Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox
checkbox
checkbox
View Results

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

This sounds like it will be very low-key and probably end in a hurry. I’m in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

:murder:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

There is a distinct lack of murdering happening here. Let’s fill this game up.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

Oh yes this is my poo poo

Sal! What’s up, buddy?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hello this will be a short evening for me but it is TIME TO MURDER ##vote AA

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I am sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Actually, let’s play a content game.

Who would you choose to murder if you are dunked, and why is it Sal?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tired Moritz posted:

I suggest we kill Nep Nep

I’m intrigued, but:

Hal Incandenza posted:

There is no choice but Sal

:shuckyes:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Flamander posted:

nep-nep is a possible vote atm imo, too. probably even more possible. don't want to suspect based off of attitude alone, which is why i voted hal. also, consider this. if i was scum, would i try to kill someone who is trying to kill themselves [consider the context - in this situation, i might get revenge killed for this], or someone who seemed suspicious from the getgo as to blend in with the town? i'd do the latter - the first option is taking risks I don't need to take as scum. on the other hand, lynching someone as town means that if they're town, they might be able to target a scum, and if they're scum even if they target someone at least they're dead. in the specific meta of this game, i think that choice is right.

##vote Flamander

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

gotta start by getting rid of the tryhards

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Ixtlilton posted:

Doggo avs are p great, it's true

Squiggly posted:

We all gonna ignore this post?

Used to be someone said they were scum it was an auto lynch

I don’t like either of these posts. They feel forced.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Ixtlilton posted:

What precisely feels forced about doggo avs being p great? Do you not like doggo avs?

It was more that you came in four hours after the fact and tried to continue the joke.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I think I like my vote better on Flam for now. If I have to move to Nep later I will.

AA also has no posts in this game besides :monocle:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

There's a modicum of truth to this, but I feel like that was an awkward transition like you were waiting for an opportunity to get some fake conviction out there. Also maybe makes me wonder about hal

How do you feel about B- coming along afterwards and quote-break voting the same way?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

Fast call-out and response

##unvote
##vote anomalous amalgam

I raised a bit of an eyebrow at it too tbh but I need to see more before I can tell if this is AA’s scum game.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Something else that pinged me as I read back through this monster of a game:

Jedit posted:

This game is best read not as nightless, but as a normal game where the lynch victim performs the NK. The scum are absolutely dependent on Town friendly fire - they do not want to perform the NK themselves. Therefore it is more important than usual for them to get a turbo, as they need to minimise the information imparted by the lynch.

The OP stated this was a nightless game. Therefore the only kills are the dunks and the dunk victim’s selections, right? My impression was that scum did not have a NK.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hal Incandenza posted:

They don't want to perform the NK themselves because it means they just got lynched, I believe this is what Jedit meant there

Ehhhhh, I guess that could be an interpretation. Looking back at Flam’s post which Jedit was replying to, there’s some support to that reading of it in context. Just a little weird.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jedit posted:

Correct. And I was calling it the NK because as I said, I'm not thinking of this game in terms of being nightless. Every time a day ends, there is a kill before the next day starts. As there are no special roles, that is precisely equivalent to a normal vanilla game cycle except that the scum don't control the kill.

Gotcha. Thanks for clarifying, your restatement made a lot more sense in my head :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’ll check back in a while, but I’m still happy voting Flam.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Nep-Nep posted:

I'm not sure if it's a good catch or if IS isn't coming off too informed here. Unless I'm misreading the OP, though there are no nights it doesn't explicitly say scum don't have a kill. Though I guess it'd be a pretty fast game if whoever dies during the day has a kill and scum do too.

I was more asking than stating. My knowledge of the game is limited to what’s in the OP.

Flamander posted:

anyone can nk upon death, no night means scum can't nk. this means claiming town is basically just giving away a win condition afaik.

This I don’t understand at all though?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Flam, Nep, AA- if dunked today, who do you intend to kill?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

As best as I can tell, that’s the first you’ve expressed suspicion of him today. Your vote’s currently on Sal. Why B-?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Nep-Nep posted:

Hmm, TM has been coasting by without putting much out there. If I die today I'd have an eye on TM going forward for sure.

This is reasonable, I had a similar thought earlier.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m assuming Flam isn’t coming back at this point, but his last post or two didn’t sway me much. The longer this goes the more I think it’s the right vote.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Three people at -4 with half an hour to go in a plurality game does not make me feel particularly good though. Lot of last-minute vote fuckery can happen here.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Everybody has a vote down except Sal.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Need to re-evaluate things in light of those flips, but it’s too bad Flam shot Nep as I had Nep in my “unlikely to be scum” pile.

Sal, what do you think about how things went down yesterday?

Ixt, same question to you.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Jedit/Sal, what gives you the impression that I’m connected to those players based off how yesterday went?

I will not be around much today, celebrating a friend’s birthday at the beach, but should be back more fully tomorrow.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Tired Moritz posted:

I suggest we pressure squiggly more.

I would also like to hear more from Squiggly, though.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

Look at this piece of poo poo "hypothetical game theory" post.

Squiggly posted:

Learn to get drunk on a Friday you loving dweeb

Squiggly posted:

Try not to put words in my mouth you illiterate gently caress

I'm sorry mom

Scum or not, I have zero interest in playing with this.

##vote Squiggly

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

##unvote

I’ll be reviewing the game more closely in the next hour or two but for now am removing my OMGUS vote on Squiggly. I’m not opposed to voting that way for the sake of the game but if I can make a more informed decision I’d like to.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

I can't access votefinder at work, can someone please post votefinder count right now?

Votecount for Day 2

Squiggly (1): IllegallySober, Anomalous Amalgam, Jedit, IllegallySober, Jedit
Tired Moritz (1): Hal Incandenza
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Squiggly

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, IllegallySober, Ixtlilton, Jedit, SalTheBard, Tired Moritz

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 10th, 2019 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 19 minutes.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Also, I'm back and re-reading now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Lumpen List:

Town
IS: obviously

Strongly Leaning Town:
Jedit: Felt good about their D1 posting, thought process has seemed reasonable this game day and logic seems sound (particularly the last piece about AA/Squiggly at worst not being both scum).

Leaning Town:

Null:
AA: Did not have much to go on from D1 until very late. Does not seem to match my feelings on Jedit (stated they would shoot them if dunked yesterday and also maybe still might today). Apparently knows Squiggly from previous games but can't figure out whether that meta is something AA is using for a read, context in follow-up posts both seems to excuse and target the aggressiveness.

Squiggly: Abrasive but upon further review actually appears to be attempting to make reads and contribute to the game somewhat. Going to shelve this one for today.

Sal: The target of Squig's aggression today, was gone for deadline D1, not sure how to sum up my thoughts on him yet, a lot will depend on the deadline today

Ixt: Has mostly shitposted but that MSPaint is more effort than a couple of other players have put in so I think he bought himself one more day to see what happens.

Leaning Scum:

Hal: Has spent most of this game day reminiscing over mafia past with Squig and very little attempting to actually contribute
TM: Has contributed only slightly this game day towards the end and basically nothing before that.
B-: has contributed nothing but jokephase. Seriously, go read it for yourself.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Since this is plurality, let's start with ##vote Hal and see what happens.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

This is a good vote

gently caress you're back to townie status again

Literally was waiting to see who voted me but he was a top choice for a surprise vig kill

Does no one get a vibe off of AA? I will move my vote to avoid a no lynch but come on I'm not completely unjustified here am I?

I know you didn’t like his immediate response last game day to me questioning where he was, but I’m not clear on the rest of your argument against him. Can you re-state?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

Why Hal? I think the other two have the most potential support based on other suspicions and votes so why him out of all 3?

My strongest read of the three I mentioned is probably B- but essentially all three are very similar and so I don’t much see the difference between any of them (and I also wanted to see if voting Hal would cause him to be motivated these last 40 minutes).

I’m happy to switch off it as the time progresses, if needed.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Squiggly posted:

I think I tried to question him a page or two ago about why being aggressive was suspicious and what about that was scummy in relation to his vote on me and he straight up ignored that request to post baloney instead

I am still wary of how he called me town in one post and then after people posted suspicions of me being aggressive being suspicious proceeds to copy that language and vote me when it seems like a bandwagon might form in almost his next post

This is the post you’re referencing that AA didn’t respond too, right?

Squiggly posted:

I'd like the input from others but while I'm addressing things

Why is being aggressive suspicious

What about that makes me scummy

These are unexplained questions that would help justify your vote or anything else really. Looks like you were trying to call me town to see if I'd back off but now that I'm not going to you figured might as well shoot for the lynch

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Mafia edit: I think way too highly of myself to use the wrong “to” in that last post, shame on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Hmmm. Let me think about that one for a few minutes. Your point resonates with me (though I’m the type to respond to basically anything directed at me so I think I’m maybe even shaded too far the other direction).