Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox
checkbox
checkbox
View Results

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I'd like one ticket for MURDER please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

:monocle:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

Hello this will be a short evening for me but it is TIME TO MURDER ##vote AA

:monocle:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Sorry friend folk, I've got my hands in many pots, physical, metaphysical, theoretical, conceptual... I've got my hands in pots, but I'll get back to it later today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Jedit posted:

##vote Flamander for shameless bandwagoning.

I dont like this vote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Jedit posted:

You never like my votes.

There's a modicum of truth to this, but I feel like that was an awkward transition like you were waiting for an opportunity to get some fake conviction out there. Also maybe makes me wonder about hal

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

How do you feel about B- coming along afterwards and quote-break voting the same way?

It's not good, but one felt joke phase and one felt like an faked opinion.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

How am I related to this thought train?

Flamander votes you, Jedit makes a curious vote on Flamander quick to call flamander a bandwagoner... so that leaves me curious :tinfoil:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Ixtlilton posted:

I would be okay voting AA, don't want to kill nep-nep atm

What do you think about jedits vote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

There's a modicum of truth to this, but I feel like that was an awkward transition like you were waiting for an opportunity to get some fake conviction out there. Also maybe makes me wonder about hal

Nep

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

As much as I was hoping to get killed so I could shoot AA I am also ok with ##vote AA

:thunk:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I'm here but I honestly dont have a good read other then what I said about Jesuit I know that's lovely but that's how it goes. I've not been paying attention and somehow ended up in three mafs and that's on me

I do think my jedi point is a bit weak , but I never intended it to be concrete. It was a day 1 case about a day 1 action.

I thonk it is still an ok vote and am willing to put my money where my mouth is.

##vote jedit

For the uninformed tl;dr: jedit votes flam for bandwagon vote which looks silly.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Sorry all, I've still been lurking legitimately. Not sure how I feel about the game state, but also don't know too much abou twha'ts going on currently.

Squiggly posted:

Fast call-out and response

##unvote
##vote anomalous amalgam

I did like this vote, I thought it was indicative of town motivations even if wrong

IllegallySober posted:

Flam, Nep, AA- if dunked today, who do you intend to kill?

Hmmm, I probably would have shot Jedit at the time, might still would.

Squiggly posted:

Look at this piece of poo poo "hypothetical game theory" post. A whole lotta words to say absolutely nothing substantial

I don't like this post though, and the banter with Sal is also less than great.

Could be the aggressive playstyle of a maf grog coming into contemporary maf moods. perhaps perhaps, but looks kinda lovely and they were harping jedit, my main target of suspicion with the hypothetical game theory remark. granted we both may have some bias here. Jedit pardoning me while I've been casing him :thunk: and coming at squiggles.... hmmm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

##vote squiggles

outside of that first vote on me, I think the rest of their play is not good with the buckshot aggression coming across as suspicious.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I honestly dont have much more to contribute. I dont know that I completely believe squiggles to be scum, but I think their play looks the worst from a non aggro point. They call out several players and demonstrate marginal conviction packaged in abrasive enthusiasm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

You can hate me for being an rear end in a top hat but this is a bad bandwagon vote

Suspicious because...?

...because two other people discussed my actions and you want to get in ground floor if they vote me?

It seems like you plugged in some key words that make sense in the context of everyone's posts but not really solely on their own

Already my number one pick!

I addressed the suspicion prior to the vote.

See here:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sorry all, I've still been lurking legitimately. Not sure how I feel about the game state, but also don't know too much abou twha'ts going on currently.

I did like this vote, I thought it was indicative of town motivations even if wrong

Hmmm, I probably would have shot Jedit at the time, might still would.

I don't like this post though, and the banter with Sal is also less than great.

Could be the aggressive playstyle of a maf grog coming into contemporary maf moods. perhaps perhaps, but looks kinda lovely and they were harping jedit, my main target of suspicion with the hypothetical game theory remark. granted we both may have some bias here. Jedit pardoning me while I've been casing him :thunk: and coming at squiggles.... hmmm

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

it's not the best, but I did give it some thought instead of placing a drive by vote on you squig

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha squiggly the new generation of mafia just doesn’t get you man

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

Jedit, I agree with you 100%, but I don't really see scum being super aggro like this and putting so much heat on themselves.

You and squiggles both do these scum excuses based on optimal play, and subjective scum play. I dont think it's good and makes you both look worse for it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I think sal looks curious coming at squiggles after bees flip

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

I agree but I'm pretty sure you're scum too

I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but for any specific reason?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I think that's a bit biased on your part because most of my conviction fell on you for a period of time.

I don't think you are scum given your push on bee, but I do think it's dangerous to go clearing anyone else.

I just haven't spent as much time in this game with my play elsewhere, but I think your suspicion on me is flimsy. Consider me biased as well lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

##vote hal

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

##vote sal

There is no reason a scum lynch would have happened without the 3 people who voted

You're implying that we're not confirmed town and unless ix hard bussed I don't see it

Goodbye scumbo

Actually this is weird.

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Make it happen AA, I will shoot you in the face and it will feel so good

Easy there, :clint:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry where did I do that?

I'm sorry, I actually don't see where you did. I know that looks bad of me to admit, but I took Squig's commentary on the matter at face value without digging into it. I'm playing this game really poorly and haven't given it the time it deserves.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

Well hey 3 confirmed town was just too much

Squiggly posted:

So

Hal and Sal for the alternative lynch push and almost force lynch by not being here for deadline?

SalTheBard posted:

Sal quoted
["So

Hal and Sal for the alternative lynch push and almost force lynch by not being here for deadline?"
]

8 pm is hard for me to make sorry life loving happens. This post just looks scummy as hell.

Squiggly posted:

##vote sal

There is no reason a scum lynch would have happened without the 3 people who voted

You're implying that we're not confirmed town and unless ix hard bussed I don't see it

Goodbye scumbo

Looking back at this sequence of post, Sal did not make that implication in his response. I don't know that your speculation post was "scummy as hell", but that follow up to his comment doesn't look good from a town perspective and it also makes your absolute alignment calls a bit more slimy.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

this is an admitted hypocritical vote of me, because I was reading back over the day and saw that Sal actually hadn't done what squig accused him of and I saw your post and I was like "A-HA! YOU'VE REVEALED YOURSELF," and then I was like wait... what does this say about me...

So, my bad? What does that say about you that you missed it though?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Jedit posted:

You were still vote leader after IS unvoted and it didn't look like changing before lynch chaos, if LC actually happened.

Also after I unvoted only three votes were cast and all on different people, so barring any changes my unvote actually put two more people into contention for flipping. Not a very good job of stalling; in fact, I couldn't vote for anyone else afterwards because if I did I made it possible for a four-way kill that ended the game through chance. But what it did do, and what it was intended to do, was make people move. Where and how was going to provide information - and it did. Ix had no obligation to vote for Bee and is now 99% confirmed Town.

I'll put something else out there as well. Ix is Town, Sober is flipped, but your vote on Bee was a self-save and thus has no bearing on your alignment. I'm still leaning Town, but you should not be claiming reflected cred from the others.

This actually is a pretty good point, and it would make sense that Squiggly would be willing to sacrifice bee given their presence, if squig was on a scum team with them.

That also makes that knee-jerk reaction to Sal's response look significantly worse.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

I want to know why squig thought sal was trying to undermine his town credibility from the post sal made. that seems like a big leap to make.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

It was not a self save. IS voted AA, my vote target. Could've no lynched or insisted ix vote AA if I hadn't thought B was scummy on his own.

Ignoring facts for an incorrect opinion does not make you look town

Squiggly posted:

This is a good vote

gently caress you're back to townie status again

Literally was waiting to see who voted me but he was a top choice for a surprise vig kill

Does no one get a vibe off of AA? I will move my vote to avoid a no lynch but come on I'm not completely unjustified here am I?

I think this is the first tiime you mention bee at all. Then you follow up by talking about how if you had gotten lynched that you probably would have shot him like 30 minutes after, but until then I don't think you even acknowledged him as being in the game.

And IS voted me the exact same minute you unvoted to consolidate on Bee. So your chronological recollection here is off.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

One thing I don't like though is that it puts the game in camps kind of...

TM/Squigs

Jedit/Ixt

Sal/Hal

AA, wholesome purveyor of good, sleuth supreme

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

I baited hard with my absolutely 100% confirmed town and waited for a dumb scum to think they could try and lynch me still

but this was in response to Hal responding to me responding to you which turned out to be fabricated!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

I don't know what you're talking about

But the precise order is "confirmed town"

Sal comes in hot and calls me scummy for calling him out seemingly ignoring the last day

I think that's pretty close to trying to throw shade on a more than likely townie which scum have more reason to do than most

I'm saying you said Sal was trying to implicate you as not confirmed town.

That never happened, and then I called out Sal following your lead, and Hal echoed the same from me, and you first called it bait in response to Hal, but the thing is the two aren't related at all.

It doesn't make any sense.

Sal said you framing Hal/Sal as scummy for the vote split on TM was scummy to say.

You say Sal is undermining your absolute town status for the three players that voted.

Then you go back and call it bait, only after Hal and myself toss blind shade at Sal for doing something that he never did.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

26 minutes later

So either he's ignoring everything except his name being called out or he's pushing back on my confirmed town

I took it as the latter but either way it's not great town play

he literally quoted one of your posts.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

So

Hal and Sal for the alternative lynch push and almost force lynch by not being here for deadline?

he quoted this post

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

so he should have responded to your "bait" then? you made 3 back to back posts, should he have addressed each one prior to that, were they posts that could actually be addressed in a meaningful way?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

Well hey 3 confirmed town was just too much

Squiggly posted:

So

Squiggly posted:

Counter point: if b minus was scum and here for deadline could've just hammered tm but also maybe too obvious to have 3 scum on board for a potential townie lynch?

Squiggly posted:

##vote sal

Goodbye scumbo

so he responded to your second post following your "bait" post, your first post after game day began

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

Let's frame this a different way

It seems like you buy Sal's argument that my post about Hal and Sal forcing an alternative lynch is scummy

Looking at the way that voting and flips happened, why is that a scummy deduction?

No, I think you completely misunderstand why I suddenly find you suspicious again.

I'm saying, you accused Sal of a specific behavior that he didn't contribute. Then you built upon this accusation by tying it towards post 1, which was completely unrelated to anything Sal had to say. I'm not saying that I buy Sal, but I do admit I was wrong to support your claim that he undermined your 100% town bait, which wasn't established as bait until you had already made a false correlation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor Rope

Squiggly posted:

You're obtuse

He quoted one of 3 posts I made in a row. I'll make sure to put them all in one post next time

It's semantics while missing my point

I feel like we are two misaligned lego bricks or like a square peg and a triangular hole, at least with u nderstanding each other.

My beef isn't with your 3 posts being separate. I am a combo poster myself, but I'm saying you fault Sal for behavior he didn't actually commit, but I'm officially beating a dead horse, I'll leave it be for now until others weigh in.