Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox
checkbox
checkbox
View Results

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I present The Life of Squiggly:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ixtlilton posted:

I present The Life of Squiggly:

Caves do not have doors

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lol nice

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

I tend to think you really believe that but believe it or not in the old days there were lots of people who were very aggressive scum. You would run away from a game that had a scum team of like Chili, Dhaes, LiterallyMadIRL and TheRam

I can accept that I'm wrong.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

##unvote

I’ll be reviewing the game more closely in the next hour or two but for now am removing my OMGUS vote on Squiggly. I’m not opposed to voting that way for the sake of the game but if I can make a more informed decision I’d like to.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IllegallySober posted:

##unvote

I’ll be reviewing the game more closely in the next hour or two but for now am removing my OMGUS vote on Squiggly. I’m not opposed to voting that way for the sake of the game but if I can make a more informed decision I’d like to.

It's cool I was an rear end in a top hat. I can be a constructive rear end in a top hat though

If you revote me just explain why I'm scummy please

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hal Incandenza posted:

Caves do not have doors

The cave was excavated and a door tunneled into part of it to help with the no-longer-operating tours.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

##unvote

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Whooo three way tie at one vote an hour and a half before deadline

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Whooo three way tie at one vote an hour and a half before deadline

And nobody talking.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'll be home a little after 7pm to decide how I want to vote. It's kind of tough because there hasn't been a ton of content this day that seems useful. it's mostly been people snipping at Squiggly. Although just from my gut I'm leaning towards TM or Jedit but not 100% sure.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I would think it likely that Amalgam and Squiggly are at worst a dichotomy here. I don't think this can be red-on-red voting.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I can't access votefinder at work, can someone please post votefinder count right now?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Votecount for Day 2

Squiggly (1): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, Jedit, IllegallySober, Jedit
Tired Moritz (1): Hal Incandenza
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Squiggly

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, IllegallySober, Ixtlilton, Jedit, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 10th, 2019 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 19 minutes.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

I can't access votefinder at work, can someone please post votefinder count right now?

Votecount for Day 2

Squiggly (1): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, Jedit, IllegallySober, Jedit
Tired Moritz (1): Hal Incandenza
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Squiggly

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, IllegallySober, Ixtlilton, Jedit, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 10th, 2019 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 19 minutes.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Also, I'm back and re-reading now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
EDIT: I pulled it up on my phone like a not dumb person.

##vote TM Your interaction with Squiggly seems really forced, and despite Squiggly being who you primarily interacted with you are voting for Hal.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
EDIT:

Mother of God I can't read votefinder properly.

But still I feel weird about the interaction with Squiggly.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I don't think I want anyone else except TM to vote now.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Oh wow I didn't realize deadline was that close. I still want to kill binus so ##vote b-minus

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Jedit posted:

I don't think I want anyone else except TM to vote now.

I'll explain that. Based on D1 voting I think that Squig/Hal and TM/Amalgam form a dichotomy. As matters stand, if nobody but TM votes then TM is doomed unless Hal switches. Assuming Hal will not switch, then TM has the choice of going down alone or taking either Squig or Amalgam with him. Who he picks, and who he then shoots, will give us a lot of information about who he wants to be alive.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Now I lay me down to sleep
And pray to God we lynch a creep
If I should die before I wake
gently caress all y'all, I'm Town for gently caress's sake.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Lumpen List:

Town
IS: obviously

Strongly Leaning Town:
Jedit: Felt good about their D1 posting, thought process has seemed reasonable this game day and logic seems sound (particularly the last piece about AA/Squiggly at worst not being both scum).

Leaning Town:

Null:
AA: Did not have much to go on from D1 until very late. Does not seem to match my feelings on Jedit (stated they would shoot them if dunked yesterday and also maybe still might today). Apparently knows Squiggly from previous games but can't figure out whether that meta is something AA is using for a read, context in follow-up posts both seems to excuse and target the aggressiveness.

Squiggly: Abrasive but upon further review actually appears to be attempting to make reads and contribute to the game somewhat. Going to shelve this one for today.

Sal: The target of Squig's aggression today, was gone for deadline D1, not sure how to sum up my thoughts on him yet, a lot will depend on the deadline today

Ixt: Has mostly shitposted but that MSPaint is more effort than a couple of other players have put in so I think he bought himself one more day to see what happens.

Leaning Scum:

Hal: Has spent most of this game day reminiscing over mafia past with Squig and very little attempting to actually contribute
TM: Has contributed only slightly this game day towards the end and basically nothing before that.
B-: has contributed nothing but jokephase. Seriously, go read it for yourself.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Since this is plurality, let's start with ##vote Hal and see what happens.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

Oh wow I didn't realize deadline was that close. I still want to kill binus so ##vote b-minus

This is a good vote

gently caress you're back to townie status again

Literally was waiting to see who voted me but he was a top choice for a surprise vig kill

Does no one get a vibe off of AA? I will move my vote to avoid a no lynch but come on I'm not completely unjustified here am I?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IllegallySober posted:

Since this is plurality, let's start with ##vote Hal and see what happens.

Why Hal? I think the other two have the most potential support based on other suspicions and votes so why him out of all 3?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

This is a good vote

gently caress you're back to townie status again

Literally was waiting to see who voted me but he was a top choice for a surprise vig kill

Does no one get a vibe off of AA? I will move my vote to avoid a no lynch but come on I'm not completely unjustified here am I?

I know you didn’t like his immediate response last game day to me questioning where he was, but I’m not clear on the rest of your argument against him. Can you re-state?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

Why Hal? I think the other two have the most potential support based on other suspicions and votes so why him out of all 3?

My strongest read of the three I mentioned is probably B- but essentially all three are very similar and so I don’t much see the difference between any of them (and I also wanted to see if voting Hal would cause him to be motivated these last 40 minutes).

I’m happy to switch off it as the time progresses, if needed.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IllegallySober posted:

I know you didn’t like his immediate response last game day to me questioning where he was, but I’m not clear on the rest of your argument against him. Can you re-state?

I think I tried to question him a page or two ago about why being aggressive was suspicious and what about that was scummy in relation to his vote on me and he straight up ignored that request to post baloney instead

I am still wary of how he called me town in one post and then after people posted suspicions of me being aggressive being suspicious proceeds to copy that language and vote me when it seems like a bandwagon might form in almost his next post

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

I think I tried to question him a page or two ago about why being aggressive was suspicious and what about that was scummy in relation to his vote on me and he straight up ignored that request to post baloney instead

I am still wary of how he called me town in one post and then after people posted suspicions of me being aggressive being suspicious proceeds to copy that language and vote me when it seems like a bandwagon might form in almost his next post

This is the post you’re referencing that AA didn’t respond too, right?

Squiggly posted:

I'd like the input from others but while I'm addressing things

Why is being aggressive suspicious

What about that makes me scummy

These are unexplained questions that would help justify your vote or anything else really. Looks like you were trying to call me town to see if I'd back off but now that I'm not going to you figured might as well shoot for the lynch

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mafia edit: I think way too highly of myself to use the wrong “to” in that last post, shame on me.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Yeah that's the one. It was a pretty substantial post. Hard to miss and there's not really points made about anyone else. He straight up ignores it

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hmmm. Let me think about that one for a few minutes. Your point resonates with me (though I’m the type to respond to basically anything directed at me so I think I’m maybe even shaded too far the other direction).

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

While I consider that, anyone who’s here, same question as yesterday- if you are the dunk, who do you intend to kill?

To answer my own question, as of right now I would still probably kill B- over AA but it’s close.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Is it 20 minutes to deadline and we're the only ones talking

This game is run by scum

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IllegallySober posted:

While I consider that, anyone who’s here, same question as yesterday- if you are the dunk, who do you intend to kill?

To answer my own question, as of right now I would still probably kill B- over AA but it’s close.

I like to hold that one close to my hip but I already gave away I was considering shooting b- if the votes on me had lined up in a certain way

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

Is it 20 minutes to deadline and we're the only ones talking

This game is run by scum

Yes we are and yes it’s weird. Come on, guys.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I don't really want to lynch Hal and Sal target

TM caught my point on jedits post being a haven for chain lynches but framed it personally and then left. He doesn't look great

But Sal keeps popping in to act like he's here and not really posting a whole lot substantially either so I don't want to follow him. Same for hal bit too I suppose

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Sal being absent for deadline again is definitely not a point in his favor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I am here for a last minute 3 man turbo