Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

not all who wander are lost

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I don’t get the reference…

Also I hope it’s not only for PS5, and that it will be on the 4 as well.

One of the cardboard boxes in MGS2 just read "THE ORANGE" which was a source of much hilarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Oct 31, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

This being marketed as a "director's cut" is pretty funny, as though Death Stranding (2019) was in some way not Kojima's vision.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Party Boat posted:

This being marketed as a "director's cut" is pretty funny, as though Death Stranding (2019) was in some way not Kojima's vision.
Director's Cut is as meaningless a phrase for its original use as Game of the Year Edition

Party Boat
Oct 31, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

We have a blu ray of Alien that boasts a "DIRECTOR'S CUT" and it's introduced by Ridley Scott saying that the original release was his cut and that the only reason he did an alternative cut was because Fox asked him to so the blu ray would sell better

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Party Boat posted:

We have a blu ray of Alien that boasts a "DIRECTOR'S CUT" and it's introduced by Ridley Scott saying that the original release was his cut and that the only reason he did an alternative cut was because Fox asked him to so the blu ray would sell better

Hopefully this one opens with Kojima explaining that it only exists to help pay for his next game

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

not all who wander are lost

MGS2 had Substance and MGS3 had Subsistence too so it's not unprecedented that Kojima goes back to a game to add and tweak stuff.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Maybe he removes the guns this time.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

kojima give death stranding a skateboard

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sam, this is Sick Grindman. Lake Knot City needs materials to build a half pipe and someone to demonstrate a nollie backside pop shove-it to keep their morale high. They're counting on you!

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Have you heard the good news?

Look deeply into my eyes.

STADIA!

Disappointed they picked such a lame subtitle, why not Death Stranding: Reported or Death Stranding: BB's Day Out.

Malcolm Turnbeug
Mar 21, 2018

Midjack posted:

Sam, this is Sick Grindman. Lake Knot City needs materials to build a half pipe and someone to demonstrate a nollie backside pop shove-it to keep their morale high. They're counting on you!

Preordering this right now

night slime
May 14, 2014

ErrEff posted:

Disappointed they picked such a lame subtitle, why not Death Stranding: Reported or Death Stranding: BB's Day Out.

Director's Cut is a reference to the Director of Bridges, Die Hardman

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

There used to be people called “directors”. They would oversee a creative project and steer it towards its goal. Kind of like how Bridges steers porters towards rebuilding America, don’t you think? 😊😊

Lou Takki
Dec 4, 2009

#essereFerrari

Juche Couture posted:

There used to be people called “directors”. They would oversee a creative project and steer it towards its goal. Kind of like how Bridges steers porters towards rebuilding America, don’t you think? 😊😊

Needs about %200 more smilies

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/status/1403115470547415041

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

daef

the studio with his name on it was harshing his creative vision I see

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That or 2020 gave him some ideas.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Kojima always hated making trailers since you have to give stuff away by virtue of getting people excited for your product. So I think if he had always had his way all of the MGS trailers would have been this variation of weird instead of showing all the guns and explosions and poo poo.

That said i'm glad this is the kind of trailer we got. Something strange that only major fans of Kojima's specific brand of humor and quirkyness will jive with that absolutely goes against the expectation of "oh man is Sam about to start sneaking around this room and CQC'ing people with his rope?"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

daef

The Shame Boy posted:

Kojima always hated making trailers since you have to give stuff away by virtue of getting people excited for your product. So I think if he had always had his way all of the MGS trailers would have been this variation of weird instead of showing all the guns and explosions and poo poo.

That said i'm glad this is the kind of trailer we got. Something strange that only major fans of Kojima's specific brand of humor and quirkyness will jive with that absolutely goes against the expectation of "oh man is Sam about to start sneaking around this room and CQC'ing people with his rope?"

Sam would need to sneak through there but I'm guessing it's while carrying someone in the box

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Juche Couture posted:

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

The Shame Boy posted:

Kojima always hated making trailers

I always got the impression that making cool trailers was one of his favourite things.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Necrothatcher posted:

I always got the impression that making cool trailers was one of his favourite things.

Me too, especially based on this video (timestamped at 11:29).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjUpYlKs0nM#t=689s

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 11, 2021

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

My favorite part was the oranges melting in real-time; sorcery

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Firstborn posted:

My favorite part was the oranges melting in real-time; sorcery

What is the Tanker section of MGS2 but a long trailer

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

The Jellicle Moon is shining bright

just started playing this again after i beat it in 2019, having a lot of fun just doing hard mode missions and finding the handful of bunkers i never saw.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Btw those emojis tell the timeline of Death Stranding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

Death Stranding: time4crab