Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«268 »
Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Khanstant posted:

I just keep at it, never quite get the timing perfect but just push the stick up and down repeatedly at some regularish pace and he'll eventually start laughing.

??????????????????

My dudes, you literally just slowly move the controller up and down at a slow pace. It's not that complicated!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Keep on keeping on.

Macaluso posted:

??????????????????

My dudes, you literally just slowly move the controller up and down at a slow pace. It's not that complicated!!

On PC that's not how it works by default, only if you have a PS4 controller in and change the relevant settings option. All the motion controls (rotating the map for terrain heights, rocking BB etc) were moved to the sticks by default so people with xbone/switch/steam controllers can still do them without swapping to mkb.

I can understand the confusion in how hard to rock BB if you're using the left stick, the input is a bit finnicky. Try flicking it up and back to neutral in time with Sam's arm movements instead of pushing it and keeping it held. Each "push" from neutral to the edge of the stick and back should be one rock.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Aug 12, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

I keep forgetting this game came out on PC

«268 »