Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I forgot about the New Age Outlaws being the last straw for Cody and Dustin. God drat that was complete garbage. DX is trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I forgot about the New Age Outlaws being the last straw for Cody and Dustin. God drat that was complete garbage. DX is trash

HHH wanted to help his buddies yet again, nothing could be done

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Vince was once good and become bad for wrestling

HHH was always bad for wrestling

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The Goldust vs Stardust match was on the same PPV that had Bryan put over Roman in the main event including the handshake afterwards, that show sure set a course. :cripes:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

Sounds that Ricochet and Cesaro had a good match at least

quote:

Ricochet vs Cesaro was cut from the Hulu airing this week

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DarkstarIV posted:

So another match was announced for Smackdown tonight.

Bayley vs Lacey Evans. :suicide:

Really putting that wild card rule to good use.

Don't have enough challengers on one show because you failed to book anything right? Just have people show up wherever the gently caress they want.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Incessant Excess posted:

The Goldust vs Stardust match was on the same PPV that had Bryan put over Roman in the main event including the handshake afterwards, that show sure set a course. :cripes:

Maybe I am showing my age but Cena beating Benoit with an STF will always bother me more

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Oh gently caress you WWE.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

So let me get this right, less than two weeks aways from Super Shitshow in KSA, Raw had a segment involving a Palestine-supporting, KSA-criticising Muslim being placed in an 'Electric Chair'?

Can't wait for his Lumberjack match next week with the guys surrounding the ring trying to cut his limbs off.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Vince was once good and become bad for wrestling

HHH was always bad for wrestling

I've only followed casually for the last several years after watching religiously for 20. But hasn't HHH been behind what NXT is today?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Lol

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I've only followed casually for the last several years after watching religiously for 20. But hasn't HHH been behind what NXT is today?

He has managed to make an entertaining wrestling show that is one hour per week and doesn't have to worry about ratings or budget.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

NXT could have 100 years of NJPW level.matches and bookings and still not fill the suck deficit of main roster HHH

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Wait how did that ricochet/cesaro match get cut out on Hulu. It was one of the only matches on the show and it was like 4 minutes long.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The_Rob posted:

Wait how did that ricochet/cesaro match get cut out on Hulu. It was one of the only matches on the show and it was like 4 minutes long.

probably because only important things get on hulu

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

The_Rob posted:

There were no "stars" in it.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
HHH is a selfish prick and an egomaniac, but Vince is an incredibly disturbed human being.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I appreciate that every move WWE makes is daring their viewers to stop watching

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Incessant Excess posted:

I know I'm a fuckin idiot for asking but did anyone keep track of the wild card guys this week? I didn't notice them mentioning the rule and as far as I can recall, the only Smackdown guys were Kofi, Roman and Shane.

Shane doesn't count, he's been appearing on both shows since December.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I appreciate that every move WWE makes is daring their viewers to stop watching

The main roster poo poo has been so bad lately that I've lost the desire to watch weekly NXT.

If I'm not watching NXT, I'm thinking I should just cancel the network altogether.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
do WWE employees actually, sincerely think they're putting out the best show in the world every week, or is it just vince? Because I can't imagine watching this poo poo, even with brainworms, and thinking it's good television

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Locker room morale is supposedly at the lowest in recent memory, HHH has been reported by multiple people as frustrated at Vince, and main roster support staff keep resigning to go to NXT.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It seems like the massive narrative from WWE fans and dirtsheet reports of WWE employees is just increasingly "it's all Vince's fault". So that makes a great scapegoat for not only fans to ignore bigger problems but for employees probably excuse themselves of any blame.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

STAC Goat posted:

It seems like the massive narrative from WWE fans and dirtsheet reports of WWE employees is just increasingly "it's all Vince's fault". So that makes a great scapegoat for not only fans to ignore bigger problems but for employees probably excuse themselves of any blame.

He has near absolute power in WWE, it all being a single persons fault is more true in this case than in most.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Dango Bango posted:

The main roster poo poo has been so bad lately that I've lost the desire to watch weekly NXT.

If I'm not watching NXT, I'm thinking I should just cancel the network altogether.

Yes you should have cancelled that poo poo months ago. Years even.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Incessant Excess posted:

He has near absolute power in WWE, it all being a single persons fault is more true in this case than in most.

It's simplistic and ignores the mountains of evidence of "blame" for other parties. It leads to absurd poo poo like someone saying "HHH would have nothing to do with those Revival segments". It's just standard human nature for people who feel trapped and powerless to change something to simplify it to one glaring problem they cant do anything about.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I had to watch Raw in 2004

HHH is worse than hitler

You know you could have just...not watched Raw in 2004?

HHH thinks he's Ric Flair & Harley Race and he's really really not, but I don't know if "being an over-rated wrestler who is pushed hard" is worse than helping to cover up murder, encouraging a culture of dangerous steroid use in the locker room, covering up child sexual abuse, threatening to fire Owen Hart for not wanting to do that loving Blue Blazer "drop down from the rafters and then quick release a couple feet off the ground for a cheap laugh" gag when Owen thought it wasn't safe and a myriad of other poo poo that Vince has done or has happened under his watch. Even in a jokey hyperbolic way. Just no.

STAC Goat posted:

What are the bigger problems than the senile old man who changes his mind on 3 minutes before the show starts airing, pushes people he likes rather than what gets over, is the entire reason Kevin Dunn is still employed and in charge of TV production despite it generally involving camera cuts every 2 seconds? When it comes to creative, everyone in the writing staff is writing for an audience of one, Vince McMahon. I'm sure others have a measure of blame, it's a big company, but until the day Vince steps back or dies, he's the control freak in charge.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Given everything out there from writers from multiple generations of the company, I can't fathom how a case can be made for 99% of the fault not being on Vince McMahon.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
here's a thought exercise for all you fantasy bookers: fix the WWE without removing Vince from power

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

STAC Goat posted:

It's simplistic and ignores the mountains of evidence of "blame" for other parties.

Who are those other parties whose employment Vince isn't in control over?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Drew McIntyre posted:

here's a thought exercise for all you fantasy bookers: fix the WWE without removing Vince from power

No problem! First you remove Vince McMahon from power, and then

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Wendell posted:

No problem! First you remove Vince McMahon from power, and then

what the-- you didn't even read his directive!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Who are those other parties whose employment Vince isn't in control over?

HHH vouched for Demott and chose him specifically as the PC's first head trainer, is BFFs with Hogan and was first to publicly say he should be given another chance within a month of the incident, and was the sole reason behind that absurd meeting being called where Hogan apologized for being caught and explained beforehand it was a learning experience to make sure you're not being monitored

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 28, 2019

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Chris James 2 posted:

HHH vouched for Demott and chose him specifically as the PC's first head trainer, is BFFs with Hogan and was first to publicly say he should be given another chance within a month of the incident, and was the sole reason behind that absurd meeting being called where Hogan apologized for being caught and explained beforehand it was a learning experience to make sure you're not being monitored

Who is HHH's boss?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Drew McIntyre posted:

Would “burn it down” be a valid path? Vince could still be the Head of a dead organism.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Incessant Excess posted:

Who is HHH's boss?

Stephanie

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Vince being the source of every problem does not mean he is the only problem.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

It leads to absurd poo poo like someone saying "HHH would have nothing to do with those Revival segments".

Some people sincerely believe his bullshit and it's absolutely astonishing/lacking in any basis of reality

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

forkboy84 posted:

You know you could have just...not watched Raw in 2004?

HHH thinks he's Ric Flair & Harley Race and he's really really not, but I don't know if "being an over-rated wrestler who is pushed hard" is worse than helping to cover up murder, encouraging a culture of dangerous steroid use in the locker room, covering up child sexual abuse, threatening to fire Owen Hart for not wanting to do that loving Blue Blazer "drop down from the rafters and then quick release a couple feet off the ground for a cheap laugh" gag when Owen thought it wasn't safe and a myriad of other poo poo that Vince has done or has happened under his watch. Even in a jokey hyperbolic way. Just no.

While this all might be true (assuming you don't subscribe to what I think is a very reasonable idea that anyone who is protecting and supporting Vince, WWE, and the people who committed these sins are complicit to them even after the fact) but doesn't have HHH (or Steph, or Shane, or whoever) have their own generational list? Taking blood money and spreading propaganda about an oppressive murderous regime even at a time when much of the global community was outraged by their actions. White washing the legacies of abusers like Moolah and bigoted extremists like Warrior. Covering for racists like Hogan and Lars Sullivan and pushing for POC employees to give them a stamp of approval. Aren't there countless other things? The Ashley Massaro stuff just recently. The general treatment of employees and labor abuses and the more recent specific examples of petty and unethical attempts to handcuff them or stuff like firing AJ Lee on her wedding day. The lawsuit against CM Punk and Colt Cabana. Fighting the CTE/concussion stuff. The Bill DeMott abuse stuff. Or, you know, all the association and fundraising for the Trump Administration.

Vince certainly has a long and horrid rap sheet but its impossible to separate his crimes and sins from his role as the corporate leader of WWE. It would be different if Vince was some standard CEO who had twisted personal behavior. But much of the terrible things he's done were done in his twisted and evil sense of protecting WWE, just as HHH, Steph, Shane, and others probably justify the poo poo they're doing today. Joe Paterno didn't just protect rapists, the entire Penn State structure did. And sure, maybe this generation of McMahons are only covering for racists and abusers in house and only aiding and covering for murderers and rapists in a broad sense with the KSA and Trump stuff. But they haven't racked up the time Vince has yet as the main person to blame or had all their skeletons uncovered.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Given everything out there from writers from multiple generations of the company, I can't fathom how a case can be made for 99% of the fault not being on Vince McMahon.

Assuming we're talking about the product here and not the other ethical and moral stuff, if you truly believe that Vince has sole power to change and veto everything then you can go ahead and blame him. But there's countless cases of evidence of other McMahons, writers, announcers, and wrestlers echoing Vince's ideas or the problems that blamed to him. From Steph to HHH to Road Dogg to Randy Orton to Roman Reigns there's plenty of WWE people routinely going to bat and defending the bad WWE stuff if not clearly being directly responsible for it.

Its not that Vince isn't to blame, its that there's plenty of blame to go around and the focus on Vince and the idea that things will just be better by default when he's gone sounds like an "easy fix" to me.

Incessant Excess posted:

Vince being the source of every problem does not mean he is the only problem.

This would have been a more effective and easier to read thing for me to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Corporate Kofi...yikes.....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2838385-kofi-kingston-talks-saudi-arabia-shows-terry-funk-on-aew-more-in-wwe-roundup