Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

tooterfish posted:

I don't think I've had anything but positive experiences with CoX pubbies. Either now, or when I played in the past. It's got to be the most pug friendly game I've ever played, even when everything goes wrong it still manages to be fun and people seem to stay good humoured.

So long as you turn off Help as soon as possible, because jesus you get some weird conversations in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ok someone fill me in here on WTF I missed in Praetoria. I did one mission for Neuron and handed over data to Cole... who is like, "Lol yeah that happens thanks fam," and now suddenly I'm supposed to know all about Primal Earth and that we are going to invade or somesuch bullshit? WTF?

PUPPY PUZZLE
Jun 22, 2002

Deki posted:

Also I'm curious as to if any of the servers will ever "finish" the Incarnate track.

very extremely highly unlikely. same with wind control and the origin pools. the sad thing is that the slots and badges and everything worked for incarnates up to omega, they're still in the game, but the ui for anything past hybrid has been removed for i25/26 because there's nothing to slot in them

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

^^^^^ oh, that probably makes more sense.

Deki posted:

I've had decent experiences with pubbies but I try to group with goons as much as possible. Ideally I'll just ping pong between the two unless there's a massive migration to the goon server or back to Indom.

Also I'm curious as to if any of the servers will ever "finish" the Incarnate track.

What does "finishing" mean here? In terms of players slotting T4s in every slot, that's happened. People have beaten all the iTrials even on Indom (which has less population than Torchbearer and whatever the RP server is called) and from the ones I've done, I imagine the Master Of has been awarded to players for those as well. Keyes I haven't done and is a pain to get the Master Of, so I'm not sure on that one, but considering everything else that's been achieved I would not be surprised if it has.

Potsticker fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 29, 2019

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ok someone fill me in here on WTF I missed in Praetoria. I did one mission for Neuron and handed over data to Cole... who is like, "Lol yeah that happens thanks fam," and now suddenly I'm supposed to know all about Primal Earth and that we are going to invade or somesuch bullshit? WTF?

Yeah, power has the weakest transition. Go do the Neutropolis Responsibility arcs for a better background.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

*quietly deletes weedvegetaxxx from w18*

For every WeedGoku you delete, I'll create another two.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Hail Hydra

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Gynovore posted:

When we start seeing accounts named xXxGokuWeedLord420xXx, it will be exactly like live was.

Fixed that for you.

Also:

This is too perfect to leave to languish on the last page of the old thread.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

tooterfish posted:

I don't think I've had anything but positive experiences with CoX pubbies. Either now, or when I played in the past. It's got to be the most pug friendly game I've ever played, even when everything goes wrong it still manages to be fun and people seem to stay good humoured.

Not saying the crazy isn't out there, and maybe I've been lucky so far... but it's not like there's ever been a shortage of loving weirdo goons either.

Same. I've done more content than 99% of goons and I don't think I've experienced a single toxic rear end in a top hat.

Most people are either dead silent, extremely normal, or precious little cinnamon buns like Bento Box :v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Going to fill in a bunch of the basic gameplay stuff in the second post after work tonight and then see if I have energy to merge the rest of the resources from discord into the first post.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

Deki posted:

With regards to unreleased content, based on what I've heard, asked about, and personally guess (take this all with a grain of salt i'm a random dumbass on the internet)

Incarnate track is probably a very unlikely, if ever. The current ones already basically snap the game in half, and unless something dramatic changes it's pretty unlikely there will be sufficient interest to continue developing itrials. Not impossible, just extremely unlikely.

Origin pools are somewhat unlikely, as they reference by name art assets that don't really exist in a modable fashion ingame (such as bolas). It's possible someone might feel like sprucing up the art assets for this, but given they were deliberately paragon point bait pools and aren't actually very interesting past that (the former being the reason given as to why they were forsaken on the SCORE server), I doubt it.

Wind Control is actually possible. There's a lot of interest, mechanically it's pretty much all written down and thought out, so it's plausible artist(s) and coder(s) could work on this. I think the powers are actually mostly functional right now and '''just''' (that's still asking a lot) need art assets but I could be misinformed there.

Would be extremely surprised if we don't see people proliferate weapons, spruce up the NPC costume parts, finish proliferating the few power sets that still make remote sense, and otherwise make the most of what's already in the files. In general if there's much new content for the game it'll probably be primarily that for now, anything more complicated than weapons is going to be hard to gauge until we see servers start to make a serious stab at new content.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

I see I inspired someone! You got the shoes better! :D

It was definitely lurking around in the back of my head. Once the name popped into my head I knew I had to act on it, so I started tinkering around with costume ideas and that seemed like the obvious choice. Once I realized I could use the chest piece to have both the metal skin and the "shirt" I was locked in.

Dunno about yours, but it's important to note that mine's Kinetic Melee so he really will be confidently flailing his arms around at all times. :haw:

PUPPY PUZZLE posted:

very extremely highly unlikely. same with wind control and the origin pools.

I'd say Wind Control and the origin pools are more likely because AFAIK we have power data available for both, so it's just down to getting animation work done on them. I'm pretty sure the missing Incarnate stuff was still on the drawing board. Aside from the names I don't think anyone outside the dev team had any info on what they were actually supposed to do, and possibly not even them when it came to stuff like Omega. (Plus it'd be a bit silly to put all that work in without any additional content to use them in.)

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 29, 2019

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

theres 3 of us now

I rly need to finish the bio

I AM THE MOON fucked around with this message at 14:12 on May 29, 2019

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Oh poo poo, that's the hair.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

nyttyn posted:

Wind Control is actually possible. There's a lot of interest, mechanically it's pretty much all written down and thought out, so it's plausible artist(s) and coder(s) could work on this. I think the powers are actually mostly functional right now and '''just''' (that's still asking a lot) need art assets but I could be misinformed there.

people keep forgetting this, but wind control is in the old Titan costume editor. you can watch all the animations right there.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Just steal Gale, Hurricane, and everything Scirocco and Ice Mistral do, give it a recolored Dark Servant, slap some smashing/cold damage on it, and call it a day.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I think if you hit maybe 22 before you finish picking up Neutropolis contacts it just dumps you at the end and skips things. This exact thing you had happened with my Sentinel.

Long story short with the end of the Power arc: Neuron starts a program to make mass produced Cole clones and has you train it up as a replacement for supers but this will not do because it would undermine your personal claim to fame. So you work with Anti-Matter to have it go very publicly berserk so you can put it down. In the morality mission you can either destroy it as ordered or narc on Neuron for bootlicker cred.

The invasion gets brought up in several arcs but again it's super easy to level up fast enough that you miss entire contacts, which makes the entire Praet story become pretty disjointed as many arcs feed directly off earlier ones.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 29, 2019

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I’m intentionally rushing to the end of missions without killing unnecessary guys along the way, I’m not using xp boosts, and I’ve had minimal patrol xp since i started. I’ve done all of Responsibility and I’ve done all of Power except for Neutropolis. Just starting Power in Neutropolis and I just turned 18.

They either didn’t expect you to do everything on one character, or they expected you to have multiple bars of debt every level.

They also make it really hard to stick with the Loyalists 100% of the time. I just couldn’t bring myself to turn Vanessa over to Mother.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

LordSaturn posted:

people keep forgetting this, but wind control is in the old Titan costume editor. you can watch all the animations right there.

the animations are all just directly used from other powersets and are placeholders that don't really visually match up with what the powers suggest as a result.

apparently re-looking into my info, a post from a titan network admin suggests that the set wasn't even coded in yet and everything in client was just a rough first pass with napkin math and concepts.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Nemo posted:

They also make it really hard to stick with the Loyalists 100% of the time. I just couldn’t bring myself to turn Vanessa over to Mother.

As part of Going Rogue's themes, there are intentionally moral choices you have to make no matter which side you join. The loyalists and resistance both have their hands in some dirty places doing things that are very morally wrong.

Unfortunately, by the time you return to praetoria, Emperor Cole and all loyalists are out right black hat villains.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nemo posted:

I’m intentionally rushing to the end of missions without killing unnecessary guys along the way, I’m not using xp boosts, and I’ve had minimal patrol xp since i started. I’ve done all of Responsibility and I’ve done all of Power except for Neutropolis. Just starting Power in Neutropolis and I just turned 18.

They either didn’t expect you to do everything on one character, or they expected you to have multiple bars of debt every level.

I literally turned xp off just so I could run everything. On the other hand, so many merits.

The absolute worst part of Tilman's missions was capturing Beholder though, since you aren't given the option to let her go. You straight up have to send her back to mind slavery in order to continue the Responsibility story. I hear that in the incarnate trials you make MM super extra dead and all I can say is good.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
I've only had one notably bad experience thusfar and it was a very weird one. I hopped on a team to do the Manticore TF with another friend, and the first red flag was that the dude (a tanker, naturally) was stressing about nothing having 'enough heals' for fighting 6 missions worth of Crey, noted punching bags. He was really controlling about pulling/'herding' mobs around corners and poo poo while I, as a Brute and facepunching enthusiast, chose to run ahead and get to work polishing off some stuff to make the Defeat All missions go quicker. Then the weird dude sends me a tell informing me this is my 'second warning', to which I tell him to politely gently caress off and promptly drop group to go elsewhere shortly thereafter. I don't think I ever saw anyone like that ever on the Live servers, but I'm glad that these mystical control freak tanks who suck at the game are still out there in the wild.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I got told today that Lord Recluse is just wearing a techno spider legs backpack like most of his organization and now I'm confused because I thought the Arachnoids were suppose to be hosed up clones of him or something.

So what are his actual rear end super powers he got from drinking fury juice then? The ability to make a really lovely place to live? That's the only thing I can think of that he and Praetorian Cole have in common.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Caidin posted:

I got told today that Lord Recluse is just wearing a techno spider legs backpack like most of his organization and now I'm confused because I thought the Arachnoids were suppose to be hosed up clones of him or something.

So what are his actual rear end super powers he got from drinking fury juice then? The ability to make a really lovely place to live? That's the only thing I can think of that he and Praetorian Cole have in common.

Hyper Intelligence and Charisma, as a counter to Statesman getting Hyper Strength and Stamina. Everything he built, he built using his smarts and his charisma.

Praetorian Cole has all four of these, supposedly.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Caidin posted:

I got told today that Lord Recluse is just wearing a techno spider legs backpack like most of his organization

No, his spider legs are organic, they're real. He wears armor over them to protect them + make them more dangerous, though. Someone going by just looks might think they're robotic, but it's armor.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Caidin posted:

He's got THE POWER OF TARTARUS as the counterpoint to Statesman's POWER OF ZEUS, so maybe kinda? Or maybe he's just REALLY GOOD at Persona 3.

But no the giant spider legs are mutations, he's just (sensibly) covered them in armor and (somewhat sensibly) stuck knives on the end of them.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Caidin posted:

Nah, he's got legit spider legs. They're just armored. "...his back, through Stefan's focused manipulation of his dark power, began developing a hump which later was used to house eight massive arachnid-like arms. Upon further enhancement, the arms were outfitted with super-strong steel claws covering the flesh and bone "arms" that protruded from this hump..."

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Oh poo poo I'm a few days late.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Did 'gone to the americans' ever become graffiti or a badge or something in-game? It seems like one of those community memes that would have.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
The goons that want to segregate themselves from normal players are the real weirdos. This is CoX, a game that's famous for having a chill, awesome player base. A Goon only server is going to fizzle out like a wet fart when you don't have enough people to regularly run iTrials.

Thundarr posted:

I literally turned xp off just so I could run everything. On the other hand, so many merits.

The absolute worst part of Tilman's missions was capturing Beholder though, since you aren't given the option to let her go. You straight up have to send her back to mind slavery in order to continue the Responsibility story. I hear that in the incarnate trials you make MM super extra dead and all I can say is good.

I too had to turn off XP gain so I could finish the Praetoria poo poo.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

As long as we're spitballing powersets, I would kill to have an arcane powerset based on all the sentient spell stuff from Night Ward.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Bapping people with the giant rune from the Sorcery powerset is fun, even if the cast time feels interminable.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Crasical posted:

Did 'gone to the americans' ever become graffiti or a badge or something in-game? It seems like one of those community memes that would have.

Don't think so. As far as I can remember the only thing that really got immortalized like that was the Kill Skuls thing.

Also new thread means a thread that needs to be graced by Connorman.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

the origin pools were in service of a very definite unfilled need that the game had, it's a pity that the travel powers aren't that good

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

KittyEmpress posted:

Hyper Intelligence and Charisma, as a counter to Statesman getting Hyper Strength and Stamina. Everything he built, he built using his smarts and his charisma.

Praetorian Cole has all four of these, supposedly.

This take works, since he's basically Cobra Commander with a deeper voice and a different animal theme.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Yeah but Recluse is way more competent.

Also I forgot to mention but I was digging through my archives. So also, this:

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.
As I've mentioned to a few other goons, and in the global channel, I have the names "Dad" and "Mom" reserved on Indomitable. It's the perfect funny names for any of you who know someone else to duo with. I'm getting the characters to 50 so that the names don't expire. Just post if you want them.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
GIVE ME THAT LUXURIOUS AEGIA LEAF PHYSICS GOODNESS AND GRANT ME A MILLION NEWSPAPER PARTICLES EXPLODING IN EVERY DIRECTION

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
Is there a costume option of the head of your character being a brain in a jar, Clockwork King style? I was fiddling around last night and couldn't find one, but I've seen at least one screenshot with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
oh my god i am hopping on this so hard when i get home