Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
checkbox
checkbox
checkbox
View Results

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

I will sign up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

##vote Hal

Only name I recognize clearly scum

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Nep-Nep posted:

I would choose Sal because we are scumbos and I'm in the mood to throw

We all gonna ignore this post?

Used to be someone said they were scum it was an auto lynch

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

SalTheBard posted:

I have played in games where people have scum claimed and then been like "WHY SO SERIOUS JOKE PHASE!" and then it turns out they are really scum. But yeah I also hate when people make obvious joke posts and then those get blown out of proportion.

Heaven forbid we examine the hearty 40 posts that we're voting on

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am suspicious of this shift away from me

This is what I was thinking. Wanted to see if you'd pop up. Any longer and I'd think you were scum waiting for the heat to die down

##unvote

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

##vote nep-nep gut vote

I like ix as town currently. These are my opinions

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sorry friend folk, I've got my hands in many pots, physical, metaphysical, theoretical, conceptual... I've got my hands in pots, but I'll get back to it later today.

Fast call-out and response

##unvote
##vote anomalous amalgam

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Still cool with nep vote but that's a primo scum move

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm I am not super into voting nep-nep, nep-nep did nothing wrong

I like my gut vote a lot less with the bandwagon that formed

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

Moritz could easily be scum with Amalgam. Flam was an easy push to avoid lynching Amalgam because I had left my vote on him when I went to bed. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume a 3-man scum team in an 11-player game where everyone has a brutal and there's no NK; otherwise the scum only gets one controlled kill. So Sober/Moritz/Amalgam is not an unlikely combination.

If it's not them, though, then the only living person with more than one vote from an unflipped player is Amalgam. If the scum didn't concentrate at all, it suggests they didn't care which of the three lynch leaders died and by extension that would imply Amalgam is Town. Or they did concentrate, which would mean Squiggly and Hal are both scum and again Amalgam is Town.

Summary: I'm not voting Amalgam today as I think he can only be scum with Moritz.

Look at this piece of poo poo "hypothetical game theory" post. A whole lotta words to say absolutely nothing substantial

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Tired Moritz posted:

I suggest we pressure squiggly more.

Are you really calling me a lurker for not posting for a whole day? Learn to get drunk on a Friday you loving dweeb

Know who else hasn't posted? Anomalous amalgam

I didn't see a good reason not to lynch him day 1 and I think scum team are trying to hard deflect away

##vote anomalous amalgam

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

SalTheBard posted:

So I legit hate this post. You are coming out super hard on this and your whole case is "LOL". There is no effort to pick apart the post, it's just a blanket "This post sucks."

There is nothing to dissect. The whole post is hot garbage nonsense

Not a case either, no vote. Interesting that I'm coming out "super hard against it" when you yourself frame my post as a big "lol." Almost like I'm not coming out against it super hard?

Try not to put words in my mouth you illiterate gently caress

sal posted:

You need to dial it back a notch with the insults.

I'm sorry mom

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hey Sal why are you trying to frame my drive by callout as a big case while ignoring my actual vote with some nonsense comment about insults?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm not sure in the context of insults I've seen in mafia games that loving dweeb is particularly risable.

Fake edit: although continuing by calling you an illiterate gently caress is a bit much

I was kinda hoping for a more emotional response once he seemed sensitive to the language to be honest

I think it's interesting he'd rather discuss my tone than my content and I don't like the hypocrisy inherent in his post but I'm not sold on it being scummy

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

##vote squiggles

outside of that first vote on me, I think the rest of their play is not good with the buckshot aggression coming across as suspicious.

You can hate me for being an rear end in a top hat but this is a bad bandwagon vote

Suspicious because...?

...because two other people discussed my actions and you want to get in ground floor if they vote me?

It seems like you plugged in some key words that make sense in the context of everyone's posts but not really solely on their own

Already my number one pick!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

From the receiving end point of view: Squiggly dismissed my arguments without addressing them. That's bad in any event. But also, for the last couple of years I've done most of my Mafia playing on BGG where plurality lynch is the norm. I've learned how much more important it is to track the votes in games where you can easily be lynched with only three people on you.

He also started in on how I didn't vote for Moritz. While I think that Amalgam can't be scum unless Moritz is, it doesn't follow that Amalgam is scum if Moritz is. There's nothing to gain from lynching Moritz without an additional reason to suspect him, and I don't have that yet.

It's like you missed the whole point of my post

If A than B, if B than C is a wishy washy junk argument that means absolutely nothing because no one but scum know if A is town or scum

It looks like content but isn't really because there is nothing behind it and there is still no vote laid down by you. Just "I don't think this person is scum because of this unlikely chain of events"

It's bad logic however you look at it

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Tired Moritz posted:

honestly I dont like that argument because it sets up both AA and me as scum on flips. I mean, I won't lie and I was kinda thinking of voting AA but then I got to thinking, why?

if AA flips town then people are gonna be suspicious on me based on messy logic and I'm not a fan of that.

You're making connections I did not explicitly state and faulty ones at that

Your second assertion is a little bit more on the mark. I find your transitive property post as one of those scummy non helpful but look I'm posting posts.

It's scummy on its own, not in relation to AA

It seems like you are not a fan of me because however AA flips, your post is a bad post. Hence why I called it out in the first place as A Bad Post

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

Yeah, gently caress you because I explained the full chain of events - by which I mean, the three possibilities that exist if you can count to two.

##vote Squiggly

Ooooo look a chain of events I'm a helpful townie

Nice OMGUS hahahaha

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

You can call it OMGUS if you want, but take a look at how he's responding to confrontation. He's made no attempt to address the question of where I should think the scum are, if not between Squiggly/Hal and Sober/Moritz.

A.) You never posed a question

B ) You made a game theory post about how many scum there might be

C.) You made a long winded hypothetical post tying a bunch of people together

D.) Your big conclusion was "this person is probably town UNLESS this person is scum" still tying people together for chain lynches

E.) You vote nobody

F.) You invent some bullshit about how I should tell you where to look for scum instead of scum hunting yourself and act like that's a plausible reason to vote for someone

I didn't think I needed to spell it out to that degree because I assumed the rest of you were semi competent and could see why that post was A Bad Post™ but hey my bad I guess

Pretty sure now is when I convince myself I'm right. I'd vote jedit but I still think AA is scum too

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

it's not the best, but I did give it some thought instead of placing a drive by vote on you squig

I'd like the input from others but while I'm addressing things

Why is being aggressive suspicious

What about that makes me scummy

These are unexplained questions that would help justify your vote or anything else really. Looks like you were trying to call me town to see if I'd back off but now that I'm not going to you figured might as well shoot for the lynch

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

I'd also like to downgrade my ix reading from townie to neutral. He's chiming in to troll post but nothing substantial

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

Sorry about your nun experience

Bro don't talk about my moms like that

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm now imagining that you were raised by two nuns and they wanted you to take over their bakery when you got older but what you really wanted to do was be a fighter pilot.

gently caress rolls I was born to drop bombs 😎

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha squiggly the new generation of mafia just doesn’t get you man

I looked at my rap sheet yesterday and I have a probation from 6 years ago for this schtick hahahah

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

You were also scum there Hal...

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Squiggly posted:

You're making connections I did not explicitly state and faulty ones at that

Your second assertion is a little bit more on the mark. I find your transitive property post as one of those scummy non helpful but look I'm posting posts.

It's scummy on its own, not in relation to AA

It seems like you are not a fan of me because however AA flips, your post is a bad post. Hence why I called it out in the first place as A Bad Post

This is now a bad post because it's responding to who I thought was jedit

TM inserted himself into nowhere with another bad post but I thought I was responding to a different person whoops

To self: Learn to read, you inept dumb gently caress

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

LIES! I just read and I was totally town why would you throw fictional shade on me :siren:

I read it yesterday and already forgot apparently

Oof maybe I need to cut back on my weed intake

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Hal Incandenza posted:

Thanks for the clarification, I appreciate your honesty. How townie! Or is that what you want me to think...

I'ma be real I don't really care what anyone thinks because even if I'm lynched I still get a vig kill to do your jobs for you :clint:

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

He didn't say whether or not he wanted it so work is halted until he returns. Also I played SC 2 for the first time in 10 months today and I'm still Diamond (3) :toot:

Don't blue ball me like that

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IllegallySober posted:

##unvote

I’ll be reviewing the game more closely in the next hour or two but for now am removing my OMGUS vote on Squiggly. I’m not opposed to voting that way for the sake of the game but if I can make a more informed decision I’d like to.

It's cool I was an rear end in a top hat. I can be a constructive rear end in a top hat though

If you revote me just explain why I'm scummy please

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ixtlilton posted:

Oh wow I didn't realize deadline was that close. I still want to kill binus so ##vote b-minus

This is a good vote

gently caress you're back to townie status again

Literally was waiting to see who voted me but he was a top choice for a surprise vig kill

Does no one get a vibe off of AA? I will move my vote to avoid a no lynch but come on I'm not completely unjustified here am I?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IllegallySober posted:

Since this is plurality, let's start with ##vote Hal and see what happens.

Why Hal? I think the other two have the most potential support based on other suspicions and votes so why him out of all 3?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IllegallySober posted:

I know you didn’t like his immediate response last game day to me questioning where he was, but I’m not clear on the rest of your argument against him. Can you re-state?

I think I tried to question him a page or two ago about why being aggressive was suspicious and what about that was scummy in relation to his vote on me and he straight up ignored that request to post baloney instead

I am still wary of how he called me town in one post and then after people posted suspicions of me being aggressive being suspicious proceeds to copy that language and vote me when it seems like a bandwagon might form in almost his next post

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Yeah that's the one. It was a pretty substantial post. Hard to miss and there's not really points made about anyone else. He straight up ignores it

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Is it 20 minutes to deadline and we're the only ones talking

This game is run by scum

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IllegallySober posted:

While I consider that, anyone who’s here, same question as yesterday- if you are the dunk, who do you intend to kill?

To answer my own question, as of right now I would still probably kill B- over AA but it’s close.

I like to hold that one close to my hip but I already gave away I was considering shooting b- if the votes on me had lined up in a certain way

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

I don't really want to lynch Hal and Sal target

TM caught my point on jedits post being a haven for chain lynches but framed it personally and then left. He doesn't look great

But Sal keeps popping in to act like he's here and not really posting a whole lot substantially either so I don't want to follow him. Same for hal bit too I suppose

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

I'll explain that. Based on D1 voting I think that Squig/Hal and TM/Amalgam form a dichotomy. As matters stand, if nobody but TM votes then TM is doomed unless Hal switches. Assuming Hal will not switch, then TM has the choice of going down alone or taking either Squig or Amalgam with him. Who he picks, and who he then shoots, will give us a lot of information about who he wants to be alive.

Stop this it's so loving scummy

Not because it's me but because you hypothetically pair people up with no flip proof

Only scum have proof of alignment and it looks like you're potentially tying opposite alignments together for chain lynches. If you post this poo poo after a flip that's fine but you're speculating on 4 people's status at the same time in a hypothetical with supposedly no proof of alignment

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

IllegallySober posted:

Looks like TM is likely to be dead regardless unless someone switches or we get 3+ votes on someone else.

That's why I posted that I didn't want to lynch him since I'm probably going to have to to avoid a no lynch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

##unvote
##vote bminus