart.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

SirFozzie posted:

2022, sorry, brainfart.

2032 (I'm assuming this was supposed to be 2032) has been occupied since you posted by Mukaikubo. :v:

EDIT: I should point out that you all managed to post alphabetically by 'Mech for the entire run, minus the second PXH.

Archer
Centurion
Guillotine
Marauder
Phoenix Hawk
Thunderbolt
Wolverine
Phoenix Hawk 2

The most useless of fun facts, but I was still amused.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
SirFozzie, to keep this train rolling, and because there will be a movement phase after this to correct any small issues with position, if I don't hear from you today (by 11:00 pm CDT) I'm going to put your Thunderbolt in 2432 and start rolling initiative.

I expect small kinks here and there; next time we deploy I'll update the map in the deployment post to keep things up to date as Mechs deploy.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
That works.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
"Dead Last" Mission Update 1 - Turn 1 Movement

Deployment complete! Rolling for initiative (all dice rolls will be done using this site):

Enemy Dragon #3: Rolls 4 / 4!
CPT Redmond Killpack (Marauder): Rolls 4 / 6!
Enemy Scorpion #6: Rolls 5 / 6!
Enemy Scorpion #5: Rolls 5 / 8!

MW Rudiger Namni (Archer): Rolls 6!
MW Flavius Aetass (Guillotine): Rolls 7!
Enemy Panther #2: Rolls 8 / 4!
Objective Convoy: Rolls 8 / 9!

MW Karis Incheon (Wolverine): Rolls 8 / 11!
Enemy Panther #1: Rolls 9 /5!
MW Alex Donovan (Thunderbolt): Rolls 9 / 4!
MW Philippe Le Sueur (Centurion): Rolls 10 / 7 / 8!
MW Maya Vaideh (Phoenix Hawk): Rolls 10 / 7 / 10!
LT Alana Szabo (Phoenix Hawk): Rolls 10 / 8!

Entries with # / # indicate ties, the first number is the initial roll, the second is the tiebreaker. If more tiebreakers are needed, they'll be noted. In this mission, the convoy will move at a singular initiative entry. Non-friendly units are marked with BOLD text. Enemies are numbered as they are on the map; there will never be two different kinds of enemies with the same number.

Mukaikubo you're Phoenix Hawk #7, Pussy Cartel you're Phoenix Hawk #8.

Enemy Dragon #3 moves!

When units move, their movement mode and TMM will be indicated next to them. White text will be for walking/cruise. Black text for running/flank. Red text for jumping/other.

Ardlen, you're up! After that is the two Scorpion tanks, and then Defiance Industries.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Marauder: Walk forward to 2328.

"Thank you for sounding off alphabetically!"

Ardlen fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 9, 2019

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
CPT Redmond Killpack moves!
Scorpion 06 moves!
Scorpion 05 moves!

Defiance Industries is up, followed immediately by Flavius Aetass

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Archer moves to 2731, turns to face 2830, moves to 3039 and turns to face 3028. Holding fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Defiance Industries posted:

Archer moves to 2731, turns to face 2830, moves to 3039 and turns to face 3028. Holding fire.

Righty-o, but for future reference there will be a time to declare your targets or lackthereof after all movement is complete.

Flavius Aetass you're up, followed by one of the enemy Panthers and the convoy, then it's Horsebanger.