Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox
checkbox
checkbox
View Results

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Oh yes this is my poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm rolling a 10 sided dice and taking whichever number comes up.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SolusLunes posted:

awesome, that's 11, discord links to come soon.

game should start later today.

Maia when?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

Actually, let’s play a content game.

Who would you choose to murder if you are dunked, and why is it Sal?

Always Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Are we going to forget so soon that AA Killed me in a game with my own gun whilst I was in the process of giving him yet another gun which he then turned around and murdered another townie....and he was town that game!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

I can't forget what I didn't know about

Well now you know so don't forget next time.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

##vote Flamander for shameless bandwagoning.

##vote Jedit for stopping the Hal bandwagon

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I always try to turbo Hal every single game. He is my friend and I don't want to subject him to the hardships of playing mafia. Hal is too pure of a soul.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##unvote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

Used to be we had joke phase.

I have played in games where people have scum claimed and then been like "WHY SO SERIOUS JOKE PHASE!" and then it turns out they are really scum. But yeah I also hate when people make obvious joke posts and then those get blown out of proportion.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

##vote Sal

I don't have much else to go on and I feel that the quick unvote turnaround on a seeming joke vote was kinda weird looking.

Also since I am the vote leader I am gonna counterclaim all your vanilla town roles by saying that I am vanilla town, therefore you all have cool powers that you could definitely use if only you would believe in yourselves.

I unvoted because I don't like just throwing around votes post joke phase.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

It just means I trust your super skills to shoot town if you turn out to be town

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Fixed for you Hal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I felt like Nep was throwing shade at me with their vote so I probably would've voted Nep if I had been around.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I think IS / TM / AA would be an interesting scum team. I'm going to look at those 3 today to see if anything looks interesting there.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I also have to apologize Thursday and Friday are my "watch baby alone" days so I don't get the chance to look at SA every often on those days.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tired Moritz posted:

I suggest we pressure squiggly more.

Interesting that your name gets thrown around and your default post is "LOOK AT THAT LURKER OVER THERE."

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Squiggly posted:

Look at this piece of poo poo "hypothetical game theory" post. A whole lotta words to say absolutely nothing substantial

So I legit hate this post. You are coming out super hard on this and your whole case is "LOL". There is no effort to pick apart the post, it's just a blanket "This post sucks."

Squiggly posted:

Are you really calling me a lurker for not posting for a whole day? Learn to get drunk on a Friday you loving dweeb

Know who else hasn't posted? Anomalous amalgam

I didn't see a good reason not to lynch him day 1 and I think scum team are trying to hard deflect away

##vote anomalous amalgam

You need to dial it back a notch with the insults.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Squiggly posted:

Hey Sal why are you trying to frame my drive by callout as a big case while ignoring my actual vote with some nonsense comment about insults?

I agree with you in terms that AA has been oddly quiet but I think you are being rude for no apparent reason. If asking someone not to be rude in a game of Mafia makes me a Mom then gently caress it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Squiggly posted:

I was kinda hoping for a more emotional response once he seemed sensitive to the language to be honest

I think it's interesting he'd rather discuss my tone than my content and I don't like the hypocrisy inherent in his post but I'm not sold on it being scummy

It's hard to focus on a game when someone is being super toxic to everyone else.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't know if Squiggly is scum. I find it more likely for townies to suddenly tilt out of nowhere when scum tend to be chill, loving around in their google doc/discord.

That is unfortunately a very true point.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Anyone else feel like weighing in?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
That is a very OMGUS vote but I can't really blame them for it. I'm not voting for you because I can't see scum being so aggressive. I'm super busy at work so I won't really be able to post much between now and 645p

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

You can call it OMGUS if you want, but take a look at how he's responding to confrontation. He's made no attempt to address the question of where I should think the scum are, if not between Squiggly/Hal and Sober/Moritz.

Jedit, I agree with you 100%, but I don't really see scum being super aggro like this and putting so much heat on themselves.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

I tend to think you really believe that but believe it or not in the old days there were lots of people who were very aggressive scum. You would run away from a game that had a scum team of like Chili, Dhaes, LiterallyMadIRL and TheRam

I can accept that I'm wrong.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'll be home a little after 7pm to decide how I want to vote. It's kind of tough because there hasn't been a ton of content this day that seems useful. it's mostly been people snipping at Squiggly. Although just from my gut I'm leaning towards TM or Jedit but not 100% sure.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I can't access votefinder at work, can someone please post votefinder count right now?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
EDIT: I pulled it up on my phone like a not dumb person.

##vote TM Your interaction with Squiggly seems really forced, and despite Squiggly being who you primarily interacted with you are voting for Hal.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
EDIT:

Mother of God I can't read votefinder properly.

But still I feel weird about the interaction with Squiggly.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Squiggly posted:

So

Hal and Sal for the alternative lynch push and almost force lynch by not being here for deadline?

8 pm is hard for me to make sorry life loving happens. This post just looks scummy as hell.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Squiggly posted:

##vote sal

There is no reason a scum lynch would have happened without the 3 people who voted

You're implying that we're not confirmed town and unless ix hard bussed I don't see it

Goodbye scumbo

Assuming there are 3 scum (which seems highly likely in this scenario) why wouldn't all 3 of them just pile on the same person and force a tie vote? If Hal and I are both Scum why didn't B- just jump on our target? Easy...either Hal or I (or both) are not scum. One nice thing about the B- cuddle is I do feel way better about you since you helped lead the B- cuddle.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Jedit posted:

Of course B- not bothering to play beyond setting a kill order in advance does mean that scum could easily have bussed him for cred.

Oh, and Sal, the reason a tie vote wouldn't be forced is because that would flip the other person too. Right now there's at least a chance that you and Hal thought TM was a better candidate; I've been linking TM and Amalgam all game, after all. But if TM dies and flips Town, then we see three people leaping onto a Townie in the last hour and after he inevitably shoots one of you on the way out, we see that two of them are scum. We're going to draw certain conclusions about the last guy at that point.

I personally feel (felt?) that TM's interaction with Squiggly was more bussing than anything, however with B- flipping scum I no longer think Squiggly is scum. I'm still not sure how I feel about TM. I also freely admit that B- is a huge blindspot for me. I've played a lot of games with them and I have a lot of respect for B so often it's hard for me to convince myself they are scum even when the lights are blaring all over the place. It's poor Mafia on my behalf.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
As far as content goes I feel like I'm actually bringing something to the game vs. Hal who is just mafia dadding things up. I'm at least being active whereas Hal is playing his scum game of lurking while providing white noise commentary.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think sal looks curious coming at squiggles after bees flip

I'm sorry where did I do that?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't think that's the craziest theory ever because Bee is pretty active in most games.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah that part was dumb. Sal why did you do that

Why did I go after the person being an insufferable douche to people? It's a mystery. After the B- flip I feel more confident that Squiggle is town so for now I'm going to look elsewhere.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Squiggly posted:

Yes, you went after me on day 3 for being a douche...to you?

I was an rear end in a top hat day 2 and you claimed it was a town thing. What changed?

I personally felt that post was pretty scummy. Note: Scummy posts does not necessarily mean that I think you are scum. In fact in this one situation that unless this is some uber gambit by the scum team you are town. "Going after" someone to me means multiple posts where they are trying to push their views. You are so low on my radar as far as potential scum that it isn't even worth the effort of reading your posts. I think you are mischaracterizing one post that I made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Squiggly posted:

I'm actually just addressing everything to mine as much content from you lazy deadline missing fuckers as possible

I technically didn't miss the deadline, I had my vote in. Your beef is not with me, but with people who didn't vote period.