Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SwissArmyDruid posted:

There's nothing wrong with re-using the name, that name is baller and still works.

Just that this mage went a lot more in on the tech. Maybe take Sorcery pool as a follow-up.

There's one problem: That's not my character upthread, so it's not my name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!

Mr. Maggy posted:

elec/shield stalker is loving hilarious

Why? Cause telefucks don't break Hide. Yes. They do not.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

If someone wants Sharper Mage, let me know and I'll delete 'cause I seriously don't care about the character. I've already moved on and made Shark Dressed Man.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I don’t like the AT so someone should do a necro/time MM called Metronomicon.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

If someone wants Sharper Mage, let me know and I'll delete 'cause I seriously don't care about the character. I've already moved on and made Shark Dressed Man.

Beautiful.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Help I keep making high concept computer characters.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

John Murdoch posted:

Help I keep making high concept computer characters.

augh, fullbright magenta chroma is the best idea to never occur to me

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Merilan posted:

I'm thinking of a Defender, Rad is traditionally strong and seems moreso with Defender numbers; what about secondaries though? Should I just eschew damaging sets and go for something with powerful riders like Dark? (I think I could entirely tank an enemy's tohit with Rad's toggle and Dark...)
On a defender you can probably do it with just the toggle.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Merilan posted:

I'm thinking of a Defender, Rad is traditionally strong and seems moreso with Defender numbers; what about secondaries though? Should I just eschew damaging sets and go for something with powerful riders like Dark? (I think I could entirely tank an enemy's tohit with Rad's toggle and Dark...)

I went with Sonic on my Defender for -Resistance.

I wanted to love Mastermind but I took Ninjas, Necro, and Demons to their last pet + last enhancement and wasn't having fun. I had more fun supporting my teams with the support kits than I did managing pets. I was using key binds that made it much easier but I just got frustrated by having to replace them occasionally and manage their movement. Plus it just didn't feel that good to sic pets on things as opposed to beating the snot out of everything or blowing poo poo up.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Everslain posted:

I went with Sonic on my Defender for -Resistance.

I wanted to love Mastermind but I took Ninjas, Necro, and Demons to their last pet + last enhancement and wasn't having fun. I had more fun supporting my teams with the support kits than I did managing pets. I was using key binds that made it much easier but I just got frustrated by having to replace them occasionally and manage their movement. Plus it just didn't feel that good to sic pets on things as opposed to beating the snot out of everything or blowing poo poo up.

MMs either click with you or they don't. I like them because in groups you mostly just let them go hog wild while you play babby defender and run the leadership auras, but they're not focused on anything. They are probably the closest to a jack of all trades type class. They don't anything super well, but they put out decent damage while supporting and can still solo.

They are definitely more work for lesser effect on any one thing, especially when Brutes exist, and their numbers don't compare to a full Defender.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Masterminds are a fantastic chill out class, though. But yeah, they’re not really the best for any particular role, but they’re drat good at most things depending on the power sets. Loved my bots/dark back on live.

I’ve tried beast/time, but it’s not especially clicking for me so far. Thinking of trying a different combo soon. Maybe mercenaries or thugs.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Beasts is weird to me because It's mostly wolves BUT ALSO LIONS.

EDIT: I mean if it went Wolves / Lions / A Bear then it would bug me less, but it's Wolves/Lions/BIG WOLF and that just screws with me for some reason.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Crasical posted:

EDIT: I mean if it went Wolves / Lions / A Bear then it would bug me less, but it's Wolves/Lions/BIG WOLF and that just screws with me for some reason.

Oh it bothers me SO MUCH! And I know it shouldn't. But it DOES!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I really want new Blaster primary sets based on two things from other ATs:
  • The animal-related blasts Masterminds get with the Beasts set, like throwing a swarm of bugs or siccing a flock of ravens on enemies. I loving love that raven animation.
  • The shuriken throws in the Dominator's Martial Assault secondary set. Those animations own and I want a ninja-focused Blaster set that uses them.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
I think Savage assault dominator gets bees/bird throwing as well but yeah I'd like to have it on blasters as well

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Harrow posted:

• The animal-related blasts Masterminds get with the Beasts set, like throwing a swarm of bugs or siccing a flock of ravens on enemies. I loving love that raven animation.

They better call it “Animal Blast”.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Everslain posted:

I think Savage assault dominator gets bees/bird throwing as well but yeah I'd like to have it on blasters as well

Yeah, I just wish they got the flock of ravens move. If they did I'd probably have rolled one by now.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Harrow posted:

• The shuriken throws in the Dominator's Martial Assault secondary set. Those animations own and I want a ninja-focused Blaster set that uses them.

This is one set and it is Shinobee Blast

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sea Lily posted:

This is one set and it is Shinobee Blast

:hmmyes:

Damonic
Jan 17, 2006
I'm so happy this game is back!

Meet 'Murica. He's an AR/Atomic Manipulation Blaster.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Crasical posted:

that's because it basically goes dogs / cats / dog

a grave sin indeed!!! they can't coexist!!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Crasical posted:

I'mma be honest, it bothers me that this extremely superhero MMO has little to no gorilla representation and that would have been as good a place as any.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
You can actually make a pretty decent Gorilla/Monkey Hero with creative use of the Alien Face, beards and some of the face makeup stuff.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Caidin posted:

I'mma be honest, it bothers me that this extremely superhero MMO has little to no gorilla representation and that would have been as good a place as any.

See, now this just makes me want a primate MM primary. And then make like 10 of them with other people and sit em all under Atlas/abuse the "goto" command.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I liked being able to get to 20 quick with a few DFB runs but I guess those days are over. Pretty funny that I'm lamenting a nerf that was just patched into a dead game.

Caidin posted:

:agreed:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

HPanda posted:

See, now this just makes me want a primate MM primary. And then make like 10 of them with other people and sit em all under Atlas/abuse the "goto" command.

I'm trying to think of the ranged attacks built into the set and I'm seeing certain possibilities for toxic damage.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Only very tangentally related but Freedom Force is on sale in GoG (and its sequel!) for the ridiculously low price of £1.19. It's a cornball as all hell superhero tactical RPG with a limited yet cool hero creation system where you choose a model and make your powers from the ground up if you like. Figured there'd be some fans in this topic because man was I excited to see this again.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 31, 2019

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I remember trying so hard to make Batman in that game. Pretty sure I failed.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Caidin posted:

i remember champions online's big thing they advertised was "ooh look at how robust our character creator is you can make gorillas!"

that was like the only thing that was noteworthy about the char creator lol

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Harrow posted:

I was real annoyed I couldn't make some manner of Wind/Martial Assault ninja dominator. It felt really good as a concept and none of the other control sets scratch that thematic itch.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

khy
Aug 15, 2005

If anyone's playing on Homecoming and wants an updated version of Pine's, I have been updating it and posting it over on their forums.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,3093.0.html

Since I assume the Goon Server runs i24, it won't be accurate for that in terms of powerset proliferation.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

boxen posted:

Oh no, I did bots/time, will I be too bored to enjoy the game?

Time is great for any AT or playstyle, it has a bunch of buffs and dubuffs.

Forcefield will make your bots softcapped or close to it, but you'll soon be bored silly, all you do is apply ff buffs over and over and over.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Merilan posted:

i remember champions online's big thing they advertised was "ooh look at how robust our character creator is you can make gorillas!"

that was like the only thing that was noteworthy about the char creator lol

I'm in hard disagreement with this. CO's character creation and CoX's seem to perfectly overlap with each other's strengths and weaknesses. There are things I want to do in each game that I can't, but can do perfectly in the other. Overall, CoX's is easier to work with, but CO's has more potential variety(especially with faces).

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Brave New World posted:

I'm in hard disagreement with this. CO's character creation and CoX's seem to perfectly overlap with each other's strengths and weaknesses. There are things I want to do in each game that I can't, but can do perfectly in the other. Overall, CoX's is easier to work with, but CO's has more potential variety(especially with faces).

The only thing I remember about Champion's character creator is that the boob slider defaults to the max. They knew their audience.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I mostly miss the Champions creator’s ability to have arm/hip/leg accessories.

The number of characters who I’ve wanted to strap a knife to their thigh or have a holster, then remembered I can’t.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

You can actually make a pretty decent Gorilla/Monkey Hero with creative use of the Alien Face, beards and some of the face makeup stuff.

I personally prefer the Clockwork 5 face with the Spikey beard option and a hat/hair option of choice. There's still some cyborg stuff visible around the sides and back of the neck but it's not really noticeable under most situations.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Brave New World posted:

tbh I mostly remember the faces looking incredibly uncanny valley-esque and unpleasant, but fair enough

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Songbearer posted:

Only very tangentally related but Freedom Force is on sale in GoG (and its sequel!) for the ridiculously low price of £1.19. It's a cornball as all hell superhero tactical RPG with a limited yet cool hero creation system where you choose a model and make your powers from the ground up if you like. Figured there'd be some fans in this topic because man was I excited to see this again.

poo poo, might need to pick this up. I remember playing the demo for FF back in the day and enjoying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

I personally prefer the Clockwork 5 face with the Spikey beard option and a hat/hair option of choice. There's still some cyborg stuff visible around the sides and back of the neck but it's not really noticeable under most situations.

Poking around in the costume editor, you could also just use the 'feral' face if you want a very angry sorta-ape look.