Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

if i ever ran into any orders with enough cargo that i'd need a truck in snow i'd scream in horror

jump ramps, two floating carriers and a stabilizer, that's the way, and drat them anyway if they wanted me carrying more than that in the powder :colbert:

Trust me, that's the best way. It's just those long distance chilled deliveries that force you to use trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Sir Dingleby Dapper posted:

Trust me, that's the best way. It's just those long distance chilled deliveries that force you to use trucks.

oh well one more reason not to 100% this sunuvabitch then :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hope the protagonist in the sequel is different. Maybe we could play as Lou.

Not that I dislike Reedus, just would be nice to get to explore a new character.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Yeah I think any sequel would need a new character and a new story.

Ciaphas posted:

drat them anyway if they wanted me carrying more than that in the powder :colbert:

Honestly the poo poo Sam carries even without vehicles or exoskeletons is already completely absurd. I've carried 15kg up a fairly steep mountain on a well maintained track in good weather and it loving killed me. Okay I'm a goon and not the fittest person in the world but new game Sam is carrying several times that in a teetering stack twice his height over completely virgin rough terrain in all weather and barely breaking a sweat. He's basically the Hercules of hikers

That said it's a real credit to the game how fluid and realistic the movement felt despite how completely unrealistic the weights were. Whether it was the way Sam lurched side to side to compensate for the aforementioned absurd cargo stack teetering around, or the way he scrabbled down gravelly slopes, or the way he'd stick his uphill hand out to steady himself on rocks as he ran horizontally along a slope, everything felt really loving natural and real. Just playing the game made me want to get out and do more (much less extreme) hiking. This was my first Kojima game and I didn't love it for the incomprehensible story (which I didn't hate either to be fair, it was just sort of a spectacle) but I did love it for the mad genius that could produce such a realistic feeling hiking game and also make it fun. I'm pretty sure there's exactly one person on the planet who could pull that off and he did it.

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 27, 2022

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I mean, we don't even know if it's a Death Stranding sequel. Could also be another game starring Reedus?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Shinmera posted:

I mean, we don't even know if it's a Death Stranding sequel. Could also be another game starring Reedus?

Yeah this is also plausible, I don't know how much Reedus knows about video games, like he didn't know who Kojima was before Del Toro introduced them, so he might have misinterpreted what he was actually working on. Either that or when he said "the second one" he might have just meant his second project with Kojima in the general sense, rather than literally "The sequel to Death Stranding"

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Wafflecopper posted:

That said it's a real credit to the game how fluid and realistic the movement felt despite how completely unrealistic the weights were. Whether it was the way Sam lurched side to side to compensate for the aforementioned absurd cargo stack teetering around, or the way he scrabbled down gravelly slopes, or the way he'd stick his uphill hand out to steady himself on rocks as he ran horizontally along a slope, everything felt really loving natural and real. Just playing the game made me want to get out and do more (much less extreme) hiking. This was my first Kojima game and I didn't love it for the incomprehensible story (which I didn't hate either to be fair, it was just sort of a spectacle) but I did love it for the mad genius that could produce such a realistic feeling hiking game and also make it fun. I'm pretty sure there's exactly one person on the planet who could pull that off and he did it.

agree, i think that's really cool too. i'm well over 100 hours plated now (maybe 200, hard to tell between afks and platforms), but i still wince hard every time the poor fucker starts heeling over to the side while running. that's gotta be an incredibly painful amount of stress on his lumbar spine - and given the weight numbers used in the game it's a frank miracle the vertebrae haven't shattered into pieces like glass - but it's still more than detailed enough to completely suspend disbelief

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 19:08 on May 27, 2022

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I guess it's unlikely we'll get Death Stranding 2 anytime soon since Kojima is reportedly working on a horror game called Overdose. But it does start Margaret Qualley, who played Mama in Death Stranding.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I believe he's working on DS2 simultaneously, I would imagine that having the development from the first would make the second an easier project to manage in certain respects.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cloks posted:

I believe he's working on DS2 simultaneously, I would imagine that having the development from the first would make the second an easier project to manage in certain respects.

:doit:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Honestly I have no idea where they could even go with a sequel for Death Stranding. Gameplay-wise, sure they could add more gadgets, more terrain, more vehicles, all that sort of thing, but story-wise it would be very weird to see "the further adventures of Sam Porter Bridges" when the whole setting of the game was very specifically designed around the one exact story they wanted to tell with it. I mean it's Kojima so he'll probably come up with some new crazy thing for the story to be about based on a random article he read five years ago but it just seems so much more self-contained as a story than any of the MGS games ever were.

they skipped texas, and also the rest of america. america is one supercontinent and it needs to be rebuilt. sam isn't the only guy in the world, let us start in texas and work our way to whatever mysteries are south of there as a new person played by some other motorcycle show host. or let us play as BB all growed up. i didnt beat death stranding yet btw, tryna get one million likes before doing that last chapter

edit: oh my god, you play as BB but you carry old Sam around and it's like that thing about parents carrying their kids and then one day its the other way around, how cute would that be

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Honestly I have no idea where they could even go with a sequel for Death Stranding. Gameplay-wise, sure they could add more gadgets, more terrain, more vehicles, all that sort of thing, but story-wise it would be very weird to see "the further adventures of Sam Porter Bridges" when the whole setting of the game was very specifically designed around the one exact story they wanted to tell with it. I mean it's Kojima so he'll probably come up with some new crazy thing for the story to be about based on a random article he read five years ago but it just seems so much more self-contained as a story than any of the MGS games ever were.

Prequel during the big catecasym would make most sense. Just delivering poo poo as America implodes around you.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Noragrets

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Is that USD? Dear Lord! Need more pics

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

excuse the mess, it's my artdesk

anyways, I thought the bike was with it, but the japanese says it's not included, another company makes that....

and I broke the fuckin wrists trying to get the hand off and had to superglue it back and fit the gun there.

There's a bag it comes with so you can fit in extras you don't end up using, such as the gun there, I'm not sure if I want to put it in the bag, or use it on the model.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

He's dead Die-Hardman... wrapped in plastic...

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I think the Koto Reverse Trike model is in scale with the Figma: https://www.kotous.com/death-stranding-reverse-trike.html

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Midjack posted:

I think the Koto Reverse Trike model is in scale with the Figma: https://www.kotous.com/death-stranding-reverse-trike.html

$75 gently caress

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
That figma is great. I have the Sam and Cliff Nendoroids from the same company; I'll get a pic in the thread when I have them set up.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It's the Private Room!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
where are you even supposed to collect the grenades from?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Midjack posted:

It's the Private Room!

Kojima does it again

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

anyways, I thought the bike was with it, but the japanese says it's not included, another company makes that....

Ahhh, I ordered one of these from Good Smile a million years ago and I think the most recent delay mentioned July 2022 - nice to see these actually real!

I bought the Trike and unfortunately it turned out to be a model. My partner put it together and it was mostly fine though..

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Midjack posted:

It's the Private Room!

Distinct lack of advertisements for Ride Along with Norman Reedus. Disappointing. :(

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

If I plan on starting over for my new copy of the Director's Cut is there any reason to load my PS4 save? I don't believe there is a new game plus, but does anything useful transfer over if'n I'm not looking to continue progress?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

unl33t posted:

If I plan on starting over for my new copy of the Director's Cut is there any reason to load my PS4 save? I don't believe there is a new game plus, but does anything useful transfer over if'n I'm not looking to continue progress?

No.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

unl33t posted:

If it’s like every other save transfer then it unlocks trophies you already unlocked if you load the transferred save, which you may or may not give a poo poo about if you’ve done anything off the main path that you don’t want to redo.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Good info, thanks both of you! Now to go lug around Lou around the country.

My original playthrough was at the height of the lockdown, when I'd often times be the only one on the road on my way into work in the morning and the game's themes of desolate landscapes and rebuilding community hit really hard; I'm interested to see how it lands for me now.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, hey, I was looking for some of the audio files to use for ringtones and such. Anyone know where I could get a clean sample of the 'beep song' used by the delivery bots when they set out?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Anyone have any tips for this Peter Englert order where I have to hand-carry the champagne from the Timefall Farm? That means I can't use vehicles or zip-lines, right?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Don't drop it.

(try heading back up the hill you came down from the weather station, then head down the slope to the east from there, and you should be able to descend without climbing or running into too many BTs. Getting across the river may be a chore, but from there, you should be able to hook past the distribution center and back north-wards toward your destination)

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Aoi posted:

Don't drop it.

(try heading back up the hill you came down from the weather station, then head down the slope to the east from there, and you should be able to descend without climbing or running into too many BTs. Getting across the river may be a chore, but from there, you should be able to hook past the distribution center and back north-wards toward your destination)

If you have your highway set up, you can also take the hill on the south-western side where the curve is more forgiving, cut east to the highway, and speed skeleton down the road until you reach the turn by the craftsman. Then head north.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i forget, can you even slap that thing in a private locker?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Ciaphas posted:

i forget, can you even slap that thing in a private locker?

Can't remember...off-hand.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Don't forget to clear out the mule camp near the timefall farm before you start that mission.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Don't forget to clear out the mule camp near the timefall farm before you start that mission.

Do that and build out the road net to the DC halfway between lake knot and south knot before you start.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Cleared it earlier today - built a level 3 speed skeleton, ran to the nearest point on the highway, and just held my control stick upwards for fifteen minutes. I didn’t clear out the MULE camp beforehand but I ran too fast for them to matter anyways.

Now I’m in the part where you have to make deliveries in the mountains without your BB and every time Deadman hits me with a new reason I can’t have them back yet I wanna reach through that hologram and slap him.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Also, if you're a dumbass like me who couldn't figure out how to keep the pizza flat without a vehicle - use a floating carrier.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Ceyton posted:

Also, if you're a dumbass like me who couldn't figure out how to keep the pizza flat without a vehicle - use a floating carrier.

Or fill up the 'main' area of your backpack, then add the pizza on top of those (8 small/4 medium) base slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I haven't played the director's cut yet and i feel like some of the new toys would make that stupid pizza quest easier